The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blazing Shield Templar

Cherryblossom
Cherryblossom
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All

If you can't beat them join them!

So please post your best builds for Blazing shield. Give reasons for your choices.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can beat them. Sometimes not easily. Still it's a more difficult build to run then most people give credit for. You can throw on Plague Doctor and/or Green Pact and just stack as much health as possible and if you're ever caught in the wild alone by a somewhat competent group you'll be stunned, negated, and burned down from range, but in a group you'll be very strong.
    What I've been running lately and found it to be very functional is an adaptation of @duuude9192b14_ESO Regenerator build I use it mostly for PvE tanking but it's built to deal with the troubles most BS Tanks face in PvP, namely poor self healing and insufficient mag regen.
    When I get stunned, negated or for some reason I'm unable to shield I found in the past it's not that difficult for high DPS opponents to burst me down to half health quickly and it's hard to recover that with pitiful self heals (on top of being defiled most of the time).
    5 Plague Doctor (might switch to Green Pact), 5 Orgnums and 2 Troll King on a Nord for ~65k health with Battle Spirit. Mag regen enchants on jewelry and Atronoch for mag regen.
    Now, when I'm burst down below 60% health I get 5k+ health recovery for 10 seconds. I get my shield back up and I don't need to heal because recovery will top me off. This also helps with sustain problems because as my magicka pool gets low I can use Spell Symmetry to turn Health into Magicka. 1-2 casts of Symmetry and my Magicka pool is refilled, my health dips below 60% and the regen starts refilling it.

65k health still gives good shield pops and I've crit as high as 14k (don't know what that guy was wearing) but most of the time the pops are in the 9-11k range. There are BS builds that hit a lot harder, but I can walk through Cyrodiil alone or in a group without having to worry about getting stunned and ranged down as often as I did using a simple max health/no utility BS build.

*edit No vampirism, that'd be silly
    Edited by Sandman929 on November 28, 2016 3:40PM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Well, you can beat them. Sometimes not easily. Still it's a more difficult build to run then most people give credit for. You can throw on Plague Doctor and/or Green Pact and just stack as much health as possible and if you're ever caught in the wild alone by a somewhat competent group you'll be stunned, negated, and burned down from range, but in a group you'll be very strong.
    What I've been running lately and found it to be very functional is an adaptation of @duuude9192b14_ESO Regenerator build I use it mostly for PvE tanking but it's built to deal with the troubles most BS Tanks face in PvP, namely poor self healing and insufficient mag regen.
    When I get stunned, negated or for some reason I'm unable to shield I found in the past it's not that difficult for high DPS opponents to burst me down to half health quickly and it's hard to recover that with pitiful self heals (on top of being defiled most of the time).
    5 Plague Doctor (might switch to Green Pact), 5 Orgnums and 2 Troll King on a Nord for ~65k health with Battle Spirit. Mag regen enchants on jewelry and Atronoch for mag regen.
    Now, when I'm burst down below 60% health I get 5k+ health recovery for 10 seconds. I get my shield back up and I don't need to heal because recovery will top me off. This also helps with sustain problems because as my magicka pool gets low I can use Spell Symmetry to turn Health into Magicka. 1-2 casts of Symmetry and my Magicka pool is refilled, my health dips below 60% and the regen starts refilling it.

65k health still gives good shield pops and I've crit as high as 14k (don't know what that guy was wearing) but most of the time the pops are in the 9-11k range. There are BS builds that hit a lot harder, but I can walk through Cyrodiil alone or in a group without having to worry about getting stunned and ranged down as often as I did using a simple max health/no utility BS build.

@Sandman929 so the Troll King also proc's when you heal yourself? I thought this was only a friendly!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

@Sandman929 so the Troll King also proc's when you heal yourself? I thought this was only a friendly!

It procs on you as well. If you drop below 60% TK gives a big boost to your base health regen and then Orgnums and whatever percentage based health regen boosts are recalculated from your new base. I just make sure to keep extended ritual up and that heal will proc the sets. For most allies, if they're in the Extended Ritual circle, they'll get bumped up to ~2k regen which isn't huge but it's almost a free Vigor for 10 seconds on top of their own self heals and the work that any healers are doing, but for me ~5k Regen is significant healing that can't be defiled with Fasallas or Dark Flare or whatever. The regen is good for staying alive but it's great for using with Spell Symmetry to keep my magicka full and my shields up.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sandman929 Thank you for your time and insight
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No don't join them it's the worst

Or join them and prepare to be laughed at
    Edited by a1i3nz on December 2, 2016 11:03AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929