The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New player, First impressions

rteezy
rteezy
✭✭✭
So, after 2 hours in cyrodil being really lost and clueless here are my first impressions in eso pvp (have in mind i come from a competitive arena setting and have zero exp in eso, so my views are clearly biased and most likely wrong here and there, but hey i can always learn with feedback).

1-Break free, as a pvp cc breaker, could use a revamp and it seems to be clunky sometimes.BAsicly i feel that, for a stam toon, ur cc breaker shouldn't ALSO use ur dps "energy". The cost should put emphasis on fast breaks and/or proper choice of WHEN to break.For nwo it seems u will always break for as long as u have stamina. It doesnt seem to reward player skill or choice making whatsoever.It could also use a separate key bind form interrupt.

2-Cyrodil setting looks cool and interesting (even doe i still have no clue about most of it...wtf are thsoe scrolls for?! lol) BUT given the map size i think there should exist more conditions to where/why you should attack/defend a certain spot.So far, as far as i udnerstood by following gorup leaders orders" people tend to attempt to disrupt the "keeps/towers" conections to better control the spawns of the enemy faction sotheycan create an opportunity to repair and/or Push.Now, thats cool and all, but maybe creating some nodes in between towers/keeps that would give u NECESSARY buffs to move forward, requiring a better prioritisation of strategy points (outise of the midle ones).(or maybe they exist and i just dont know about it)

3-CLASSES/BUILDS Despite the necessity of having proc sets to have a chance (and i DONT disagree with proc sets, i think they add necessary depth to gear/build choices..BUT i do think some of them need to be reworked towards play/player skill level vs high reward) i think some classes/builds are somewhat unbalanced. Im all for good play=big reward kind of design.What i mean is, if a player has good awareness/skill/knowldge and pulls off good plays they should be rewarded (as in, with a big burst of damage and what not), but it seems that some classes require close to no brain activity to suceed.All u have to do is press the same 1-2-3 buttons and profit.For example, stam NBs, i understand they are glass cannons(or so it seems) and that they might lack defensives and survivability if caught in a snare/stun (like any leather/stealth mmo chracter ever created), but the damage output (sometimes literally a 2 shot) requires nothing form the player other then pressing buttons.No positioning, awareness or overall skill, jsut press ur buttons and u will do ALOT of damage in very few gcds. I dont mind stealth builds/class that can have a super high burst, BUT they need conditions to achieve that.Conditions that will rewards the players that fullfill them, and NOT reward thje players that fail at them. How? no clue, is till dont ahve enough knowledge or exp to formulate a valid sugestion, jsut talking from my own mmo pvp experience, i accept crazy high bursts WHEN then can EASILY be countered and are HARD to execute, making the balance revolve around the skill level of the players on both ends.If you get 2 shotted, well it was your faul AND your enemy played well.

Tank builds/classes somehow seem to be SUPER tanky (as in taking 10+ people on them) AND still have SOME kill potential, not solo probably but in small groups. Tanks+damage was NEVER good news in mmo pvp.

Damage reflect mechanics in a settign where you can, at a given time have dozens of players hitting you also seem to need to eb looked at, like that templar bubble thingy.Even though, as far as i was explained, it really only hurts if they do it right (buffs, hp % etc) AND it requires people to mindlessly attack into them.

Finally, CC/STuns/Knockbacks.I think they need a diminish return system.If u cant break free because ur low on stamina or jsut used it and ur cc immunity is off it seems like u can eb stunned and knockdown in a chain.I also think we neeed less snares and more reliable slows.

I also noticed that, it seems that weapon swap sometimes have some weird behaviour with abilities not going off, or you getting buffs you shouldnt. I might be wrong but it looked like it
sometimes.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Cyrodiil, you pretty much just nailed all the bad aspects of the game (pvp wise) that anyone coming from an MMO with a good combat system instantly picks out... its a fun game, but it needs some work.
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    i accept crazy high bursts WHEN then can EASILY be countered and are HARD to execute, making the balance revolve around the skill level of the players on both ends.If you get 2 shotted, well it was your faul AND your enemy played well.

So if its easy for you to defend but hard for me to execute that is balanced?
    Hmm think again.

Other than that some fair comments, especially on tanks + damage.

// DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>