The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Farewell magblade

Stoopid_Nwah
Stoopid_Nwah
✭✭✭✭
I was adamant that I would never switch my magblade to stam, but today I did it and I am never looking back. Things that I have discovered and love about stamina:
  1. I don't have to keep reloading my ui every few minutes due to the destro staff freezes/stutters after each kill
  2. I don't have to mess around with the clunkiness that is merciless resolve so my rotation feels easier
  3. I don't have to watch my character look like he's having a seizure when I try to animation cancel with swallow soul, instead it actually feels smooth
  4. More testing needs to be done obviously, but I feel like I'm pulling higher numbers and I've only had a day of practice with it
  5. I love that I don't have to rely on an assassin's will proc/meteor combo to burst and finish people in duels
  6. It's great not worrying about my skills being reflected back at my face
  7. I have so many weapons to choose from!
  8. No more maelstrom! (I have bis stam weapons already from maelstrom whereas I only have the precise inferno)...
  9. The destro ult still does an insane amount of damage, I equipped it instead of a bow and tested it out...melts people (this seriously should be looked at)
  10. Perhaps it's the newness, but I am thoroughly amused with eternal hunt
So on to my question...what's the point of magblade if stam does it all better? At this point, the only thing I miss is my shield.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An we lost another

A moment of silence

RIP
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "He has travelled the six worlds"
    "Do his eyes remain in this transient world?"
    "The path he followed, he chose not"
    "Now he floats higher than any shadow"

^thought that would be fitting :)

Yeah, StamBlades are very strong and are better suited for ganks and soloplay whereas MagBlades are more versatile and have a bit better survivability and group play options. The rotation on a StamBlade is a bit harder to pull off, but they're capable of doing more DPS than MagBlade
    Edited by Tryxus on December 1, 2016 12:20AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've switched back and forth between the two along with melee magblade over the years. And yea stamina nightblade is alot more user friendly. It feels like a brute though. Where magblade is alot more graceful lol. It hits graceful too though, sadly.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought "good bye" threads weren't allowed on the forums?
    biggrin.gif
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] I don't have to mess around with the clunkiness that is merciless resolve so my rotation feels easier
    [*] I don't have to watch my character look like he's having a seizure when I try to animation cancel with swallow soul, instead it actually feels smooth
    [*] I love that I don't have to rely on an assassin's will proc/meteor combo to burst and finish people in duels
    I say that to people everytime, weaving with swallow soul is just WRONG, every other skills weave fine, i dont know if its because i play with 280-320 latency but lot of the times i catch myself just firing swallow while my toon does a "back and forth" strange animation so merciless a lot of the times isnt available.

Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    biggrin.gif

I think he found an exception , as painful as it is to the rest of us holding onto the dream .
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggrin.gif

I think he found an exception , as painful as it is to the rest of us holding onto the dream .

Yup, still holding up hope for the next update to be generous to the MagBlades :p So that our dreams can be made real ;)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] I don't have to mess around with the clunkiness that is merciless resolve so my rotation feels easier
    [*] I don't have to watch my character look like he's having a seizure when I try to animation cancel with swallow soul, instead it actually feels smooth
    [*] I love that I don't have to rely on an assassin's will proc/meteor combo to burst and finish people in duels
    I say that to people everytime, weaving with swallow soul is just WRONG, every other skills weave fine, i dont know if its because i play with 280-320 latency but lot of the times i catch myself just firing swallow while my toon does a "back and forth" strange animation so merciless a lot of the times isnt available.

Lol you have to wait for the swallow soul animation to end before doing your next light attack and wait for the light attack to leave the staff before casting swallow soul. It's so stupid, It's so much better with force pulse.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    biggrin.gif

Yup, still holding up hope for the next update to be generous to the MagBlades :p So that our dreams can be made real ;)
    :lol: If the next update is generous I'll for sure switch back; I've played the class since launch so it was pretty difficult to bite the bullet and change over to stam, but I have just been all sorts of frustrated. Most of it coming from the mini stutters and issues with merciless/weaving swallow soul. Who knows, maybe if I were to switch back and use force pulse again I wouldn't have so many lag issues, I just am not a fan of getting my hopes up lol.

The final straw though? When I made a holiday build for December with winterborn dyed red and green to use my sharpened vma ice staff (a lot like blobskys build but with my own twists)--went to fight a group of 3 players taking a resource and killed the first one while the other two procced 20k damage from viper and tremorscale on me. If they were gankers I wouldn't have minded, but all of this insta damage from tanky heavy armor users is crazy. Even with shields, light armor was just too much a struggle for me in pvp.
    Edited by Stoopid_Nwah on December 1, 2016 1:36AM
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    stamina is way better in pvp but for pve i dont mind a magblade mainly their unlimited cloak
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    and I made 2 more magblades

worst state then mDK in PvP
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    biggrin.gif

Tryxus, wai you do dis? Do you wanna hurt me? :(

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'( so sad

*even though mine is demoted to PvE now
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on December 1, 2016 10:22AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much all valid points. You'll be wishing you had shields in time, though..
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Been looking at building a Magblade since my fat argonian cooking toon is a Nightblade.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Pretty much all valid points. You'll be wishing you had shields in time, though..
    Oh for sure, I already do wish I had shields. I'm still getting used to the fact that I can roll dodge more than once and adjusting to using los, vigor, etc. In pve, I'm noticing higher damage, but I doubt I'll be soloing the vet dungeons like I was when I was magicka based. I'll probably just use my nightblade for pvp and my sorc or mdk for solo pve tbh.

And for anyone who is making more magblades or changing their current nb to magicka, I can easily say I feel like they are the most versatile and fun class and by far my favourite class; I just couldn't deal with the frustration anymore from the lag and clunky rotations in pve and the fact that their "special" defense skill is almost entirely unreliable in pvp. It was not an easy decision to switch.