The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just thought this strange recently

Mike0987
Mike0987
✭✭✭
On PS4, nn several occasions this week there have been multiple people selling over 10,000 elegant lining for dirt cheap. One guy even claimed to have over 40.000. Not sure what you read into this but it seems like a duplication so I turned them down on their offer for dirt cheap elegant lining.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were going to duplicate something, why in the hell would waste it on elegant lining?
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know, just seemed odd. Ive done a ton of farming mats and at most Ive ever had was around 1.5k of it. Maybe they bought it and are now selling it for cheap... lol, ya right...
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    Dont know, just seemed odd. Ive done a ton of farming mats and at most Ive ever had was around 1.5k of it. Maybe they bought it and are now selling it for cheap... lol, ya right...

I've had an influx of mats since one tamriel, because I was 24/7 farming and deconstructing everything to try and keep my inventory clean. Perhaps they already had a large amount stored up over time, and have been deconstructing like I have.
    Unless you see someone dropping 50 ice comets in a row, or flying across the map, it's not very fair to assume they are cheating the game just because they have a lot of elegant lining
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are Chinese farmers everywhere, not the legit farming kind, im talking about the multi-boxing kind. There are tons of them trying to sell gold to players for real life money. Gold is harder to farm but the easiest material to farm in game is leather. So elegant lining and wax is how they get gold. BEWARE.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are Chinese farmers everywhere, not the legit farming kind, im talking about the multi-boxing kind. There are tons of them trying to sell gold to players for real life money. Gold is harder to farm but the easiest material to farm in game is leather. So elegant lining and wax is how they get gold. BEWARE.

Absolutely this. I was wandering through a certain zone the other day and saw a swarm of players perma-casting inferno staff heavy attacks on leather-dropping mobs. It was absolutely ridiculous...
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have over 10k in purples, it's not hard to get and I haven't made any new sets for about a year.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they ran a lot of vet dungeons and deconned all the loot, maybe they have 8+ characters with hirelings. What's a bit odd is that you noticed several people doing it and that they wanted to sell cheap.
    PC | EU
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    And another just recently selling several thousand wax who over the last few weeks has 'restocked' 2-3 times a week. Since on several occasions he has sold 100,000+ rubedo leather I can only guess he has found a way to duplicate scraps.