The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvE Stam Sorc build

JerzeeDevil
JerzeeDevil
✭✭✭
Wood Elf leveled up in the Imperial City sewers mainly. Not much questing.

Wearing 5 piece Spriggans including re-enchanted jewelry and 5 piece Briarheart armor, 2 Leki sharpened maces, also re-enchanted to increase weapon damage and poison, and a crafted bow sharpened w/crusher enchantment.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions on this little jammy?

jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x Night Mother's Gaze (x2 daggers and x3 armor), 5x Vicious Ophidian (2x armor 3x jewelery - I like Viper if you don't have VO, but there are lots of other choices), 2x Velidreth or Kra'gh - Velidreth is better with AOE or movement, while Kra'gh will be better in stationary single target. Maelstrom bow preferably, but if not any gold sharpened bow will do.

Spriggan is not great for PVE. Night Mother's Gaze is noticeably better, and even supports your group.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 28, 2016 3:06PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, Kutsuu!

I do run V.O. and NMG on my Redguard Stam Sorc, I was trying to see about a "penetration build". I can craft that, and need 1 more ring of V.O. for a second set. Maybe I should rethink it, but am just poking around with this idea.

Champion point load-out suggestions?

jerzeedevil.com

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE DPS, I normally use Jeckll's loadout. If you haven't found Tamrielfoundry yet, google it up and enjoy the treasure trove of great information. It's nothing remotely like these forums.

Template for 90 Champion Points:

Green – The Tower: 30 Warlord
    Red – The Lady: 14 Hardy, 14 Elemental Defender, 2 Thick Skinned
    Blue – The Ritual: 21 Mighty, 2 Precise Strikes, 7 Thaumaturge, 0 Piercing

Template for 225 Champion Points:

Green – The Tower: 45 Warlord // The Lover: 30 Mooncalf
    Red – The Lady: 35 Hardy, 35 Elemental Defender, 5 Thick Skinned
    Blue – The Ritual: 50 Mighty, 7 Precise Strikes, 17 Thaumaturge, 1 Piercing

Template for 315 Champion Points:

Green – The Tower: 75 Warlord // The Lover: 30 Mooncalf
    Red – The Lady: 50 Hardy, 50 Elemental Defender, 5 Thick Skinned
    Blue – The Ritual: 69 Mighty, 9 Precise Strikes, 24 Thaumaturge, 3 Piercing

Template for 561 CP

Green – The Tower: 99 Warlord // The Lover: 75 Mooncalf // The Shadow: 13 Tumbling
    Red – Lady: 78 Hardy, 78 Elemental Def, 21 Thick Skinned // The Lady: 10 Quick Recovery
    Blue – The Ritual: 100 Mighty, 42 Precise Strikes, 45 Thaumaturge
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 28, 2016 3:09PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    For PVE DPS, I normally use Jeckll's loadout. If you haven't found Tamrielfoundry yet, google it up and enjoy the treasure trove of great information. It's nothing remotely like these forums.

Template for 90 Champion Points:

Green – The Tower: 30 Warlord
    Red – The Lady: 14 Hardy, 14 Elemental Defender, 2 Thick Skinned
    Blue – The Ritual: 21 Mighty, 2 Precise Strikes, 7 Thaumaturge, 0 Piercing

Template for 225 Champion Points:

Green – The Tower: 45 Warlord // The Lover: 30 Mooncalf
    Red – The Lady: 35 Hardy, 35 Elemental Defender, 5 Thick Skinned
    Blue – The Ritual: 50 Mighty, 7 Precise Strikes, 17 Thaumaturge, 1 Piercing

Template for 315 Champion Points:

Green – The Tower: 75 Warlord // The Lover: 30 Mooncalf
    Red – The Lady: 50 Hardy, 50 Elemental Defender, 5 Thick Skinned
    Blue – The Ritual: 69 Mighty, 9 Precise Strikes, 24 Thaumaturge, 3 Piercing

Template for 561 CP

Green – The Tower: 99 Warlord // The Lover: 75 Mooncalf // The Shadow: 13 Tumbling
    Red – Lady: 78 Hardy, 78 Elemental Def, 21 Thick Skinned // The Lady: 10 Quick Recovery
    Blue – The Ritual: 100 Mighty, 42 Precise Strikes, 45 Thaumaturge

Thanks for that, and I will Google that build. Next question if you will humoUr me some more, all Attribute points into Stamina, or what would YOU suggest?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

JD
    jerzeedevil.com

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamsorc... I'd just want ~16k HP. If you have that all points in stam. I completed VMA with 16k on a stamsorc, but I definitely ate more RNG deaths than I do when I have 18k.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your gear is just fine for most 4 man stuff. Spriggans is actually really nice for unorganized 4 man groups where you might not have all the typical debuffs running. In a trial where you have people running sets like Night Mothers, Alkosh, Sunderflame, then spriggans with sharpened weapons becomes overkill on penetration.

