The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is the best method for acquiring hakeijo essence rune?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
So my understanding is that there are 3 basic ways: Farming in IC sewers (also heard that there are very rare drops in Orsinium??), Purchasing through guild stores (very expensive), and/or crafting writs rewards. The only method I've seriously undertaken is checking out the guild stores, and all that I've checked do not have this rune at all (must have visited about 15 over the weekend). Since my play time is a bit limited these days, I was wondering how I could acquire a few in a reasonable amount of time. Though I am a bit intrigued by chasing after those scamps in the sewers.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of anyone getting one in Orsinium or in writ rewards. I'm inclined to say those are just rumors. You can get them from rare scamps in the sewers or the Molag Bal fight in the center or you can just buy them for Tel Var directly. The easiest way is just to go to guild traders. Those in the busiest areas should have plenty of these. (Rawl'kha on PC/NA)
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Easiest way is buy for TVS IC is dead so you're rarely troubled
    Can average 1 per half hour max
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try to get Hakeijo from Molag Bal fight in center of sewers. If you die and lose half your Tel Var stones, just bank them when you release back to safe area. If you don't die, just port back to base using Sigil of Retreat and bank all 100% of your stones. Maybe you even got a Hakeijo from Molag Bal! You will earn a decent amount of Tel Var just making your way to center of sewers and even more if you succeed in Molag Bal fight. So best case scenario is a Hakeijo drop, worst case is you start banking a lot of Tel Var and can afford to just buy from merchant in sewers.

I have never, ever, ever heard of a Hakeijo from Orsinium or writs. They seem to be an IC-only item. Although, of course, people can acquire in IC and put on sale at a guild trader outside IC.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Orsinium one I heard was just from heavy sacks, but I never found any. Easiest way for me is just the Tel Var merchant at the sewer base.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs never drop Hakeijo. Heavy sacks have a very small chance of them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one this weekend (realized I was missing the craft prismatic achievement). Three of the five traders in Rawl'kha had them in stock (NA/PC).
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy with Tel Var is the 100% way to get them.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just buy them, it's far quicker and easier than getting them yourself.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Thanks for all the info, everyone.
    I'm thinking it would be interesting to see a rough equivalent of gold to Tel Var stones. So the choice (if expediency is the main factor) is to either buy from Guild trader in Rawl-Kha, or buy with Tel Var stones in IC. The value of TV stones compared to gold is an interesting consideration.
    I'm wondering if ZOS has ever considered creating an exchange between these 2 currencies. Is that a terrible idea???
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sewer runs are the easiest, get a decent route and you can bank as you go. Just depends on how much you are willing to gamble, in respect to your route.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Create a Mag NB, and level it to level 10
    2. Get Blade of Woe
    3. Enter IC in a Non Vet Campaign
    4. Go to the districts and sneak up behind NPCs and slice their throats with Blade of Woe

To make grinding stones faster
    1. Make sure all the flags in IC are controlled by your alliance ( you get more stones per kill )
    2. Carry 10k stones on you at all times. However, be very cautious of your surroundings

When you are done buy the Hakeijo Runes in IC with your stones.

I can get around 5k stones ( 1 Hakeijo ) every 30 minutes.

Edited by vamp_emily on November 30, 2016 4:44PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    1. Create a Mag NB, and level it to level 10
    2. Get Blade of Woe
    3. Enter IC in a Non Vet Campaign
    4. Go to the districts and sneak up behind NPCs and slice their throats with Blade of Woe

To make grinding stones faster
    1. Make sure all the flags in IC are controlled by your alliance ( you get more stones per kill )
    2. Carry 10k stones on you at all times. However, be very cautious of your surroundings

When you are done buy the Hakeijo Runes in IC with your stones.

I can get around 5k stones ( 1 Hakeijo ) every 30 minutes.

