The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gold tempers and rituals

jarydf
jarydf
✭✭✭✭
I don't want you to tell me what it is, but do you have a ritual you perform to get the most gold tempers out of refining raw mats RNG? I have one that "works" for me. I also have to say "YAY" verbally out loud in the real world if I get a gold temper from a writ. It totally helps. Honest.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to sell your soul to Sheogorath. Otherwise, no temper.
    Edited by mertusta on November 27, 2016 9:43AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is for cheese farmers. Trust in Boethiah and yourself.
    "I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so. And I shall remain as long as there are signs of my handwork, such as the blood dripping from this blade."
    Accepting my gift, she nodded and said: "Indeed."
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If find it helps to be indifferent about getting tempers, act like tempers are just a by product of your efforts.

I find tempers from refining can be pretty hit and miss now and have returned to doing writs on 5 characters, which gives me a pretty good return rate.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Whats a Castro?
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No rituals just be happy when they drop. I refined 1.6k ore 2 days ago got 8 alloys, refined 100 yesterday got 3. Although I was sitting upside down on my couch yesterday when I was refining, so maybe that had something to do with it.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »
    I don't want you to tell me what it is, but do you have a ritual you perform to get the most gold tempers out of refining raw mats RNG? I have one that "works" for me. I also have to say "YAY" verbally out loud in the real world if I get a gold temper from a writ. It totally helps. Honest.

Most definitely I do but it is more things relating to order in the game.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Short Run, yes, I have a system that works. In the long run, it does not matter.

So, I refine small batches ..... :D
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if i believe in any "rituals" for gold mats buuuut i have been going to a secluded instance to do my refining after i heard a rumor, like sanctum. Does it work...i dont really know, in my head i get more gold stuff lol.
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all in your head, just refine when you want, I usually refine about 100, if no purple temps show up I just stop and wait a while.
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    A suggestion based on my own method

Once I have 200 raw materials or more I go to the crafting station on most occasions I get 1 gold rosin drew wax or tempering alloys and then leave and come back later. At times I have got carried away from the ritual and refined all and got a couple or maybe 3 out of 200 they sat that there is a system which I do not belive as I have herd of refining 500 non stop getting 3 gold items and other refining 100 and getting 3 gold items

So in short do what you feel best suited to myself I stop as soon as I get a gold temper etc and come back after a few quests or when in rawlka

They do say go to a not so popular armour trait location eg gladiator in hews bane and you may get better output as less used just a suggestion

Another suggestion is pay 20k for stack unrefined refine should get at least 1 temper then sell stack on trader for 6 to 8 k stack refined

Good luck either way
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tap a rhythm with your button taps and sync with the refining sound, sometimes double or triple tapping randomly, and then pausing for a beat.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on December 1, 2016 3:09PM
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    If my stack ends with a 0 such as 10,20,30 I usually won't refine. If I have almost a full 200 stack or more, I only refine 120 max. Most times I'll get 2 gold mats then stop and refine the rest later. Otherwise I blow through refining the 13th+ time with a reduced chance so it seems.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I usually just click the button as quickly as I can so I can get onto other things.
    Pc na
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's mostly superstition, but my method:

Do not refine if its crowded.

Refine no more than about 50; stop if no gold mat.

Stop refining as soon as a gold mat is given.

I store less raw ore and spend less time refining it.

I usually get at least one gold mat per day from the three stations this way.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's mostly superstition, but my method:

Do not refine if its crowded.

Refine no more than about 50; stop if no gold mat.

Stop refining as soon as a gold mat is given.

I store less raw ore and spend less time refining it.

I usually get at least one gold mat per day from the three stations this way.

RNG rarely gives two Gold Tempers in row! so agree better to avoid if got one and should also stop after refining 50 or 100.