The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finding Vorundil

Jegpeg
Jegpeg
I recently noticed that Vampirism was listed as one of my Active effects. I had been fighting some Blood Fiends so guessed one must have bitten me, so I thought I would try vampirism out.
The problem is I can't find Vorundil, having looked all over Rawl'Kha, Riften and Evermore (I might have missed him but I had no quest marker) I asked if anyone knew where to find him. I was advised on the Road South out of Rawl Kha, neear Fort Spinxmoth and near Riften Stables, I can't find him at any of those. I have tried several times with logout out and back in. I am now wondering if I need to do something else to get vampirism or if I have come across a bug.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried traveling by Wayshrine yet? Or at least going to visit a Wayshrine? Probably not necessary, but more a Role thing, try one that is out of the way or at least not in Rawkla....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also ran into this today; I wayshrined to Bankorai, Riften AND Rawl'ka and couldn't find him. If he's there he's very well hidden, but I'm inclined to think he's bugged.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to go to your home faction to find him.

For DC he is near one of the wayshrines outside the capital city in Bangkorai.

For AD he is standing at the arch leading out of Rawl'Kh. (Going west out of town near the bank)

Can't remember for EP.

But just fast travel to those respective wayshrines and you should be able to find him.

Those are the locations I found him.
    Edited by Delimber on December 1, 2016 1:18PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    The quest npc Vorundil will appear at any faction but to progress it you have to go and do it on your own faction instead.
    If you have the "Vampirism(Bats picture and such in your active effects)" He will appear at Rawlkha(either near the stables/woodworking station/bridge), Bangkorai (most notable outside Evermore wayshrine), and I have no idea on The Rift since I don't venture in the Pact. :)
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't find him either. A DC character bit my AD char at the DC shrine. I couldn't pick up the scroll there, so I went back to Rawl'kha and rode around to all the places mentioned. I ported to Ft. Sphinxmoth, then back to Rawl. Logged out and back in. Still haven't seen him. I will try again later and hope he pops up.
    Edited by Blud on June 17, 2017 5:41AM
  • arovael
    arovael
    ✭✭
    EP: I found him in Riften, standing under a lantern past the south-eastern exit. There should be a blue quest marker above his head.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for necroing the thread, but had the same challenge today. @Karacule_Fairystar's tip helped me to find him in Rawl'kha.

Just wanted to share a screenshot for where I found him chilling around, on an AD character, if others are looking for him too.

Southern entrance of Rawl'kha.
    eKE2Iwa.jpg
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn