The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ZOS are we going to get some BETTER crafted sets in the near future?

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

everyone knows now, that most of the crafted sets (not all of them, but most of them) are being outperformed by the new dropped sets now. So I have two questions:

1. will we get some new crafted sets in the near future, that will make crafting great again??

2. will we ever get an option to re-craft an existing set to an another motif?

actually 3 :smiley: : will we ever get a re-trait option to change a trait of a dropped or crafted set??

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Yes, with the new dlc.

2: i'd say yes, eventually, gated by the crown store probably

3: i wouldn't count with it. Unless zos manages to balance every trait to an equally desirable level i don't see it happening.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a 5 per week re-trait cool down timer or something would be really cool. I also think that only master level crafter should have this ability.

The cool down would be a great way to still keep people grinding and the master crafter only would limit the player base that can acomplish the task.

Would also be a great way for crafters to insert themselves into the economy further. It would also be a good reward for finally getting all the traits unlocked.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I think a 5 per week re-trait cool down timer or something would be really cool. I also think that only master level crafter should have this ability.

The cool down would be a great way to still keep people grinding and the master crafter only would limit the player base that can acomplish the task.

Would also be a great way for crafters to insert themselves into the economy further. It would also be a good reward for finally getting all the traits unlocked.

Not sure about the whole re-trait thing... I think ZoS just needs to take a serious look into the current traits and adjust them to be more desirable/viable in the game - and to adjust RNG to limit the amount of traits that come up on end game gear..

I do agree with #2 under the stance that in order to re-craft you should be required to have level 50 skill proficiency and maybe add a minor cost of materials... However, I do see them opting for a crown store item similar to mimic stones if they implement this option.

100% YES to new crafted sets! Bring 'em on! I did not spend months and months and months to get 9 trait researching so that I could go farm BiS gear! (maybe lower those horrid research timers a tad too!)
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robes of the Home Body
    (2 items) Adds 1064 max health
    (3 items) Adds 967 max magicka
    (4 items) Adds 967 max stamina
    (5 items) When inside your house gain 300 weapon and spell damage
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on November 30, 2016 8:36PM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robes of the Home Body

Damn... that's OP for templars.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Robes of the Home Body

The best part - some people think a set like this wouldn't get put in the game .....
    • Actually_Goku
      Actually_Goku
      ✭✭✭✭
      Being able to change the motif of any armor you want is going to be good for the longevity, morale and social aspect of ESO. It's no fun seeing everyone wearing the same armor, and it takes away from your character feeling like "your" character. I main a Mag DK, and I don't really want to wear a pointy fluorescent deformed halloween pumpkin on my head.

This is something that shouldn't be a crown store thing either, but rather a "reforging" option that uses a skill point on the relevant crafting skill.

Make it happen ZOS.
      Edited by Actually_Goku on November 30, 2016 8:55PM
    • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
      FLuFFyxMuFFiN
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Vaoh wrote: »
      Robes of the Home Body

The best part - some people think a set like this wouldn't get put in the game .....

It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Adds more "diversity" to builds.
    • Milvan
      Milvan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Crafted sets are still viable, plus some of them are still top tier material (even tho they are not BIS anymore). I can't understand all this rant about the crafted sets. THEY ARE STILL GREAT. They are acessible, much faster to get (have you tried to farm weapons from the droped sets in this game?). They are not BIS anymore indeed, but hey were for quite a while. MMORPG things are always moving, will they become best in slot ever again? I don't know, maybe yes, who knows.

BTW, The very first 600k score in Maelstrom arean was achieved with a crafted set and VO.
      “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
      Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    • Danksta
      Danksta
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      1. Crafting is great. 4 of my 5 level 50 characters have a 5 piece crafted set.
      2.It sure would be nice since many of the new and updated sets are of the blue motif styles. Also it's very possible that you end up with two (or more) styles that look atrocious together, almost forcing the use of a costume or polymorph.
      3.Probably not, it would cut out the intended grind.
      BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Tannus15
      Tannus15
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Good crafted sets :

Julianos
      Hundings Rage
      Night Mothers Gaze
      Twice-Born Star

I guess Night Silence if you want that fast sneak?

