Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

X1 issue

craigr02
craigr02
✭✭✭
Will not let you logout. I have to exit of of game and reload to switch toons. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Type /logout.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try that
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a fee posts already, its a bug. If you go to a town apparently you can log out
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    There's a fee posts already, its a bug. If you go to a town apparently you can log out

Not actually a work around to go to town....just sharing
    If ppl have a keyboard the /logout is the only real work around as some towns have a countdown depending on other things like phase
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If ppl have a keyboard the /logout is the only real work around as some towns have a countdown depending on other things like phase

If you type /logout in a town with a timer (like Belkarth) you still get the timer (tested on ps4 before the patch)
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have this is same issue, the countdown hits zero and my character stays in game...I was even able to hit cancel to rejoin the game 5-10 minutes after waiting at zero.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you type /logout in a town with a timer (like Belkarth) you still get the timer (tested on ps4 before the patch)

@IwakuraLain42

I'm confirming that the actual solution to the logout bug is to actually type in the slash command /logout rather than selecting logout from the menu

Yes that does cause the log out timer but it doesn't stop you from logging out. There is a video on my profile if needed to confirm for others that this is the actual only solution for now

Note: @ZOS_GinaBruno this /logout is a work around
    Video: https://gameclipscontent-d2010.xboxlive.com/0009000000158ccf-56258260-dcef-4782-92ab-957afbf52554/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2014-02-14&amp;sr=b&amp;si=DefaultAccess&amp;sig=ZzAqZxGRG2H8ka4jJLV5sgJMO5wXv8mKUO+oNaJoN4s=&amp;__gda__=1480524131_6b73d4a6d0d399f16c8acfbd00b9d740
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 3:42PM
  • VinyParsley2016
    VinyParsley2016
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug really pissed me off because this kind of bug is so easy to find out during the testing process. I don't know if the ZOS has test team or not? It seems they never do any tests before new release. That's why every release brings a lot of bugs. They really need to slow down their development process for new content, or hire more people in test team.
  • Darkninja_326
    Darkninja_326
    ✭✭

@IwakuraLain42

I'm confirming that the actual solution to the logout bug is to actually type in the slash command /logout rather than selecting logout from the menu

Yes that does cause the log out timer but it doesn't stop you from logging out. There is a video on my profile if needed to confirm for others that this is the actual only solution for now

Note: @ZOS_GinaBruno this /logout is a work around
    Video: https://gameclipscontent-d2010.xboxlive.com/0009000000158ccf-56258260-dcef-4782-92ab-957afbf52554/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2014-02-14&amp;sr=b&amp;si=DefaultAccess&amp;sig=ZzAqZxGRG2H8ka4jJLV5sgJMO5wXv8mKUO+oNaJoN4s=&amp;__gda__=1480524131_6b73d4a6d0d399f16c8acfbd00b9d740

This is a solution but what about when the text chat doesn't pull up the keyboard? What is the fix then? Is there a way to reset the text chat are am I just suppose to force quit the game to switch characters?
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Xbox One Technical Support so that we can gather anyone facing this problem in the same place, as we are investigating the problem right now .
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug really pissed me off because this kind of bug is so easy to find out during the testing process. I don't know if the ZOS has test team or not? It seems they never do any tests before new release. That's why every release brings a lot of bugs. They really need to slow down their development process for new content, or hire more people in test team.

Disagree that they need to hire more people.
    They just need to test all platforms and eliminate all bugs and stop giving an arbitrary release expectation of quarterly.

Basically....they need to hash out all reported bugs FIRST on all existing content literally hash them all out

While they develop new content, release huge bug fix updates monthly on a strict schedule

The new content should only occur when it's confirmed to be bug free and instead of rolling out on different days the content should hit all platforms on the same day.

Every company who doesn't align releases across all platforms has a ton of bugs.
    Specifically in this console generation, from personal experiences on betas and preview titles since 2012-2013....this decision to keep things seperate leads to major issues longterm.

People who work on content can't keep up with what's fixed and what's broken when it's done this way because the company doesn't have seperate teams and people for each. Some of the teams do all platforms while few are PC or console but none of platform specific only.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Xbox One Technical Support so that we can gather anyone facing this problem in the same place, as we are investigating the problem right now .

Is it possible to let us know if you are also investigating the same problem on the gamepad mode of the PC version ?

It has been around since Shadows of the Hist was released.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We are aware of an issue where you may not be able to log out of your characters properly after the patch on 11/29/2016.

In the meantime, we recommend logging out in safe areas of major cities, where there are no countdown timers, as many players have reported successfully logging out in these locations.

For updates as new information becomes available, please log in and click "Notify Me" at the bottom of this page.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Darkninja_326
    Darkninja_326
    ✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We are aware of an issue where you may not be able to log out of your characters properly after the patch on 11/29/2016.

