The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possibly going to try out game again after 6 month break. Please advise.

lassitershawn
lassitershawn
✭✭✭✭✭
Addition of lots of new sets with jewelry and new veteran dungeons looks appealing in terms of build diversity so I'm going to give the game a try again. Hopefully I'll like it. Got a few questions for anyone to answer if they can.

I main mag DK and mag Sorcerer, but occasionally play on a stam NB. Where do these classes stand in PvP and PvE currently? I tank with my DK in PvE, so I assume that is still pretty good unless DKs have changed a lot.

As far as Sorc goes, what is optimal PvP and PvE gear? For PvP I liked dueling, 1vX, and small group. I think traits were changed, and I've heard sharpened is now best for all weapons in PvE and PvP. Is this true? I have a precise Maelstrom Inferno and I don't know if I should use this over a non-set/different set sharpened. Is Maelstrom Inferno still good anyways?

Poisons were just being introduced as I left, are they always better than enchantments or no? I figure some enchantments that give a good effect like disease would still be useful. Which poisons are best for Sorc in PvP and PvE? How expensive are poisons?

Have there been any major ability changes that affect me? I heard there are weapon ultimates now, is the destruction staff one good? Any new abilities I should watch out for in PvP?

Have racials been changed? My sorcerer is a Breton, and I would really hope it has been buffed to be comparable to Altmer but I really doubt it. I really don't want to race change but I will if it is necessary.

Is RNG still as trash? Seem to remember you could go forever without getting a divines shoulder or a sharpened staff. How long will it take me to get a BiS PvP and PvE set for one toon, assuming ~2 hours of play on weekdays and ~4 on weekends. Hopefully I'll still have some friends that can help show me the ropes of the new dungeons. I think I have around 500k gold, and some (not enough) gold mats stored up.

I know I could look all this up, but it would take a long time, so please answer some of my questions if you can :smiley: Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    MDKs are pretty much where they used to be-solid DPS in pve, strong group support dps
    in pvp, decent 1v1. Lack of class mobility makes vampirism desirable.

As far as mage sorcs go, not much changed either, aside the shield duration nerf.

Poisons aren't hugely prevailant, but they help customize your offense, defense and sustain, as well as help counter specific enemy strengths (resource cost poisons are faiy universal for pvp). I run enchants, generally, and use custom poisons only I need to take down a specific player.

Racials haven't changed all that much. Altmer and Dunmer (got 2% bonus to ele damage beside Fire) still hold the title of the best offensive caster. But I don't think that Breton is holding you back, unless you're an uncompromising minmaxer.

StamNBs, as always, are solid in pvp, their position reinforced by minor berserk's scaling with the now-FOTM damage proc sets (a sad page in ESO pvp history, if you ask me). Essentially, it can randomly burst a person down from near-100 to 0 in combat if the procs align. Definitely on the "watch out for" list.

Destro staff Ulti is really good, esp.considering the telegraph can be "hidden" in certain situations. 1h+shield Ulti is also pretty solid.

And yes, RNG is still a pain in the behind.

Hope this helped. Have fun!
    Edited by Still_Mind on November 29, 2016 10:12AM
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"