The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Solo and 4 man dps question

RioterJalena
I am CP 405 nightblade using shadow mundus using DW/Bow for pve DPS. I am currently using Spriggans (3 Jewelry, helm, Shoulders) set and NMG (5 armor), with 2 x gold leki's Daggers for DPS. Weapon DMG is 3180 weapon crit 69%. Without getting hardcore end game gear(ie VO and Maelstrom Weapons), I am currently pulling high 20k low 30k single target DPS with perfect rotation. I think that's decent at the moment. As I am gaining CP and doing more pledges I'm getting more monster shoulder's and a few helms. The first monster set I have completed is Kra'gh's. So I am trying to rework a few things. So my question is which was to go...

I have 5 piece viper(3 jewelery, 2 gold knife of shadows), 5 Spriggan armor , and 2 kragh's. WD is 2800 with 67% crit. Additional dmg from kragh's and viper proc. .

The other option is 5 spriggans, 2 kragh's, 3 agility, 2 Lekis daggers. WD is 3200 but crit is 60%. Just has Kragh's

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with the 3200 weapon damage.

But then my Stamblade runs with 2H and bow with 5 hundings 3 agility and 2 veligreth with warrior mundus.(More for pvp than pve)

If your aim is crit damage then might be worth running the 2800 with the 67% crit...but I'm not going to look into the math on the differences.

Best thing to do is see which gives you the highest sustain dps and that will be the setup you want.
    Edited by Delimber on November 29, 2016 1:00AM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no pro on Stamina Nightblade DPS, but a good setup is very easy to create.

Nightblades are great at crits. They gain bonuses to critical hits from their passives, most notably the 10% Critical damage passive. Build around this.

2x Kra'gh
    5x Vicious Ophidian
    5x Leviathon
    1x Maelstrom Bow

That's likely what I would go for.
  • RioterJalena
    I would think TBS with Thief and Shadow mundus would be better than leviathan. I think leviathan adds around 14.3% crit while TBS with 7 divines adds 16.7% plus more health and magikca. For trials TBS/VO would be my set up. For solo and 4 man the penetration with spriggans, kraghs, sharpened weapons , major fracture, and crusher enchant is ~ 35% dmg increase. That's much better than 5% from VO.

The reason I'm trying to decide between 5 viper vs 3 Agi/2 Lekis is I'm already almost to penetration "cap" and looking to squeeze out a little more dmg or crit. 5 VO with spriggans and Kra'ghs would be a beast though. would have same crit as viper with 5% more dmg and plenty of sustain.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am CP 405 nightblade using shadow mundus using DW/Bow for pve DPS. I am currently using Spriggans (3 Jewelry, helm, Shoulders) set and NMG (5 armor), with 2 x gold leki's Daggers for DPS. Weapon DMG is 3180 weapon crit 69%. Without getting hardcore end game gear(ie VO and Maelstrom Weapons), I am currently pulling high 20k low 30k single target DPS with perfect rotation. I think that's decent at the moment. As I am gaining CP and doing more pledges I'm getting more monster shoulder's and a few helms. The first monster set I have completed is Kra'gh's. So I am trying to rework a few things. So my question is which was to go...
    I have 5 piece viper(3 jewelery, 2 gold knife of shadows), 5 Spriggan armor , and 2 kragh's. WD is 2800 with 67% crit. Additional dmg from kragh's and viper proc. .
    The other option is 5 spriggans, 2 kragh's, 3 agility, 2 Lekis daggers. WD is 3200 but crit is 60%. Just has Kragh's
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    I run a similar setup (in terms of stats) on my Stamblade and i noticed a 10% gain in overall DPS when i went from 3360 damage and 63% crit to 3040 damage and 72% crit.

The first setup is:
    5 x Hundings Rage, 5 x Dreught King Slayer, 2 x Lekis Daggers

The second setup is:
    5 x Hundings Rage, 5 x Red Mountain (Jewelry and Weapons), Monster Helmet and Shoulder

I could push the 2nd setup even further if i was able to get my hands on some sharpened RM weapons.

What's your DW rotation?
    idea.gif
  • RioterJalena
    I used hundings rage for awhile then switched to NMG and realized how much armor penetration really makes a difference. Then went to Spriggan and NMG until I got monster set. My rotation for bow/dw is

Buff- Relentless focus, Siphoning attacks
    Dots- endless hail, Razor Caltdrops, Poison injection, Rearming trap, Blood craze
    DD- Light attack weaving surprise attack x2
    Dots- Poison inject, trap, blood craze
    DD, rebuff, DD,DD, Reapply all dots, and repeat.

Ultimate I tend to use at first dot and when ever it comes up...I use either ice comet, rend or dawn breaker.

Still working out the kinks...to get it down. If i had maelstrom weapons i would rapid strikes between each dot for the weapon proc.