The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stealth Nerf to Tears

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Ahem,
    HE'S TALKING ABOUT A NERF TO THE TEAR OF LORKHAN!

It wasn't a stealth nerf, they announced the alchemy satchels coming to IC.

And when you put something like Stealth nerf to tears, its sounds like stealth is being nerfed to tears.

So.... learn to title. And no one cares about solvents.

I'm fully aware that they announced satchels, however, what they didn't announce was that they were reducing the number of drops of these as a result.

Nah, if I'd have said "stealth nerfed to tears" then I would've understood if someone got that impression.

So... learn to past participle

Sorry but that title is terrible, and the whole post is really meaningless. Solvents can be obtained anywhere. So while you may not find as many in the sewers, you could just pick them up with your other characters.

Value is subjective. If I have an issue with how ZOS stealth nerfs something then I should be able to express that. Sure, it's not a big issue as I'll just have to buy them now to offset the loss but it's still caused me an inconvenience which in my opinion was unnecessary.

No you don't - you just have to go farm them for a tiny bit longer. This is HARDLY a game breaker.
    My playing time is limited and I like to do things that I enjoy whilst playing, that does not include farming. Whilst I do concede that this is my decision; logging on, taking hireling mails, deconstructing items to level that character's skills and doing a sweep of the base was a very quick way to sustain my solvent usage without spending gold.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahem,

And when you put something like Stealth nerf to tears, its sounds like stealth is being nerfed to tears.

I'm fully aware that they announced satchels, however, what they didn't announce was that they were reducing the number of drops of these as a result.

Nah, if I'd have said "stealth nerfed to tears" then I would've understood if someone got that impression.

Sorry but that title is terrible, and the whole post is really meaningless. Solvents can be obtained anywhere. So while you may not find as many in the sewers, you could just pick them up with your other characters.

Value is subjective. If I have an issue with how ZOS stealth nerfs something then I should be able to express that. Sure, it's not a big issue as I'll just have to buy them now to offset the loss but it's still caused me an inconvenience which in my opinion was unnecessary.

No you don't - you just have to go farm them for a tiny bit longer. This is HARDLY a game breaker.
    My playing time is limited and I like to do things that I enjoy whilst playing, that does not include farming. Whilst I do concede that this is my decision; logging on, taking hireling mails, deconstructing items to level that character's skills and doing a sweep of the base was a very quick way to sustain my solvent usage without spending gold.

If you are gathering gear for a character you will easily run across tons of solvents. Many more than what was in the base.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went on a shopping spree way back when prices dropped. Have 4.5k lorkhan's tears in inventory. What was I thinking?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahem,

If you are gathering gear for a character you will easily run across tons of solvents. Many more than what was in the base.

I appreciate the advice but I'm not.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    I went on a shopping spree way back when prices dropped. Have 4.5k lorkhan's tears in inventory. What was I thinking?
    Give them to me.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahem,

I'm sorry I thought you stated you were deconstructing gear, so I assumed you were gathering gear from somewhere.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I used to log in on a character twice a day who was based in Imperial City so I had easy access to three crafting tables for deconstruction and I would also do a sweep of the base each time to get Lorkan's Tears. I would get 5-6 from each container that contained it which netted me 40-50 each day and allowed me to make ~175 potions for very minimal effort.

Now that they've been nerfed I'll only be able to make ~75 potions.

It's literally game breaking.

I guess that they decided that you need to put in a little more effort...

You seriously use 175 potions a night?

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... he's serious!?

If he's serious and only 50 solvents or wuteva for 50 potions?

Well brudda I got news for you!

There's perks where you can make 4 potions per solvent! So boom! Your 50 just became 200

You're welcome
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahem,

I'm sorry I thought you stated you were deconstructing gear, so I assumed you were gathering gear from somewhere.

Ah okay. Yeah from vMA, PvP and pledges so not just making use of the terrible drops to level another character's up.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other news: "Proc Armor Nerf Sets!"