Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox 1 can't log into characters

x_Nathan_F
x_Nathan_F
✭✭✭
I can't log into half my characters it just get stuck at requesting character log
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_DaryaK
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭

No I can't log in to some of my characters
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x_Nathan_F wrote: »

@x_Nathan_F
    Did you open the chat log and type "/logout" ?

Doing this works but selecting logout from the menu does not if there is a countdown.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@x_Nathan_F

Doing this works but selecting logout from the menu does not if there is a countdown.

His problem is loging IN to the game, not loging out. You can't open chat to log out, if you can't first get in.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Xbox One Technical Support so that we can gather anyone facing this problem in the same place, as we are investigating the problem right now .
    Staff Post
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *wrong thread
    Edited by Runs on November 30, 2016 4:18PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

@x_Nathan_F

His problem is loging IN to the game, not loging out. You can't open chat to log out, if you can't first get in.

Yep...so what I'm offering is the character they can log into...to log out using the slash command mentioned in the other thread I linked. Understand the bug is both ways so if you're not actually out even tho the screens shows this, you can't get back in.

The other problem is if ppl are force quitting as Gina mentioned vs using /logout it's gonna cause an issue trying to log in which I mentioned to Gina when she first posted to force quit early yesterday.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 5:02PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Please make sure the game is fully patched and then do a hard restart of your console. Please let me know if you're still having trouble logging into your characters after that.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • iam_slickone
    iam_slickone
    ✭✭✭

This worked for me, I went on to a character I was able to login to, typed in /logout, then logged into the character I needed to with no issues.

Just seems I have to always logout that way for the time being
    Thanks

'Keyser Soze Magic Templar
    Siike Magic Sorcer
    'Haze Stamina NightBlade
    'Caeser Stamina DK
    'Leonidas Stamina Templar
    'Thunder Stamina Sorcer

• iam_slickone
    iam_slickone
    ✭✭✭
    I spoke to soon, I'm still unable to login to two of my characters
    'Keyser Soze Magic Templar
    Siike Magic Sorcer
    'Haze Stamina NightBlade
    'Caeser Stamina DK
    'Leonidas Stamina Templar
    'Thunder Stamina Sorcer

• CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    had this problem yesterday but it seemed to fix itself randomly. new problem today is everytime i go to travel out of cyrodill my game puts me into a long load screen that runs forever. (i left the game on while i went to the shop and 25 mins later i came home to a load screen). if i restart the game and reload the char that was stuck i am thrown back into a never ending load screen.

zos fix your game ffs.
    PC EU | XBOX EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CeeJonesy wrote: »
    had this problem yesterday but it seemed to fix itself randomly. new problem today is everytime i go to travel out of cyrodill my game puts me into a long load screen that runs forever. (i left the game on while i went to the shop and 25 mins later i came home to a load screen). if i restart the game and reload the char that was stuck i am thrown back into a never ending load screen.

zos fix your game ffs.

Now I've had this before the patch.
    They had me delete my save data, reset the console and log back in but it keeps happening randomly and it's not in Cyrodil for me

Prob the game has too many unresolved bugs from 9 months ago when the long loading screen was the issue.

I can't stay online tho.
    I have this awesome ISP and 1 gig up/down but my game kicks me randomly only for this game tho.

Then I can't log in for a few attempts cause it says I need Xbox live access.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 10:34PM