The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hard as a brick tank PvP build needed

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
...yes yes I know I'm also looking for a hard hitting Khajit NB build in my other thread. But what currently rocks in the world of tanks? I've heard theres a few sick DK tanks that are unkillable? How? LOL :)
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP tanks are unkillable because no logical player would bother to attack a harmless opponent . I remember one time a Magicka Templar (malubeth + reactive + transmutation) was trying to kill us (we were 3 in IC sewers) and we were totally ignoring him and continued to farm tel var . Tried to taunt us with whispers and emotes lol .

Play something that is annoying and/or useful . Don't bother with playing a useless brick . I play a tank but I am not unkillable . I do things . Talons for AOE root , banner for AOE major defile , warhorn for max stat boost , igneous shield to protect them from crit damage , guard the healer and lots of other stuff . Being an useless unkillable brick is not something your group want unless you are fighting against people who never played an MMO before .
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    PvP tanks are unkillable because no logical player would bother to attack a harmless opponent . I remember one time a Magicka Templar (malubeth + reactive + transmutation) was trying to kill us (we were 3 in IC sewers) and we were totally ignoring him and continued to farm tel var . Tried to taunt us with whispers and emotes lol .

Play something that is annoying and/or useful . Don't bother with playing a useless brick . I play a tank but I am not unkillable . I do things . Talons for AOE root , banner for AOE major defile , warhorn for max stat boost , igneous shield to protect them from crit damage , guard the healer and lots of other stuff . Being an useless unkillable brick is not something your group want unless you are fighting against people who never played an MMO before .

haha touche and quite true indeed! i figured starting out as unkillable as i have little experience of tanking. (my templar healer is very very survivable - she doesn't do a great deal of damage but wow she is fun to play and VERY difficult to kill). I figured "start at the boring safe version then maybe try to add a little damage in once i'm used to the class". I know that true tanking is quite a skill in itself and that is something i'd love to get into :)
    Edited by Bam_Bam on December 1, 2016 1:28AM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still be useful and do little damage as a dk. Talons debuffs and roots, you can chain people for easy pickings and you can reflect 4 projectiles while you body block. Not enough tanks body block.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this one EP DK on NA/PC.... great guy with an untouchable tank. I don't know how he does it, but I keep telling him he needs to rename to Metapod Used Harden. Because that's exactly what it feels like I'm fighting. I can wreck scrubs, but against him I might as well be walking into Viridian Forest sporting a level 3 Rattata coming across a level 8 Metapod. I'm sure we all know exactly what that entails.

Point is, while 10 players can't kill him, he can't kill one either. At best he is a portable ult-generator. In a way he actually helps us more than his faction, if you can yell loud enough at the pugs to ignore him.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    No one is unkillable.. 3 or 4 guys is enough to kill those tanks, but they cant do any dmg at all..

No one is safe from ultra proc builds B)B)B)
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    No one is unkillable.. 3 or 4 guys is enough to kill those tanks, but they cant do any dmg at all..

No one is safe from ultra proc builds B)B)B)

They are on non-CP campaign ;)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Elk512
    Elk512
    Here is an interesting pvp tank build that appears pretty useful.

FENG RUSH Sorc Tank Build - [ Dragon Disruptor ]
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    I know this one EP DK on NA/PC.... great guy with an untouchable tank. I don't know how he does it, but I keep telling him he needs to rename to Metapod Used Harden. Because that's exactly what it feels like I'm fighting. I can wreck scrubs, but against him I might as well be walking into Viridian Forest sporting a level 3 Rattata coming across a level 8 Metapod. I'm sure we all know exactly what that entails.

Point is, while 10 players can't kill him, he can't kill one either. At best he is a portable ult-generator. In a way he actually helps us more than his faction, if you can yell loud enough at the pugs to ignore him.

This^ made my day!