Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infernal Guardian, ignoring Stealth, Cloak and Line of Sight is breaking PvP!

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This set ignores all LoS and as along you are somewhere nearby, even you are as far as max Snipe range, this set will sniff you out. Let me present some cases:-

Case 1

Was solo-flagging a keep. Got it to 55%, till 3 magplars show up. Before they could reach me, I get off siege and sneak. These guys reach my siege. They set it on fire and throws a few shards around hoping to hit me, but I am a totally different place. Then, all three change sets and equip Internal Guardian and start spamming Annulment. Immediately the ground under lights red and being a vampire magblade, I manage to move away unhit but guess what, even though it says "Hidden" on my side, I am instantly subjected to 2 Soul Assaults and 1 Cheese Beam.

Case 2

Around 30 guys were PvDooring a keep. My small group of 4 arrives sometime before inner FD falls. We decide to flank the guys from stealth, but guess what, 3-4 guys wearing Infernal Guardian spamming shields and even before we reached nearby, we are all revealed. Two of us got Tremorscaled to death by nearby Stam-Sorcs and StamDKs and the other guy got beamed to death. I managed to get it with 2k HP left. But wow, the moment I get in, even before I can move, wondrous balls of fire comes flying in through the door almost magically and finished me. I notice that half of the inner guards are already dead from this stupid set.

People are totally ignoring tactical skills like Magelight and Revealing Flares or even AoEs to use this broken set to easily find all enemies without even doing a single thing. Every zerg seems to have a few exploiters dedicated to shield-spamming with this set to sniff out all opponents. This is getting more and more ridiculously as many players have started keeping a IG set just detect enemies cheaply. As if Cloak was not broken enough already, ZOS had to make this gem.
  •  Schore159
    Schore159
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i noticed the exact same things
    this set is more anoying then all the other proc sets
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive noticed issues with set as well.... ill be INSIDE the inner part of a keep without any of the inner being seiged yet, and a player on the other side of the door will be procing this set and hitting people that are inside the keep
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP was, is, will allways be, broken.

Play a competative game if you want good PVP. Play battlefield. Play Overwatch.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    customer support refuse to say whether this set is bugged or it's a valid nightblade counter, which doesnt make sense as all classes can stealth lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel nice set bro
    PC EU

Options
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    This was reported during PTS, ZOS doesn't care. They will "fix it" at some point (more like break it in some way not even thought of yet) and will have to "fix it again" (example Malubeth).

I feel your frustration but this has been going on now for three years. Some of you may not have been around for that amount of time but this is ZOS standard practice. To expect anything else from them is on you.

So join the dumb meta and proc away. Hell even streamers are doing it now. Just roll your face all over the keyboard, tea bag and "GG" people in salty whispers because your posts will do absolutely nothing to change the dumbness that is coming out of this group.

But hey it sure neat to see flame balls leaping out of someone's ass... William Wallace would be pleased.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After introducing all the counters to the Cloak this set is finally the nail in the coffin for magblades, unless you want to play a weaker version of a sorc ...

Not that this matters much as PvP is already nearly dead anyway (judging by the number in the campaigns on my platform). The only ones really affected are the poor stam classes that have to crap together enough AP to unlock skills like Vigor or War Horn.
    Options
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    Proc set, infernal guardian, destru ulti, lag, fps drops, viper, low lock population and overpopulated tri faction, all these elements are still ruining Cyrodiil.

I hope some instanced PvP as soon as possible.
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think there was 1 proc set this patch that wasn't broken or OP.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug was reported during PTS and surprise surprise it didnt get fixed anyway.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magblades cannot be played on a competitive level with cloak anymore in my opinion.

Pre 1T I had a stealth melee build that worked extremely well in most situations. Now? Not so much.

I don't even slot cloak anymore.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But can you still pull people into keeps? Or kill them through walls? Who needs the pts!
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayum good to see nbs calling for nerfs for a change instead of getting accused of needing nerfs
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it doesnt seek out people dark or invisible if they are out of combat only in combat so if it tracks you after a cloakits working as intended. The through walls thing is failed geometry, all the new helms and ults go through floors as if they didnt exist
    Options
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    it doesnt seek out people dark or invisible if they are out of combat only in combat so if it tracks you after a cloakits working as intended. The through walls thing is failed geometry, all the new helms and ults go through floors as if they didnt exist

9158596.jpg
    Options
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP was, is, will allways be, broken.

Play a competative game if you want good PVP. Play battlefield. Play Overwatch.

Those games you listed are glorified duels. All match based games are. If you want true PVP, hit up Planetside 2. Its the only game where the goals and events are player driven, rather than running around trying to get points to end the match. The 'match' in PS2 has been running for 4 years.
    Options