Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Public Default Group

Zuzmaw
Zuzmaw
Soul Shriven
So I join the campaign and at times, I see zone chat littered with lfg, lfg, lfg, even though there's 20-40 players on a battlefield. It reminds me of Wintergrasp in WoW before a default group system had been established, and you would have 2-3 different raid groups and stragglers.

How about implementing a default group you can join and leave? This would help bring players together and focus on an objective.

Private groups will still be available,
You solo-gankers can still hide under the bridge, etc
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe group finder also works for Cyrodiil groups. Thing is does anyone use it?

But for the most part it's the same as always, people just play with their guilds and friends.
  • Zuzmaw
    Zuzmaw
    Soul Shriven
    Well I mean like a default group that you automatically join once your character enters the campaign.
    and then you have the choice to leave/form your own or rejoin through the alliance menu. It would just help with coordination.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zuzmaw wrote: »
    Well I mean like a default group that you automatically join once your character enters the campaign.
    and then you have the choice to leave/form your own or rejoin through the alliance menu. It would just help with coordination.

They already exist. It's called Pact Militia. HahahhaSCIPIOhahahhaha.

tumblr_mtckn8aWm81siaxmlo1_500.gif
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many people joining and leaving would be bothersome. But as someone said, I also believe there is a Cyro group finder. I just don't think anyone wants to use it, or maybe even know about it. I'm sure those that lead groups of random people don't use it to pick up players either. Perhaps ZoS can make it more known somehow?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There already enough mechanics that favour stacking up as many players as possible instead of spreading out and using the whole map. I guess one big default groups would encourage that even more. But if you would create default groups of e.g. 8 or 12 players at maximum and maybe give a different target as quest to each default group, it could be a nice addition.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG who would be leading this merry band of x-men

I would certainly not want to take 24 strangers and try to move them from one objective to another. Don't get me wrong there are some really great players who take on this insurmountable challenge and manage very well. I just am not one of them.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already enough mechanics that favour stacking up as many players as possible instead of spreading out and using the whole map. I guess one big default groups would encourage that even more. But if you would create default groups of e.g. 8 or 12 players at maximum and maybe give a different target as quest to each default group, it could be a nice addition.

I gotta say that's a pretty darn good idea. Like a group daily or something for a huge AP payoff? Just think someone, somehow, would find a way to abuse it =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good in theory. But I have noticed the game gets wonky when the group gets above 20 to 25 people. Now most of what I noticed was in Wrothgar which has it's own issues over time so that could be some or most of the reason.

I think the main issue is the game just can't handle groups above a certain size.

Which is also why there are PvP Centric Guilds out there, for just the reasons you want a default group. The issue then is finding a PvP guild that is active when you are typically active.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The grouping tool just needs a redo as far as the UI is concerned. Someone posted in another thread how they would want it to look, and that was how WoW does it. Honestly you can't get better than that. The random group tool is fine, but that shouldn't be the only thing. Add a custom group maker with its own UI panel.