The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Crown gems

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
What the hell are crown gems????
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/29/eso-welcomes-crown-crates

Crown Gems are what you get when you get a duplicate item, or apparently you'll be able to trade some stuff in for Gems.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Gems are what you'll receive for getting cosmetic items in Crown Crates that you already own. You can also get them by converting unwanted consumables from the Crown Crates.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you receive a mount or pet or costume in the con crates that you already own then you receive a small amount of these gems in exchange for it.

You will need a large number of these gems to be able to trade for something else that you do want.

Basically they are orc poop dressed as shiny treasure.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are what you get when you buy a crown crate that has a duplicate of something you already got from a crate, you can save these up to buy something you want. There will be another tab that shows items and how many crown gems you need to purchase them

Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want anything of value, 100 Gems ( I think the good stuff start at ) you WILL need to buy a lot of crates

I did the crates on PTS for a week and only made 150 or so gems ( this was before I bought all the crown store items first )
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want anything of value, 100 Gems ( I think the good stuff start at ) you WILL need to buy a lot of crates

I did the crates on PTS for a week and only made 150 or so gems ( this was before I bought all the crown store items first )

They may have changed that between PTS and now though. I know one of the big points was that the amount of gems you got from stuff you already owned was pitiful.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They may have changed that between PTS and now though. I know one of the big points was that the amount of gems you got from stuff you already owned was pitiful.

Doubt they'd change it too much. Just like the "you can trade in "several" consumables you don't want for gems, they don't want people to be able to buy what they want. They want people to buy more crates. Getting a large number of gems back is rather counter productive.

Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you receive a mount or pet or costume in the con crates that you already own then you receive a small amount of these gems in exchange for it.

You will need a large number of these gems to be able to trade for something else that you do want.

Basically they are orc poop dressed as shiny treasure.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Mmmmmm.... orc poop..... ahhhhhhh
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options