I'm pretty sure that's it.
    • Danksta
      Danksta
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Tannus15 wrote: »
      Good crafted sets :

Julianos
      Hundings Rage
      Night Mothers Gaze
      Twice-Born Star

Kagernac's Hope, Seducer, Magnus and Clever Alchemist. Tava's Blessing for tanks is BiS.
      BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• scorpiodog
      scorpiodog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tannus15 wrote: »
      Good crafted sets :

Julianos
      Hundings Rage
      Night Mothers Gaze
      Twice-Born Star

Hundings is "Meh" Lots of sets give you more flexibility with Weapon Damage, for example.
      Twice-Born - PVE only
      Night Silence - There are better dropped sets for sneak.
      Night Mothers - Again, PvE only, and only Solo. A dropped set is better for group PvE .
      Julianos - Pay to win? You have to buy the Wrothgar DLC, and other Dropped sets have more flexible or higher spell damage options.

Basically the sets you list are "Decent". "Good" is stretching it a bit, because they don't compare to "Good" Dropped Sets, even more so because they don't have jewelry. The sets you didn't mention are complete garbage except for very specific builds (like a "drink a potion every 15 seconds" build, or a "Roll every 5 seconds" build).
    • Integral1900
      Integral1900
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Best reason though for crafted, when the gear cap goes up, and rest assured it will, all those top tier ninjas get to do the maelstrom gear grind all over again... cue comically evil laughter >:)

I just take a stroll down to the crafting sites and unleash my vast stockpiles before going back to what I'd rather be doing. Also, unlike dropped sets I can make it look however I like, that's worth a drop in power especially considering the scruffy grab bag look of all dropped load outs. It's no wonder so many top tier players use costumes all the time
    • MakoFore
      MakoFore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      my wish list for next update ZoS:

1. make all traits good or get rid of crap traits. u dont need rng luck if all traits are decent.
      2. make a token system to trade in bad luck rng in maelstrom , etc
      3. be able to fight for any faction. all my friends are DC - i want a khajit and a dunmer- help me out here- its like imposing sexuality and religion on a kid. i ve got dc in my blood digit?
      4. make crafted sets better than farmed sets- THIS is a fundamental LAW of RPG MMO'S . they've busted this somehow - someone forgot to bring their calculator or excel sheet to work that day. u have to reward experience and skill over grinding and luck. it creates loyalty and investment for players- = long term playing.
      5. give cyrodil some love man. make pvp great again- fix up the lag, the disconnects, give us something to do !!!! ( fengrush pretty much nails everything i want to express in his last rant on this)
      6. nerf the proc sets and the power creep. you do that- u also nerf the shield stacking god tank moding and u bring back balanced combat.
      7. balance armour sets- heavy armour should be liability in speed, etc .
      8. make the group finder for pve a less painful experience. reward players with better loot/rng for running with lower cp or give a chance to filter groups- fine u want to run vWGT with other 561+ players? then the wait time will be longer and if u dont finish under a certain standard/speed/no deaths- then ur rng loot will be nerfed. help 3 cp140's thru it? hey u might get 2 molar kena helms. having rewards scale to the performance and level of players will i think make people less rude. maybe not maybe it ll increase pressure on people- but at least it will make people accountable.

I'm sure there are plenty more- but thats a start for them to put under the tree.
    • Redn3ck
      Redn3ck
      MakoFore wrote: »
      my wish list for next update ZoS:

3. be able to fight for any faction. all my friends are DC - i want a khajit and a dunmer- help me out here- its like imposing sexuality and religion on a kid. i ve got dc in my blood digit?

Umm....adventurers pack?? I have three toons, Imperial, Breton, Redguard....all AD faction...
    • Nerouyn
      Nerouyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Redn3ck wrote: »
      Umm....adventurers pack?? I have three toons, Imperial, Breton, Redguard....all AD faction...

Hasn't always existed. They might not have pre-ordered but created their character before the adv pack was released.

Some third party site was selling the any race / alliance unlock pre-order keys very cheaply but not everyone knew about that.
    • Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Agree with everything bar the re-trait thing. I think traits need to stay locked. As for styles, you should be able to change them for sure. Just let me look beautiful without hindering myself, ZOS.
    • MarrazzMist
      MarrazzMist
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't know about good, but I now wear Eternal hunt with Senche's bite with my main. I just dodge roll away, and plant poison traps everywhere. Great fun, and I can take a dolmen by myself. Good enough for me!

