The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I wish pvp in eso didn't exist.

• outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    The should fix the lag or else erase. Right now it's an embarrassing situation, did these developers actually test this system before releasing it? Ooh... they probably did reset the router right?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I mean, like, PVP is optional. Having said that, we are masochists who keep logging in there every day to endure the same hell. If it was removed I wouldn't feel obliged to go in there at least. OP is onto something.

lol pvp is the actual endgame of eso. pve in this game was merely a tool to lvl, gain skill points, ect things like trials were added only as a bone for pvers who would rather pve then pvp. btw camelot unchained gonna be only pvp.

Camelot Unchained will be RVR only While it will be primarily siege warfare pvp there will be some PVE to do and a very rich PVE world full of lore. There just wont be PVE progression or questing. But there will be PVE creatures for crafting materials and otehr things to do besides killing enemy players.

I think most of us are just hanging in there with ESO while we wait for Camelot Unchained to be finished.

I don't think I'd still be alive for 2080
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is my favorite thing to do in this game. PvE is just too easy, and predictable to keep my interest. With that said, I haven't really been playing ESO much lately for obvious reasons.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poor OP wants some sympathy..

Enjoy your wait
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Best.... troll thread ......... ever
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when Kesmai founder, Kelton Flinn, first proposed PvE in an online game, though it wasn't called that of course.

Everyone at Kesmai was frankly incredulous. Why would ANYONE want to go through all that nonsense you had to endure to get online, not to mention the sheer hourly expense, to fight against an AI? This was back in the '80s but still...

It seems he was onto something though. It did indeed create an online community environment more to his liking...at first.

But it wasn't that different really. In PvP one faction of players fight players from other factions. In PvE players in the same faction and often the same guild fight amongst each other.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Draven147 wrote: »
    Best.... troll thread ......... ever

Shhh lol its still going
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I cant explain why, but ever since week 2 in this game, i started hating on pve. Its only in this game tho. I rly, rly loathe pve here. But I love pvp, its great, except the current state of it (lol)

The sad thing tho, most if not all BiS gear can only be achieved through pve grinding. And when I say grinding, I mean the kinda grind that makes you sick inside.

excatly this is where problem is more then half of the gear is BOP and chances in getting the right set you need is 1-641 chances ...

this is why PVP is slowly dying .. all PVP players are grinding and hating it .. before they were able to go in pve zones buy the pvp gear they need and be done with ... now they need to put up with hours of hours of grinding the same content for a small chance to get item they need , put up with pugs and all the headaches that can come up with .. hell even been kicked out from pugs cos they are not used to some mechanics from dungeons.

Remove the stupid BOP crap , balance the no skill one shot kill proc sets and you will see the PVP come back to its glory days .. when fights were happening on a grand scale where guild of the same alliances were called to arms, when planing and tactics were taking place , when the names of people you feared and respect them for their skills and ability ...instead of now your staying away from noobs who have no skills but just proc sets and when they have 4 vs 1 they kill you and T-bag you .
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why :(
    Beating up npc's wont grow my virtualpenis, so i really need pvp
  • Urai
    Urai
    ✭✭
    There is PVP in this game ??? :o Never noticed, seemed as scripted as everything else.

Zerg gets caught by bigger zerg, zerg runs to shoke point throws a negate, turn around aoe them down...repeat! you can tell/warn people abt it but npc or player...all the same they'll do it over and over again like the past 2 years.

every now and then you'll have a mob that snipes you from hide or an instagib with the proc build but no other surprises to be had. There will be not a single player/mob with a "WOW I was not expecting that" kinda build because everyone runs and does the exact same thing. There is where the proc sets come in, to have some variety blahblah....it ends up the same as when they added vicious death + proxy or way back when meteor got buffed...next update you'll have the mega dot setts with more ground based attacks, run to shoke point throw everything on the ground and they'll step into 10k poison dot a/sec oh with 70% slow ofc....found it a lot harder and rewarding clearing Cradle with lower levels then pvp these days even tho iv'e done nothing but cyro myself last 2 years. It's over, closed book as they say.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    pve is really boring in ESO. I don't get how people stomach it. If I ever get a PVE itch then ill just play Skyrim. or dark souls.

Key question how can you stomach pve in Skyrim or Dark souls? What I always say is people have different taste.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    This is not Skyrim Online.
    Actually, it very much is. Even before ESO was launched the decision was already made to turn it from a more hardcore MMO into a Skyrim Online. When the launch of the game (surprise, surprise) failed, they just doubled down on this goal. Can't blame ZOS for it either, in the end of the day someone has to pay for this very expensive attempt at cloning World of Warcraft's success.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you're getting your wish. On PS4 NA the most popular campaign is very rarely pop locked for all three factions when there used to be a time when the queue could get up to 150-200. Very sad for a game that had an incredible amount of potential with the combat system.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Zergum non zergum cornumbelum et vigor necesaria sunt." [speaks in Colovian dialect with thick Nord accent]
    Edited by Asardes on December 2, 2016 8:38PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |