Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Log Out

Ethromelb14_ESO
Ethromelb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
When I attempt to log out of the game, the time starts to count down, and then it just sits there endlessly. I have to instead close application.
Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    It did that to me also. Use /logout in the chat window. That logged me out back to the select character screen.
    Edited by RagingDK on November 30, 2016 11:01PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opps...wrong thread
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 11:11PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also unable to log out, and need to close app to switch characters.

In addition, the game looks much darker than before. I'm using a PS4 Pro and have turned the in game brightness all the way up, as well as my TV brightness setting. Still doesn't look nearly as good as pre-patch, as certain aspects of the visuals are now washed out.

Can I go back to the last patch?
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    PC0523 wrote: »

In addition, the game looks much darker than before. I'm using a PS4 Pro and have turned the in game brightness all the way up, as well as my TV brightness setting. Still doesn't look nearly as good as pre-patch, as certain aspects of the visuals are now washed out.

Hi PC0523,

I've been experiencing the same 2 problems.

Travelling to Mournhold and logging out from there is working for me atm. It's still annoying but hopefully only a temporary necessity.

I was able to revert to my pre-patch visuals by changing the PS4 Video Output Settings so that HDR and Deep Colour Output are both set to "Off".

Hope this helps :smile:

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The darkness isn't just me and my deteriorating eyesight then? I adjusted game brightness, and TV brightness and it is like perpetual night-time... I'm sure this is for HDR support... but its HORRID...

And 2 hours of maintenance - and all they do is add a feature to rip us off but don't fix the lack of being able to logout normally?? Great job guys... you really do show you care.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RagingDK wrote: »
    It did that to me also. Use /logout in the chat window. That logged me out back to the select character screen.

Didn't work for me. The only to log out is to quit the game and restart which is a bit of a pain because you can't always log back in at prime times.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    PS4 EU same here ZOS please fix ASAP
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC0523 wrote: »

Hi PC0523,

I've been experiencing the same 2 problems.

Travelling to Mournhold and logging out from there is working for me atm. It's still annoying but hopefully only a temporary necessity.

I was able to revert to my pre-patch visuals by changing the PS4 Video Output Settings so that HDR and Deep Colour Output are both set to "Off".

Hope this helps :smile:

good stuff...thanks @TruthSeeker ...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I can't logout I've been playing non-stop and have missed work. Please help!
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    I can't log out anywhere. ZOS can we please get a hot fix I have 10 characters I like to do writs on. I can't get from one to other without a damn close app.
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of broken game after patches.

Fell asleep last night logging out , woke up still in log out screen an hour later.

Still broken today , have to hard close game and log back in.

Many other issues I have noticed , will look for apropriate threads to bi*h in as usual.
    Edited by Eleusian on December 2, 2016 3:52AM
    PS4 NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I can't logout I've been playing non-stop and have missed work. Please help!

i'm sooooooo jealous :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place