I do hope for good crafted sets. But if they come with DLC people will just cry for p2w. And adding something new to existing zones or sets isn't that exciting. Perfect balance would be, if best gear was combination of crafted and dropped. That would encourage both crafters and dungeon delvers.
    • Osteos
      Osteos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nerouyn wrote: »
      Redn3ck wrote: »

Hasn't always existed. They might not have pre-ordered but created their character before the adv pack was released.

Some third party site was selling the any race / alliance unlock pre-order keys very cheaply but not everyone knew about that.

It has always existed. You could buy it in the store (don't mean crown store) for 10 dollars.
      DAGGERFALL COVENANT
      NA PC
      Former Vehemence Member
      Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    • altemriel
      altemriel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I don't know about good, but I now wear Eternal hunt with Senche's bite with my main. I just dodge roll away, and plant poison traps everywhere. Great fun, and I can take a dolmen by myself. Good enough for me!

I do hope for good crafted sets. But if they come with DLC people will just cry for p2w. And adding something new to existing zones or sets isn't that exciting. Perfect balance would be, if best gear was combination of crafted and dropped. That would encourage both crafters and dungeon delvers.

well making a dolmen just by one person is not so hard :)
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Robes of the Home Body

That test dummy is f**ked!
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
    • Cryptical
      Cryptical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MakoFore wrote: »

5. give cyrodil some love man. make pvp great again- fix up the lag, the disconnects, give us something to do !!!! ( fengrush pretty much nails everything i want to express in his last rant on this)
      6. nerf the proc sets and the power creep. you do that- u also nerf the shield stacking god tank moding and u bring back balanced combat.

8. make the group finder for pve a less painful experience. reward players with better loot/rng for running with lower cp or give a chance to filter groups- fine u want to run vWGT with other 561+ players? then the wait time will be longer and if u dont finish under a certain standard/speed/no deaths- then ur rng loot will be nerfed. help 3 cp140's thru it? hey u might get 2 molar kena helms. having rewards scale to the performance and level of players will i think make people less rude. maybe not maybe it ll increase pressure on people- but at least it will make people accountable.

I'm sure there are plenty more- but thats a start for them to put under the tree.

3 - There's a crown option for that. There've been crown sales. It could cost less than a trip to Burger King. Less fries more adventurer pack.

5 - you want something to do given by zeni, come to PlayerVersusEnvironment. Pvp content is created by other players. That's why it's called PlayerVersusPlayer. You need something to do in cyro, try mixing in some pve gear and taking a keep solo. Do that, and you will have *endless* things to do.

6 - spoken like a dps that thinks combat is only balanced if you win it.
      Xbox NA
    • azoriangaming
      azoriangaming
      ✭✭✭✭
      crafted set sadly have become the sets you wear to grind out the bis gear that you require which is ashame because i'm sure i remember zos saying crafted stuff will always be better :(
    • Bryanonymous
      Bryanonymous
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Discussed to oblivion. Sadly, they have other priorities.
    • Rune_Relic
      Rune_Relic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Robes of the Home Body

hhhmmm!
      Can we duel in our homes :smiley:
      Is this like burglar retribution ?
      Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    • STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      crafted set sadly have become the sets you wear to grind out the bis gear that you require which is ashame because i'm sure i remember zos saying crafted stuff will always be better :(

Now to be fair, some folks (not me), are extolling the virtues of crafted sets for leveling characters because if you are speeding thru levels at minimum content (vs say questing and exploring) its quick and easy to craft sets and then dispose of them when you want - every 10ish levels or so.

So for some, they are the "paper plates and plastic cups" picnic gear equivalent for blitz leveling.

So they have a role...
      Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
      YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
      "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• leepalmer95
      leepalmer95
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They are very likely to introduce crafted more crafted sets, it's not like there completely useless at the moment, they are still used but for this 1 patch just not as much as they used to be.

Crafted sets have been very dominant for a few patches, big wow it's one patch where a lot of dropped sets are good.

Just be cool. I doubt they'd be bringing out crown motif's if they didn't plan on making better crafted gear.
      PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    • Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I´d just like a revisit of the old crafted sets and for the underused/underperforming ones to be brought up to par with TBS/Julianos/Hundings/Seducer/Nightmother/Tavas/Eternal (unt
      <Noricum>
      I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
      Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• PS4_ZeColmeia
      PS4_ZeColmeia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      they should just rework the current sets
      PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
      Hybrid, All-Role NB