Your first goal for PVP should absolutely be to get Vicious Ophidian. In organized raids, You usually just run the Jewelry for the minor slayer. When solo (VMA) or if you dont have great support, the 5 piece is amazing. Basically, you want 3 jewelry pieces and 2 armor pieces in divines (preferably head and shoulder if you want to swap out monster pieces).

Next you need to get some monster sets. I think there are 3 obvious ones, and all have merits: Kraghs, Velidreth, Stormfist. Kraghs seems to be the meta for most group stuff, Velidreth is great in VMA and PVP, and Stormfist is kind of the wild card for a stam sorc. Fear Turbo has some really impressive parses on Stormfist on stam sorc. It was pulling 5-6k DPS on some fights, which is a lot for a monster piece. Stormfist is unique as it does both lightening and physical damage, which screams stam sorc.

For me, I essentially run 3 basic types of loadouts on my stam sorc PVE.

VMA: I dont actually run VMA weapons (other than bow back bar) because things die too fast. You want 5 VO and a strong Proc set for your head and shoulders. I run 5 VO, 5 Nightmothers, 2 Velidreth. To do this, you run 2 Nightmothers sharp daggers to complete the 5 piece on your front bar. This basic setup is also about as good as you can do without VMA weapons, but Velidreth is not the best on long sustained fights. In VMA, it destroys things.

Max DPS: Here you run 3 VO (jewelry), 2 Monster set (3 Mentioned above), and anther 5 piece. In a raid, you want to make sure you have Night Mothers, Alkosh, and Sunderflame going. Often the tank/off tank runs Alkosh and Sunderflame, but they can be worn by DPS. Ones those are covered, then TBS becomes the best option IMO.

Solid DPS in non-optimal Raid/4-man: Here I dont bother with a monster set. I opt for 5 VO (sustain)/5 Nightmothers (penetration) and VMA weapons (damage). Whether this is better than the VMA loadout above is a tough call. I seem to run this loadout less and less.

• JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    This is my 2nd Stam Sorc, I do run V.O. and Night Mothers on it...This is an idea I am trying out, and am appreciating tips and pointers. It's an experiment so far...

PLEASE keep the ideas coming! :)
    jerzeedevil.com

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my 2nd Stam Sorc, I do run V.O. and Night Mothers on it...This is an idea I am trying out, and am appreciating tips and pointers. It's an experiment so far...

Nothing Like a good experiment. haha.

My only pushback is that briarheart is pretty overrated IMO. When it first came out, it was one of the most ridiculous grinds in the game. Everyone thought it was going to be the next great thing. The few people that managed to get it back then seemed to confirm that it wasnt worth the effort. I ran it for a bit on a my stamblade. It certainly works, but you wont break any DPS records. It was really desirable for the heal back when VMA was considered much harder on a stam toon, and before we had VO in jewelry. On a stam sorc, you got more heals than you could possibly need, and it's hard to recommended not running 3-5 pieces of VO if you have it.

As I said before, Spriggans is excellent for solo or pug runs. I have actually considered getting a set together. You want to figure out a way to get to about 18k of armor penetration. A good group will do a lot of it for you, but without the help, this is pretty nice. It's also really good against all the heavy armor stam users in Cyrodiil. For a magic user with a shield, its pretty useless as shields dont have armor values.
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭

Nothing Like a good experiment. haha.

My only pushback is that briarheart is pretty overrated IMO. When it first came out, it was one of the most ridiculous grinds in the game. Everyone thought it was going to be the next great thing. The few people that managed to get it back then seemed to confirm that it wasnt worth the effort. I ran it for a bit on a my stamblade. It certainly works, but you wont break any DPS records. It was really desirable for the heal back when VMA was considered much harder on a stam toon, and before we had VO in jewelry. On a stam sorc, you got more heals than you could possibly need, and it's hard to recommended not running 3-5 pieces of VO if you have it.

As I said before, Spriggans is excellent for solo or pug runs. I have actually considered getting a set together. You want to figure out a way to get to about 18k of armor penetration. A good group will do a lot of it for you, but without the help, this is pretty nice. It's also really good against all the heavy armor stam users in Cyrodiil. For a magic user with a shield, its pretty useless as shields dont have armor values.

I have multiple sets of Shield Breaker for PvP, might be another decent combo. Thanks for THAT idea now, too! :P
    jerzeedevil.com