The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the lag in Cyrodiil worse than last patch?

covenant_merchant
covenant_merchant
✭✭✭✭✭
In other terms, did ZOS mess up again? I remember having 12 fps in keeps in primetime during the Shadows of the Hist patch, but 12fps is still playable, I guess. Now, every single battle, I have 1-2fps, which is plain disgusting. And it seems that most people I know have the same issue.
Edited by ZOS_PeterT on November 1, 2016 2:49PM

Is the lag in Cyrodiil worse than last patch? 66 votes

Yes, my FPS / ping are worse now
60%
TalcyndlKikazaruColoursYouHavepjwb16_ESOTaonnorWillhelmBlackKagheiBam_BamthemdogesbiteLava_CroftZhegElongIdinuseLord_HevSorisMojomonkeymanPainfulFAFAmtwiggzLeifEricksonGod_flakes 40 votes
No, same as before OT
19%
Ghost-ShotRohausPsilentSanct16ZounisirstonEirellaDerraPeel_Ya_Cap_517mrdanklescrusnik91NACtronPuzzlenuts 13 votes
I don't even bother with PvP due to procfests and broken meta
16%
Alomarssewallb14_ESOKnootewootRunkorkoSalmonleapRajajshkaMinnoJaronkingKr3doBurritoESOFreezoide 11 votes
Yes, ping/latency is worse, but it's the players' fault for mindlessly zerging
3%
kevlarto_ESOHexys 2 votes
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make a thread once the performance has actually improved. Otherwise, it's just post-patch business as usual.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 30, 2016 6:29PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to determine when there's like only half as many ppl pvping now.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, same as before OT
    I think it's just the "In the past everything was better" type of thing. I didn't have any problems with lag so far, sure on weekends it spikes to 300 at times but nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag is usually fine, but frame rates have take their usual dip thanks to even more over the top graphical effects without improving the speed of the renderer.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 30, 2016 7:07PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, ping/latency is worse, but it's the players' fault for mindlessly zerging
    It seems the same until you get a proctard group running around then it seems to start taking a bit of a hit.

The performance was very nice, then they added all these new calculations and particle effects just seems to be counter to what they were trying to do when it comes to improving performance, but we are talking about ZOS here to LOL
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The performance was very nice, then they added all these new calculations and particle effects just seems to be counter to what they were trying to do when it comes to improving performance, but we are talking about ZOS here to LOL
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on PvP. Tonight me and my wife shall quest together in Craglorn. I might try it later this week to see how it is. After One-tamriel hit I didn't have any lag in PvP but I don't know what recent updates did to it.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, same as before OT
    Ping and FPS are the same. 110 to 150 ping and 20 to 30 FPS in large battles.

Turn particle suppression and the other particle option down to its lowest setting and turn off water reflectivity. Don't run addons that are out of date; FTC isn't updated, well wasn't last I checked, and was causing around a 15 FPS drop.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ping and FPS seem fine or the same. Though there are less players.

Main issue I notice is that either abilities are not having their animations or not firing at all. Before, you hit the key, it would eventually happen 2-3 secs later. Now you hit the key, wait for it, nothing happens, have to hit it again, which is infinitely more frustrating to me - especially when it's a heal, a cc, or a purge not firing.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch has taken the remaining fun and what was left of the decent performance right out of Cyrodiil.

Thanks ZoS.

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magus wrote: »

Main issue I notice is that either abilities are not having their animations or not firing at all. Before, you hit the key, it would eventually happen 2-3 secs later. Now you hit the key, wait for it, nothing happens, have to hit it again, which is infinitely more frustrating to me - especially when it's a heal, a cc, or a purge not firing.

Everyone I have spoken too(myself also experiencing this ever since this recent maintenance) has been experiencing this all week. It's really bad when it starts getting real lag during prime-time(by "real lag" I mean your ping actually reflects it) Because of this, normal game-play(this occurs in PvE now...) feels clumsy and gets amplified when all factions are present at a fight.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »

Everyone I have spoken too(myself also experiencing this ever since this recent maintenance) has been experiencing this all week. It's really bad when it starts getting real lag during prime-time(by "real lag" I mean your ping actually reflects it) Because of this, normal game-play(this occurs in PvE now...) feels clumsy and gets amplified when all factions are present at a fight.