Now that's creative thinking! I think I'll try the first option. With #2, I don't have anywhere near 10K, and if I did, the despair of losing them in a chance encounter would force me to wander the wilderness of Tamriel in sackcloth and ashes!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    Now that's creative thinking! I think I'll try the first option. With #2, I don't have anywhere near 10K, and if I did, the despair of losing them in a chance encounter would force me to wander the wilderness of Tamriel in sackcloth and ashes!

Well being in a non-vet campaign with a mag NB increases your survive-ability . I've lost 5k stones a few times, but most the time is because I have a hard time turning down a fight. if I see someone I tend to want to attack and then loose the stones.

It could be safer just carrying 1k stones for the 3x bonus, but I like to be a little risky :)

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know that I have ever had 5k of TV stones. Never even knew what was behind the 1x, 2x, 3x thing - just goes to show how much time I spend in IC.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , was there a reason why you specified a lvl 10 NB? I understand the NB part, for stealth, but why lvl 10? The reason I ask is that I have a lvl 20 NB tucked away that I haven't played in a long, long time, and I was thinking of pulling this khajit assassin out to try your techniques.

Oh, and why magicka rather than stamina?
    Edited by Caroloces on December 1, 2016 1:15PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am doing around 100k per hour tel vars easily. Go to IC with 10k tel vars and all districts controlled by Your alliance and fight district boss alone. That kind of fight takes me around 2 minutes and I get 14,3 k tel vars ! I dont reccomend bosses in Memorial and Elven gardens districts because tose take too much time and can one-shot You if You loose focus for 2 seconds but other bosses are very easy to slice. Only problem that can stand on Your way to grind 100k tel vars per hour or even more are gankers. Reccomended solution is using sigils after each fight so You can store that 14,3k tel vars right after the fight.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 1, 2016 1:16PM
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I am doing around 100k per hour tel vars easily. Go to IC with 10k tel vars and all districts controlled by Your alliance and fight district boss alone. That kind of fight takes me around 2 minutes and I get 14,3 k tel vars ! I dont reccomend bosses in Memorial and Elven gardens districts because tose take too much time and can one-shot You if You loose focus for 2 seconds but other bosses are very easy to slice. Only problem that can stand on Your way to grind 100k tel vars per hour or even more are gankers. Reccomended solution is using sigils after each fight so You can store that 14,3k tel vars right after the fight.

Have those bosses been nerfed? I seem to recall from early days in IC that those bosses were very, very tough and I couldn't imagine soloing them.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , was there a reason why you specified a lvl 10 NB? I understand the NB part, for stealth, but why lvl 10? The reason I ask is that I have a lvl 20 NB tucked away that I haven't played in a long, long time, and I was thinking of pulling this khajit assassin out to try your techniques.

@Caroless the reason is You cant go into IC before You get lv 10 and OP asked about the fastest way to get hakeijo so all You need in this case is grinding up lv 10+ nb.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well it was my assumption that people looking for Hakeijo were Vet characters. If your soul purpose is to get stones, I recommend doing it in an empty or non-vet campaign. You want to avoid conflict as much as possible. Level 20 is completely fine ( even better ), I was just using a level 10 as an example. The reason why I prefer Non-vet campaigns, is because in vet campaigns there are stronger players and there is a good chance you may die if someone finds you.

I found it best to be a Mag NB, because I can use cloak and double take to travel undetected. I've played with my stam NB but i tend to run out of mag at the wrong times.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have those bosses been nerfed? I seem to recall from early days in IC that those bosses were very, very tough and I couldn't imagine soloing them.

Yes, they have been nerfed. I remember going to IC in the beginning and just dying. Now, it really isn't that hard to kill a group of mobs solo. Just watch out for the one mob that lays down the red circle. My friend tends to die all the time just standing in it :)

Edited by vamp_emily on December 1, 2016 11:04PM

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Huh. Guess I'm going to have to try some of the other bosses then. I decided to try soloing a couple of them to see if I could do it and figure out if it was worth doing for stone farming, but I'm pretty sure that the two I tried were in Memorial and Elven Gardens. Ended up getting killed both times fairly quickly, so I just chalked them all up as being group only. :p
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."