In the meantime, we recommend logging out in safe areas of major cities, where there are no countdown timers, as many players have reported successfully logging out in these locations.

For updates as new information becomes available, please log in and click "Notify Me" at the bottom of this page.

What is considered a safe area? Are there any in Cyrodil or Imperial City?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darkninja_326

Just open the chat log and type "/logout" save yourself the trouble of any other suggestions.

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_DaryaK are you guys also aware it has been like this on PC for MONTHS now?

I mean it will be great if you fix the consoles problem but kind of *** up if you completely ignore the problem on PC as you have done for several months now.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Darkninja_326
    Darkninja_326
    ✭✭

@Darkninja_326

Just open the chat log and type "/logout" save yourself the trouble of any other suggestions.

Iv'e tried but half the time I use the chat box it does not let me type anything or let me do anything. The only thing I have left to do then is log out. The keyboard just won't pop up to use.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Runs wrote: »
    @ZOS_DaryaK are you guys also aware it has been like this on PC for MONTHS now?

I mean it will be great if you fix the consoles problem but kind of *** up if you completely ignore the problem on PC as you have done for several months now.

Hey @Runs, we are investigating the issue for the PC as well!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tigerborn62
    tigerborn62
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I log out without a timer? Also, that /logout suggestion doesn't work for me.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darkninja_326

Iv'e tried but half the time I use the chat box it does not let me type anything or let me do anything. The only thing I have left to do then is log out. The keyboard just won't pop up to use.

@Darkninja_326

Have you turned on the chat log?
    Just hit enter or back slash.

If not hit the menu button and Y or X. One opens the chat log....move the cursor or hit A which opens the on screen keyboard and select "/logout" and then send

Wait 10 secs
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 10:29PM
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭

This fails to work. I have no problem entering the text and sending the message. After I send the message the logout timer message appears; it counts down from 9 to zero but the logout fails.

This is in Belkarth. I tried moving to another town but I ran into the same countdown timer.

Can anyone tell me where else may I go to avoid this timer?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_DaryaK can you provide a less nebulous solution? I have ten characters running writs and recycling the game from desktop is testing my patience. What makes me angry is that this issue was not discovered in test. How the 'exiting the game' scenario not be part of any professionally designed regression test cycle is beyond me.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    jellicles wrote: »

This fails to work. I have no problem entering the text and sending the message. After I send the message the logout timer message appears; it counts down from 9 to zero but the logout fails.

This is in Belkarth. I tried moving to another town but I ran into the same countdown timer.

Can anyone tell me where else may I go to avoid this timer?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_DaryaK can you provide a less nebulous solution? I have ten characters running writs and recycling the game from desktop is testing my patience. What makes me angry is that this issue was not discovered in test. How the 'exiting the game' scenario not be part of any professionally designed regression test cycle is beyond me.

Hi Jellicles,

Fails for me as well.

You may be able to avoid the timer in Mournhold. Has worked for me this morning.

Rawl'kha just worked for one of my characters, though not for another. Seems haphazard. I was able to log out normally after the patch while playing yesterday.

I play 23 characters running writs, collecting toxin satchels or having riding lessons, and then actually "play" my 24th, so I understand your frustration all too well.

Here's hoping this is sorted soon and that they stop introducing so many problems with each new patch.

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you all did notice the crown crates, right? So we can just ignore all these broken things now.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the maintenance crap this week, I'm now also unable to logout. This game seems to be in a death spiral right now. But....as SwaminoNowlino rightly said...we have crown crates!!!! Woohoooo....
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very odd that using /logout doesn't work.

Perhaps there are some other issues as well. Who knows but for it to work for many and not for others....I'm now curious if there are more or less where the /logout work around works for.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    It's very odd that using /logout doesn't work.

Perhaps there are some other issues as well. Who knows but for it to work for many and not for others....I'm now curious if there are more or less where the /logout work around works for.

Just to be clear, for me /logout always fails when there is a timer to exit, otherwise it should work (barring other UI errors to which you may be subjected).
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    For me now, typing /logout with a keyboard is now working, but using the controller to type it does not work.... and of course the normal way of logging out with the controller also does not work.

By no means gamebreaking, but just rather annoying.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested three areas on three different characters ..... Glenumbra, Bankgoria & Rawl'kha .....

The /logout worked on all three without a timer and return to the character screen .....

I know DaryaK recommended logging out in safe areas, I will try to test in some non-safe areas to see what happens ..... will postthe findings .....

• jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    I tested three areas on three different characters ..... Glenumbra, Bankgoria & Rawl'kha .....

The /logout worked on all three without a timer and return to the character screen .....

I know DaryaK recommended logging out in safe areas, I will try to test in some non-safe areas to see what happens ..... will postthe findings .....

But the point is to be able to use /logout when there is a timer. The typed command always works for me only when there is no timer. If there is a timer I am still stuck with having to travel to an area where there is no timer required to exit.