I've had this bug since one tamriel launched, so it's nice that it's not just me anymore experiencing it. I've been on templar again lately and it's especially painful when you hit purge and it doesn't fire, or you launch blazing spears up and expect it to land and stun them but it never comes down. I can handle lag, when it's laggy you just have to like hit a key every 2 seconds instead of going all fast twitch muscles like you can on the less populated servers but this issue is across all campaigns and PVE like you mention, not just trueflame. My hypothesis is they are rolling out new server side checks to prevent cheating but it is having a toll on performance.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, pay attention to when you can't use your abilities. I noticed tonight that in the top right of my screen when my abilities weren't working, it would say "target is immune" when I tried to use honor the dead or blazing shards.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn it won't let me choose more than one :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, same as before OT
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    I think it's just the "In the past everything was better" type of thing. I didn't have any problems with lag so far, sure on weekends it spikes to 300 at times but nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Lag is a lot more noticeable when you´re not running around in a larger grp. Especially on sorc with streak a 300+ ping display will result in 2 to 3s delay on that skill.

I view the pingmeter more as an estimate anyway. The guys at zos know why they only let it update every 30s and never let it show more than 500 ping anyway. A working pingdisplay would get people fired there.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is more that even with a low ping ESO's controls are still laggy and unreliable. 'Low ping' here means at least double the amount of miliseconds it takes any other game to move around data from my house to Germany.

@Sanct16 is right though. The huge 10 minute long freezes are gone, prolonged periods of 1000ms+ latency are gone and overall the networking performs better than in the past. It's just too bad that 'better' in ESO still means absolutely terrible compared to any other indie game.

Frame rates have just continued their route towards the negative numbers they eventually must reach.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 5, 2016 2:29PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barely step foot in Cyrodiil any more, so I haven't really noticed. When I do try and go in there it's usually 4 second weapon swaps and spamming my skill bar to get something to go off as usual. I just can't anymore. It's so frustrating.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    No it's just as bad as it has always been. Totally unplayable.
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    The First rule of Cyrodiil lag is that it only gets worse, never better.
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it got worse. It's the same crappy performance than last patch as far as I can remember.

They have improved the performance on Azura though, yesterday there was a massive blue vs red fight at a red gate and I had less than 100 ping the whole time as well as great fps.

Just leads me to say the lag is somehow related to the cp system, maybe it's the passives, maybe it's the additional ressources and stats that allow players to spam more, I dunno.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FPS the same but lag is horrible now in Trueflame due to Zerg spam. I still need to relog to get my frames unstuck from 21-24.
    PC EU
  • incognito222
    incognito222
    ✭✭✭
    Performance is slightly better on my end, 999+ ping spikes do not occur as often and the average ping in Cyro is in the 330 - 450 range during large battles (playing from South East Asia).

FPS drops still occur albeit not as frequently as before. Although skills / effects not rendering are more frequent now. Makes it difficult to see enemy player's attacks or AOE effects and only realize I'm taking damage when my health starts to drop. This occurence is random.

The slow motion slideshow during large battles have been reduced in severity since last update and for that I am thankful.

Thing that irks me is to have my character randomly AUTO-SHEATHING in the midst of combat. I cannot replicate it on purpose and it happens quite frequently after pressing a class skill on my Mag DK. It has been happening for months now. Can't say for sure for my other toons since this is the only one I play nowadays.

Let's hope performance gets better, keeping my fingers crossed and wishing the team at ZOS success in resolving the issues at hand.
    * Playing from Indonesia *
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely. But it's hard to pin down why because I can zerf in a large battle and have no lag and suddenly be running solo in a field and my ping will shoot up inexplicably. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.