The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't log in to my "main" character. (Xbox One)

Eradrann
Eradrann
✭✭✭
Downloaded the update this morning. Finished a random dungeon, but upon leaving the group at the end, it was taking me back to my last location (in Grahtwood) but it was taking forever. With the "This may be taking longer than usual message." I eventually just quit the game and restarted.

Upon log in the second time, I was able to get matched with a group to do one of the daily pledges, after finishing that, I left the group (along with another), and the same long transitioning screen appeared again. So I quit and restarted the game and tried to log back in, and now it's just stuck at the "requesting character" loading screen. Says I'm in The Banished Cells I still (which was the dungeon I just finished).

I got off my Xbox for a few hours, thinking maybe it'd be fixed, but alas it's not. I'm able to log into my other characters just fine EXCEPT my first/main. I've even restarted my entire system. Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix? I don't have the time/patience/or data to uninstall the game and reinstall.

TL;DR: Can't log into my main character (stuck on character loading screen) after leaving a group and getting removed from the dungeon.
Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    And of course... right when I send in a ticket for help (finding a suggestion similar in a thread from two years ago). The game/character has suddenly reset. Tried turning off my Xbox while the game was still running and that seems to have fixed it?

You should look into beta testing your updates though! :D:p:(
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • DingiestSplash
    I also have a character who gets stuck on "requesting character load..." was in CoH2 for pledge and when leaving got stuck on the load screen for grahtwood came out of eso to reboot and now can't log character back in. Absolute joke.

All other characters load fine.