The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

1st player view keeps changing back to 3rd person

ObsidianDoll
Hey all, I have a weird problem after One Tamriel update..

I play in 1st person view, but now every time I ride my horse and farm materials, my view will stay in 3rd person view.
I can then change it back to 1st person just scrolling or pressing V, but this is getting to be very annoying..

Any ideas?
  • ObsidianDoll
    No one? Still experiencing this issue. Find it very annoying.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons? I know there is an addon, that has nothing to do with the camera, but will lock the camera in first person for farming. So, it could be any addon that might be causing this.

I say this as this view does not change for me and I play on PC/NA
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, horse riding and mat farming always occur in third person unless you have an addon to force first person for them. Has your addon been marked as "Out of date" and thus disabled?

My apologies if you play on console - I'm reading the forums on my phone so I don't see people's signatures etc.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • ObsidianDoll
    I realize that horse riding and mat farming is in 3rd person view, but if you play in 1st person, then you farm a mat, after you should revert back to 1st person. But that is no longer happening to me.
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    How can you play this game in first-person? D: I don't mean to judge, but I play in third-person and whenever my camera pans too close to something and sticks me in first-person, I start to freak out because it's all so ahhh!

how u do that
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• ObsidianDoll
    heyjrey wrote: »
    How can you play this game in first-person? D: I don't mean to judge, but I play in third-person and whenever my camera pans too close to something and sticks me in first-person, I start to freak out because it's all so ahhh!

how u do that

Haha well its what Im used to I guess. I'd love to be able to play 3rd person but I can't get used to the pointer... As in I can't aim well enough in 3rd