The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So PC Aetheric drop rate >>>>>> Console?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was before we got the update with the ciphers. I imagine the drop rate is the same. Also not sure if everyone knows you must have a psijic recipe in your inventory to get the cypher.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Also not sure if everyone knows you must have a psijic recipe in your inventory to get the cypher.

Can you provide a link to this information please?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was before we got the update with the ciphers. I imagine the drop rate is the same. Also not sure if everyone knows you must have a psijic recipe in your inventory to get the cypher.

Source?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need an Ambrosia Recipe to use the Cipher to make the new recipe. There is no information that I know of that says you need to have it on hand to be able to farm it.

Besides, I had the recipe on hand for a lot of my farming and it did not help me (it was a timed out Guild Store Listing I had not banked). Nor did standing on my head and playing the game Right Handed help.
    Edited by Nestor on November 30, 2016 11:30PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand me not personally finding the Cipher even though only playing in the zones it drops for long periods each day since it has been released, but I would assume multiples would be for sale in traders. I have seen 2, one of which was in full recipe form that has been bought and relisted higher twice.

I just don't understand why the Ciphers rate should be so low. The Dust, I at least understand. It is a required component to craft the recipe. The Cipher though just dictates who can craft it. The limiting factor on the amount available should be the Dust. The Dust seems to be a common commodity, at least to the point there are multiples for sale at multiple guild traders. The Cipher though remains elusive, even over periods of grinding in the tens of millions of exp.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Runs

The real secret is, you get 150% more experience because your killing 150% more mobs trying to get the thing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even bother with farming. In EU/PC only one cipher seems to have dropped by now. That means that
    - Before hotfixing it the droprate was so low that it rounded down to zero.
    - Current drop rate is so abysmal that no amount of farming of a single player is enough.
    - ZOS calculated the drop rate looking over whole population of players together in megaserver.
    - It's an extraordinary lucky drop to someone.
    - So this is the absolute minimum droprate they can tweak in to be able to say it does drop in game outside crown store.

Thank you very much ZOS.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also not sure if everyone knows you must have a psijic recipe in your inventory to get the cypher.

From the patch notes

Mythical Aetherial Ambrosia
    We've introduced Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia to Tamriel! Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia is an incredibly rare, incredibly potent version of Psijic Ambrosia. Drinking it grants you a +150% bonus to the Experience you gain while it is in effect, and just like Psijic Ambrosia, its consumption and crafting is affected by your Connoisseur and Brewer passives. While Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia will stack with other foods or drinks, it will not stack with Psijic Ambrosia.

To craft Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia, you must first find an Aetheric Cipher.
    This extremely rare item can potentially be found on any monster within certain areas, listed below.
    You also need a Recipe Scroll for Psijic Ambrosia.
    Use the Aetheric Cipher while the Psijic Ambrosia Recipe scroll is in your inventory, and the recipe scroll will transform into a Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia Recipe scroll.
    This recipe can only be understood by those with the highest rank of the Recipe Quality Provisioner passive.

The recipe for Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia calls for one unit of Aetherial Dust and one Psijic Ambrosia drink.
    Aetherial Dust is very rarely found on the resource nodes in certain zones - it can appear on ore, raw cloth, fallen wood, alchemical herbs and mushrooms, and water sources. It is not found on monsters.

So it appears you need a scroll of Psijic Ambrosia in your bag to make Mythical Aetherial Ambrosia

BUT

You must also learn the Psijic Ambrosia recipe to produce its reagent requirement.

So, 2xPsijic Ambrosia essentially if you dont already know it ???

Edited by SquareSausage on December 1, 2016 2:07AM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the very reason why I didn't go mad farming/buying another ambrosia recipe.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just as well I kept my spare Psijic recipe - it also might explain the stupid price of the full recipe on PS4 lately.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

Source?

Check patch notes

Patch notes.

From the patch notes

Mythical Aetherial Ambrosia
    We've introduced Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia to Tamriel! Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia is an incredibly rare, incredibly potent version of Psijic Ambrosia. Drinking it grants you a +150% bonus to the Experience you gain while it is in effect, and just like Psijic Ambrosia, its consumption and crafting is affected by your Connoisseur and Brewer passives. While Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia will stack with other foods or drinks, it will not stack with Psijic Ambrosia.

To craft Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia, you must first find an Aetheric Cipher.
    This extremely rare item can potentially be found on any monster within certain areas, listed below.
    You also need a Recipe Scroll for Psijic Ambrosia.
    Use the Aetheric Cipher while the Psijic Ambrosia Recipe scroll is in your inventory, and the recipe scroll will transform into a Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia Recipe scroll.
    This recipe can only be understood by those with the highest rank of the Recipe Quality Provisioner passive.

The recipe for Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia calls for one unit of Aetherial Dust and one Psijic Ambrosia drink.
    Aetherial Dust is very rarely found on the resource nodes in certain zones - it can appear on ore, raw cloth, fallen wood, alchemical herbs and mushrooms, and water sources. It is not found on monsters.

So it appears you need a scroll of Psijic Ambrosia in your bag to make Mythical Aetherial Ambrosia

BUT

You must also learn the Psijic Ambrosia recipe to produce its reagent requirement.

So, 2xPsijic Ambrosia essentially if you dont already know it ???

Unless learning the mythic also gives regular psijic recipe also? Guess when someone gets one that doesn't already know regular recipe, then we will know.

Or zos could clarify some of it.
    Edited by alexkdd99 on December 1, 2016 3:02AM
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I took "GET" for "FIND".

Your statement quoted above led me to believe your were stating that I must have the Psijic recipe in my bag in order to find the Aetheric Cipher on Monsters.

My Bad
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....