Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Main story: do I need to finish it to get to veteran?

thalium
thalium
When I reach lvl 50 do I need to finish the main story before getting to veteran? Rather just continue questing for awhile but as a veteran.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    You can finish the main quest when ever you want to. It will scale to your level. You don't need to beat the game to reach vet level.
    Edited by Delimber on December 2, 2016 12:09AM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes don't worry about that.

Personnally I did it properly with my 1st character, then some quests on my second, and on my third level 50 character I never start the storyquests yet, but i can play everywhere, and i'm CP200+ without these quests.
  • thalium
    thalium
    Thank you! On to questing.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need to do this, as stated above, but each quest gives a skill point, and at CP160 they added a blue Truly Supreme glyph, making the reward a little better.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Cavarka
    Cavarka
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't do main story till I was about 110. Just did whatever I felt like doing each day, I still do. Best way to play.