The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crate mount drop chance?

BloodMagicLord
BloodMagicLord
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have an idea as to what the drop chance is for the mounts/rare items/whatever in these crown crates?
Just want to have a general idea of how much cash we're expected to throw at ZOS to get one of these atro mounts.
PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it was tested on the PTS, I believe it was calculated that at least 33k crowns were needed for an astro mount. We don't know what changes have been made to the drop rates on live now and many are reluctant to test it ofc
    PC/EU DC
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it was tested on the PTS, I believe it was calculated that at least 33k crowns were needed for an astro mount. We don't know what changes have been made to the drop rates on live now and many are reluctant to test it ofc

LOL
    Anyone have a link to the test, assuming it was put in a thread or something.
    That's bloody insane if its gonna be that bad xD
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, cheers mate. Should be interesting :p
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were so many tests and threads made with hundreds of pages I wouldn't know where to start to find the quote, but yes the drop rates were so insane there was a huge backlash over it
    PC/EU DC
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were so many tests and threads made with hundreds of pages I wouldn't know where to start to find the quote, but yes the drop rates were so insane there was a huge backlash over it

Fair enough.
    The crown store used to be a pretty good thing imo but the $enche mount was a sign of things to come, like £20 for a mount... yeah it was a cool mount but Jesus, its almost as expensive as the game. I said when it came out that it looked like a bit of a test to see what they could get away with, and yeah since then its gradually got worse with steadily more expensive items, crown store exclusive style motifs and now we have this RNG crate thing which is starting to look pretty ridiculous.

I'm all for some microtransactions to raise extra money but there is a line that should not be crossed if you want to seem respectful to your customers, and I think crossing into RNG microtransactions is a big step over that line.
    I'll always have people coming back with "yeah but its all just optional cosmetics", but its the trend that I'm worried about. Basically I just don't want it to end up like another Black Desert Online.
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    I got my Storm Atronach Wolf mount in my 4th crate and a Black Mane Lion mount in my first.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the topic with drop rate research from the PTS: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/292572/crown-crate-drop-rate-research-final-results/p1

The chance of getting an Apex mount as a drop was approximately 0.25%, based on 731 crates opened.

They may or may not have changed the drop rate when crates were actually released, we won't know until we get data on the drop rates.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    My total $329.00 spent (bulk purchased while crowns were on sale)
    3 APEX mounts (from card pulls)
    A slew of the lower than APEX items... think I am only missing one item from below APEX level
    1100 gems still on hand
    about 900 in gems tied in things I wanted to keep (high value XP scrolls, rider training etc.)

The simple fact is the way you get the best value is to go big. You need to fill the lower slots and then every pull becomes gems. I am currently averaging 5.6 cents per gem because I have nearly everything in this pack.

I completely realize that is a crazy amount of $$ to spend but I wanted to test the drop rate and I knew that once I filled the slots, I would get mostly gems.... I am now set for the next 2-3+ future events, where I would be struggling to get specific items from future packs unless I spent a large amount once... now I can pick and choose what I want without needing to spend again for some time.

• DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have an idea as to what the drop chance is for the mounts/rare items/whatever in these crown crates?
    Just want to have a general idea of how much cash we're expected to throw at ZOS to get one of these atro mounts.

From pts someone had made a pie chart stating aphex rewards where at around 1%. But as I didn't make the charti cannot say its accurate. But id easily believe it too be true based on the amount of complaints coming from in game and here on the forums.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭

From pts someone had made a pie chart stating aphex rewards where at around 1%. But as I didn't make the charti cannot say its accurate. But id easily believe it too be true based on the amount of complaints coming from in game and here on the forums.

As far as gem conversion though, your looking at 150$ at least. This is based on my own experience with crates as well as many others. I spent 7500 crowns 50-60 dollars had got 116 gems out of 400 needed for an afro mount.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I opened 15 crates and got senche and horse, plus guar and red pit wolf

Guess I was lucky

Second set of crates dint get any mounts at all

Not so lucky
    Edited by Suter1972 on December 5, 2016 6:46PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • LucidxNightmare
    Okay, I bit and tested the crates even though I didn't plan on it. I bought 12 crates. Notable items were;
    1. Two pets (lizard & Black Mask Bear-Dog Pet)
    2. Several costumes (Soul-Shriven Leather, Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing,
      Battlemage Scout, Battlemage Palatine, Brilliance Brocade Robes) maybe 1 more, not sure.
    3. Grand experience scroll (traded for gems (33 I think) because I didn't want it)
    4. Atro Guar mount

Of course there were several consumables I got that I traded for gems and was able to get two hats with (Fibonaccus, "Clever Man".) If I were to buy everything in the crown store I would of paid a lot more even excluding the mount. To be honest I wasn't even trying to get a mount as I don't care much for the atro style. Overall I had a positive experience and came out ahead. I might buy 10-12 more when they cycle in the new ones. Personally I don't care if they keep the crates or not, I wish they would focus on fixing the technical issues that are plaguing the game.
    Edited by LucidxNightmare on December 6, 2016 1:06AM