Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nirncrux

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
I want to collect some so hopefully another crafter will make me some items to research for the trait

Where do I get nirn from?
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Craglorn
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    All over or upper/lower and what's it look like?
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn has a small chance to drop from wood/metal/clothing nodes in craglorn. It can also be found on animals that would drop hide scraps.

Having the plentiful harvest perk gives a tiny chance of finding two nirncrux.

It can be found all over craglorn (upper and lower). I believe (haven't checked since one tamriel arrived) some quests can reward items with the Nirn trait (ready for research).
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's correct, @Jim_Pipp ... one random piece of nirnhoned gear drops as a reward for completing the Craglorn zone main quest.

As for the nodes, nirncrux will drop rarely on wood/metal/clothing nodes and very rarely on animals that drop hides. There is a slightly better drop rate on crafting survey report nodes (wood/metal/clothing only). Note that ZOS expanded the drop area from Upper Craglorn only to all of Craglorn.

Good luck in your search!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Notes

Just finished the main.
    Grabbed well over 600 raw ore wood cloth and not one Nirn

The final sword was nirn, not a set piece (so no wearing) and could not be decon to get a nirn.

It could be tesearched... that's it.

Wondering why they made it purple.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    The crafting surveys is where I found most of my Nirncrux. But every now and then I'll find one in a clothing or ore node. Have never found one in animal hide (16 months of game play but not all of that in Craglorn lol)
    Edited by Delimber on November 21, 2016 3:32AM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delimber wrote: »
    Have never found one in animal hide (16 months of game play but not all of that in Craglorn lol)

I've had nirncrux drop on animals only twice in my Craglorn logged time in the game. One was on a welwa overland mob near the Mountain Overlook wayshrine. The other was on an animal mob inside the Dwemer ruin Rkhardarhk.

It's an extremely rare drop for sure ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 21, 2016 8:50AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potent drops are very very rare, fortified is not near as bad. I usually get 2 or 3 per farming session. I have 42 fortified and 6 potent, had 12 potent but I sold 6 yesterday. The drop rated lowered when they changed it to drop all over. Only got 1 ever from hide though. Best chance is ore, wood or cloth nodes.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 1 total in a year and a half but 3 last week. Never know. Two were from one node which was kind of amazing and the other was on an alt on the first node he ever harvested. ZOS's trolling game was strong on that one.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it awesome when you do find nirncrux.
    Edited by Delimber on November 23, 2016 1:57PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was doing more farming (now I'm doing more trials) I would farm Craglorn 1-2 hours a day about 3-4 days a week. On average, I would say I picked up 2-3 pieces of Nirn a week. Pretty rare, but it's there.
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    You know what gets me... aside from research, nirn is completely useless these days, but its still worth 20k ( potent). Even with crafted sets giving way to dropped.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Hey suter, if you Need some, just message me, i can craft you anything you need :-)

How's it going with your skill lines btw, are you able to get anc silk on your own already?

Its time for a 160cp gear, isnt it? ;-)
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nidro

Hey my friend.... im well past that now so you may be surprised!. Made my own CP160 in julianos and seducer, got around 1.1K of anc silk now and have been upgrading everything to purple. Ive maxed out BS, WW, Cloth and Prov

Got most light armour and the staffs to 8 trait (with nirn to go) as that's what I use.

• Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    that sounds very good mate !!

you're on a good way hehe - remembers me of my own struggle with first sets, maxing out traits :wink:

Tough, if u ever Need anything just pm me, im almost always online after work .

By the Way, the best sets right now are all drop sets, so if you wanna farm those i can help you out with some fast dungeon clears :-) (Monster Helmets are also an option nowadays for healers by the way)

Healer - White Gold Tower - 5x Spellpower Cure
    - 5x Wormcult for example as second Set (cant remember exactly where it Drops)
    - if possible a Monster Helmet Rkugamzs (Volenfell)

If you need nirn parts to analyse, msg me i can make them for you.. some people charging huge amounts of money for it in stores lol - ridicolous

Dont Forget to Level up the other trait types, heavy and middle armor once your done with light armor... one day you will need it

- Champion Rank 1080 -

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally found a use for nirncrux, I use it to prop the library door open :D
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nidro wrote: »
    that sounds very good mate !!

you're on a good way hehe - remembers me of my own struggle with first sets, maxing out traits :wink:

Tough, if u ever Need anything just pm me, im almost always online after work .

By the Way, the best sets right now are all drop sets, so if you wanna farm those i can help you out with some fast dungeon clears :-) (Monster Helmets are also an option nowadays for healers by the way)

Healer - White Gold Tower - 5x Spellpower Cure
    - 5x Wormcult for example as second Set (cant remember exactly where it Drops)
    - if possible a Monster Helmet Rkugamzs (Volenfell)

If you need nirn parts to analyse, msg me i can make them for you.. some people charging huge amounts of money for it in stores lol - ridicolous

Dont Forget to Level up the other trait types, heavy and middle armor once your done with light armor... one day you will need it

@Nidro Ok mate, lets hook up next time we are both free and do some dungeon runs. I promise I wont die every minute this time lol. I don’t mind tagging along with another party your in.

• Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Ok mate, today will be a problem, as i got to do some stuff in my new flat and later the day i will be in a trial.
    Hopefully tomorrow or at Thursday then :-)

See u ingame
    - Champion Rank 1080 -