The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nightblade Tricks: First you see me, Now you don't.

heyjrey
heyjrey
✭✭✭
Ambush…the source of my (occasional) PvP anxiety.

When you're playing a stamblade (like I) and fighting for your faction in the Alliance War, you need to even the odds sometimes and gap close using the nightblade's skill, Ambush. Now Ambush, a skill I love using in PvP, always scares me into thinking I'm going to get reported for accidentally gap closing into a keep whenever the person I'm ambushing happens to click the open door button in sync with me pressing my Ambush key.

Immediately after ambushing into a keep, I begin to freak out for a few reasons:
  1. I just entered an enemy keep, alone—on complete accident.
  2. I'm now surrounded by angry enemy players who nine times out of ten I can't escape from.
  3. I begin to think, "omg, I'm gonna get reported for cheating" even though I know ambush is what got me into the keep, and...
  4. I can't fix my problem and save myself because the door behind me that I just Houdini'd through cannot be used by me or my faction since it belongs to the enemy Alliance.

So yeah, is this a thing that will ever get fixed? I personally don't enjoy Ambushing myself into almost always guaranteed deathtraps.
EP Home Faction CP: 800+
Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heyjrey wrote: »

When you're playing a stamblade (like I) and fighting for your faction in the Alliance War, you need to even the odds sometimes and gap close using the nightblade's skill, Ambush. Now Ambush, a skill I love using in PvP, always scares me into thinking I'm going to get reported for accidentally gap closing into a keep whenever the person I'm ambushing happens to click the open door button in sync with me pressing my Ambush key.

Immediately after ambushing into a keep, I begin to freak out for a few reasons:
    2. I'm now surrounded by angry enemy players who nine times out of ten I can't escape from.
    3. I begin to think, "omg, I'm gonna get reported for cheating" even though I know ambush is what got me into the keep, and...
    4. I can't fix my problem and save myself because the door behind me that I just Houdini'd through cannot be used by me or my faction since it belongs to the enemy Alliance.

So yeah, is this a thing that will ever get fixed? I personally don't enjoy Ambushing myself into almost always guaranteed deathtraps.

use of a skill with all of its effects, side effects, glitches are use at your own risk.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

use of a skill with all of its effects, side effects, glitches are use at your own risk.

I guess you're right. Although I do wish I didn't have to worry about Houdini-ing into my own death.
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] I'm now surrounded by angry enemy players who nine times out of ten I can't escape from.

I doubt they're angry really....it just seems that way because they're eager to kill you :p

Gap closers are buggy in general, as I'm reminded every time I've Shield Assaulted a rat. But in Cyrodiil they're really buggy, alas.