Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Where next for ESO?

Jammaxx
Jammaxx
Soul Shriven
Be interested to hear the community's thoughts on where ESO goes from here.

We've had Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and now that we have had one Tamriel, where does the game go from here in terms of updates and new content?

Housing? Opening up new areas? What would you like to see?

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, they'll never do housing or open up new zones.

I think it's safe to assume they'll do what they said they'll do for the next DLC. Capes and pegasus-unicorns.
    Options
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    Deadric war-based DLCs and as the stroyline closes it will likely enter into the events which bring the 2nd age to a close. Also, battlegrounds.
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deadric war-based DLCs and as the stroyline closes it will likely enter into the events which bring the 2nd age to a close. Also, battlegrounds.

Aren't they planning to add a ClockworkArc to the storyline?

https://youtu.be/c-uymRXbFTk

The Clockwork City is about clocking in every day and working for The Man farming and refining mats. The logical evolution of the game IMHO.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see where the teased continuation storyline takes us. Let's fill in the map of Tamriel. Obviously Vvardenfell must become a reality.

A serious effort at class, skill, and gear balance. PvEers don't care because the mobs and bosses don't complain to ZOS lol, but the proc sets are a problem for PvP right now.
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

The Clockwork City is about clocking in every day and working for The Man farming and refining mats. The logical evolution of the game IMHO.

I really hope that gets added soon. That place looks amazing.
    Options
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This I hope.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to a new zone(s), hopefully Vvardenfell.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
    Options
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they finally add Jewelry crafting.
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    I really hope they finally add Jewelry crafting.

Ye, cos that wont be a nightmare to balance hehe

Vvardenfell rules :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next area is Vvardenfell, it was hinted at storywise in the Dark Brotherhood expansion.

Naryu Virian, after finishing up everything with her states that she'll be returning there and she will have a "reward" for us if we wish to get more than just a "kiss" as she gave my Dark Elf character. There was also hints at owning a house in brotherhood as one npc was hoping to sell this house once her mother passes away, but killing her doesn't open up any options for that yet. There's more clues here and there but I digress here.

The next dlc appears to be eso's equivalent of Hearthfire, but with the addition of including a new large area to explore too. This has been something players have been asking to do since beta, kinda glad that they are going to be finally adding it in.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see where the teased continuation storyline takes us. Let's fill in the map of Tamriel. Obviously Vvardenfell must become a reality.

A serious effort at class, skill, and gear balance. PvEers don't care because the mobs and bosses don't complain to ZOS lol, but the proc sets are a problem for PvP right now.

I don't get why people are always crying to nerf: if there's a set that you consider OP, instead of crying for it to be nerfed, how about getting such a set yourself? If you feel sorcs are OP, roll one yourself - you have 8 slots expandable to 10 . If you feel stam/or mag is OP, change over to the one that you think is OP... actually PLAY or USE that which you would like to see nerfed before asking for it to be done. You might find that it's not as over the top as you might think it is. But whatever the case, consider that people have invested of their time and money in the class/skill/set etc that people are asking to be removed or nerfed. It didn't just fall in people's laps.

As for Vvardenfell, if they bring that in, it will be a dream come true... the sooner the better. Its the one thing that will keep me in the game, which has become boring and repetitive by now.
    Options
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Just another note about proc sets: it takes a lot of experimenting and practicing with such a set to get it to the point that it procs enough to be useful. Please don't make me have wasted my time doing this, and btw, the proc sets are pretty darn fun - just try one out and see! I can't see it being very useful in PVP though, especially not in 1v1 duelling, bec there's always a chance that the thing WON'T proc, leaving you a sitting duck.
    Options
  • Wandering_Ashlander
    vvardenfell + necromancer class + PvP balance and goodies
    Options
  • Kriptiq
    Kriptiq
    Soul Shriven
    More Procc Sets pls!
    Options
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A different game is the next step.
    Options
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just another note about proc sets: it takes a lot of experimenting and practicing with such a set to get it to the point that it procs enough to be useful. Please don't make me have wasted my time doing this, and btw, the proc sets are pretty darn fun - just try one out and see! I can't see it being very useful in PVP though, especially not in 1v1 duelling, bec there's always a chance that the thing WON'T proc, leaving you a sitting duck.

That's not how it works friend. They proc all the time and it's all any of us are using these days. Come to Cyro and see for yourself, it's one shot city proc's of doom.
    Edited by Callous2208 on November 28, 2016 5:59PM
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't get why people are always crying to nerf: if there's a set that you consider OP, instead of crying for it to be nerfed, how about getting such a set yourself? If you feel sorcs are OP, roll one yourself - you have 8 slots expandable to 10 . If you feel stam/or mag is OP, change over to the one that you think is OP... actually PLAY or USE that which you would like to see nerfed before asking for it to be done. You might find that it's not as over the top as you might think it is. But whatever the case, consider that people have invested of their time and money in the class/skill/set etc that people are asking to be removed or nerfed. It didn't just fall in people's laps.

As for Vvardenfell, if they bring that in, it will be a dream come true... the sooner the better. Its the one thing that will keep me in the game, which has become boring and repetitive by now.

Because proc sets (like the ever popular Vipers Sting) are double procing and also procing off things such as weapon swap, bow light and heavy attacks, etc. ZOS has acknowledged something isn't right and they are looking into what's going on.
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they'll never do housing or open up new zones.

But there are still a lot of grayed-out areas/zones on the map needing to be opened up, though. Why would the areas be grayed-out if Zen/Bethesda have no intention to open up any more zones on the map?
    Options
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    A Dwemer Trial pleeeeeease!!!!!!!
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
    Options
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say people have invested time and money in sets which are currently broken, what about those that invested in sets which are now pretty useless against them because of a broken mechanic? Viper is broken atm, it should be fixed.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Dwemer Trial pleeeeeease!!!!!!!

I would love to see a Trial in a huge Dwemer city, and a Trial set on a Daedric Prince's plane of Oblivion.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would love to see the religions fleshed out, complete with quests, god-specific skill sets, and crusade battlefields.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to start opening up new areas on the map.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vardenfel would be a good place to open up :)
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Well since they probably won't ever giver us a necromancer...at least give us a mechamancer..take control of robots in the dwemer ruins.
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they can return making as good dlc's as IC and Orsinium. I mean rest of dlc's were fun and worth of money but not even close as good as first two.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    They need to start opening up new areas on the map.

This^^^ along with fixes and new content this game is in need of some content with some meat on the bones, these smaller more often dlc's are just not working out from a player point of view and seems to leave us wanting and waiting longer than before.
    Options