The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Botting Locations (PC-NA)

Caligamy_ESO
Caligamy_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Tons of us have been reporting them, we've gone back hours, days, even weeks later and they still persist unimpeded. This is just one of many locations I am personally aware of botting running rampant in ESO.

These characters run single file, turning on a dime in a predesignated path spamming the same skills over and over again. They've been running at least two weeks collecting leather. The following images were taken right now (1:05 pm PDT) on PC-NA.
Alik'r Desert - Tears of the Dishonored
t9vILHb.jpg
LouBxqb.jpg

Do you know of other locations? Post a screenshot of it to raise ZOS awareness of this ongoing problem, and remember no naming and shaming.
Edited by Caligamy_ESO on December 11, 2016 2:32AM
love is love
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bangkorai botting, same scenario. Players running single file turning on a dime one after the other killing bears & mudcrabs while ignoring all gathering nodes and attempts to communicate.

This camp has been botted since One Tamriel release that I know of. (PC-NA)
    Bangkorai - Fallen Grotto
    l3gRCKz.jpg
    5xfkzPj.jpg
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on November 30, 2016 9:40PM
    love is love
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    How about the Skeever bots in Rivenspire?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bear and wolf bots in Shattered Grove, Auridon.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gave up reporting bots. I provided video, locations, filed tickets... a month later the boys were still there. Sometimes ZOS takes action right away and other times things slip through the cracks.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I even collected all of the mobs in these areas and pulled them down the hill a ways and held them there for a few minutes to test these guys. They continue on with running their loops on the same exact jagged paths and are oblivious to me holding 10-15 mobs on me within plain sight.
    love is love
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druegh bots at Vivec's Antlers last night on XBox.

XBox NA
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the previous botting locations posted here 10 days ago are still running their loops.

Rivenspire - Lorkata Hills
    8VN8TLC.jpg
    rLSqaoa.jpg
    What astounds me the most about this one was the Dwemer Sphere pet following one of these bots, so its not like this is a newly created account doing this...

What is ZOS doing to combat the botting problem? Is there any point to try playing legitimately or competitively when this is literally going on in over half of the games maps?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    love is love
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bots mostly bother me because I want to farm these locations to get some dreugh wax to finish up some gear, but they're already there and it annoys me.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    9 MONTHS LATER....

6wjbkMc.jpg

Yeah.. but lets all act surprised and "investigate" when a guild trader suddenly has 2000 dreugh wax from one person along with 1000's of other materials.
    love is love