Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XB1S Framerate After HDR Patch

lucifon
lucifon
Soul Shriven
It seems like there's some real framerate issues with the latest update on an Xbox One S with HDR. It's as if the fps has been uncapped in this update. At times it flows smoother and menus seem to be smoother but when panning the camera and moving around it's as if it's dropping frames and stuttering a lot.

Have others noticed this? It's really jarring.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to update, update froze and now it doesn't want to start again.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would only be fair for ZOS to hit consoles with their own "Lighting Patch" lol
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    It would only be fair for ZOS to hit consoles with their own "Lighting Patch" lol

Omg that sucked....it's literally the first time I quit when on PC.
    This too
    61bf31dfc77f413d316cd8d629c42d.jpg
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 29, 2016 8:59PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does one use the HDR? I have a 4k TV and Xbox One S.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently you can adjust the HDR settings in the Xbox? I don't know for sure since I dont own one, but I'm guessing the frame drop while panning the camera could be associated with an HDR setting that needs adjusting.

Just a guess.. I really hope this doesn't turn into Lighting Patch 2.0 Xbox Edition..
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    How does one use the HDR? I have a 4k TV and Xbox One S.

@Rex-Umbra
    For more details I'd steer you here first:
    http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/02/xbox-one-s-4k-hdr/

It's a mix of TV first and then Xbox one S options.
    But the game if you have the two opens up HDR option.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't experienced any framerate problems worse than normal but the lighting seems to have improved slightly. It definitely looks different than before the patch, this is without hdr. I agree though that the menus seem smoother, overall it's an improvement from what I've seen so far.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Heh...got a chuckle out of that.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure your TV is set to 'Game' mode if applicable. ESO runs terrible without this mode selected on my Samsung Curved TV.
  • lucifon
    lucifon
    Soul Shriven
    To specify there's periods where it seems the game is far exceeding 30fps which I believe wasn't the case before? As far as I was aware it was a locked 30 previously. But the game also now appears to be dropping frames more frequently which creates stutters.
    jkolb2030 wrote: »
    Apparently you can adjust the HDR settings in the Xbox? I don't know for sure since I dont own one, but I'm guessing the frame drop while panning the camera could be associated with an HDR setting that needs adjusting.

Just a guess.. I really hope this doesn't turn into Lighting Patch 2.0 Xbox Edition..

You can only adjust hdr brightness. Can't even disable hdr from the game.
    Edited by lucifon on November 29, 2016 10:09PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this thread to the Xbox Support forum where it should be more helpful.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say after playing for a few hours without a 4K tv or without an Xbox one S the game has drastically changed the colors and lighting for the better. In doing so it seems the ambient occlusion and bloom effects were changed (if on PC) as well as the textures loading a lot slower than before.

When I talk to NPCs the lower quality texture takes around 5-8 seconds to load now

Perhaps the FPS ppl refer to are in areas that now pop more due to the enhancement quality.
    It's like we got a small visual enhancement update
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not playing on a one S but anytime ive had framerate issues on my elite, I clear the saved data and it seems to help. For me, it's a temporary fix, but its fast and maybe worth a shot?

Best of luck to ya tho!
  • lucifon
    lucifon
    Soul Shriven
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    I'm not playing on a one S but anytime ive had framerate issues on my elite, I clear the saved data and it seems to help. For me, it's a temporary fix, but its fast and maybe worth a shot?

Best of luck to ya tho!

It can't be that as the fps isnt limited to 30 anymore. It exceeds 30 in moments but drops in others. Basically it has higher highs but noticeably lower lows. It's much less consistent.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucifon wrote: »

Best of luck to ya tho!

It can't be that as the fps isnt limited to 30 anymore. It exceeds 30 in moments but drops in others. Basically it has higher highs but noticeably lower lows. It's much less consistent.

@lucifon

Can you link a source to this info about an FPS change please?

• lucifon
    lucifon
    Soul Shriven
    lucifon wrote: »

Best of luck to ya tho!

@lucifon

Can you link a source to this info about an FPS change please?

Just my eyes. I'm almost certain it's exceeding 30 unless something else odd is going on.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm OK cause now my experiences are like playing on a video card at 15 FPS in many fights but when it's peaceful, it doesn't exceed 30 for sure