The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spinners with julianos

superleeds19
superleeds19
✭✭
For my mag sorc Im considering running 5 piece spinners with 5 julianos but I'm considering wether this is too much? It would be mainly for pvp.

I know this could be massive dps but my main concern is resource management so was thinking the last piece could be chokethorn or shadowerend for the magicka recovery

What's your thoughts?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried it. There's no sustain in that setup, and you can't wear a two piece monster set. It's terrible.

With the witches brew and atronach Mundus stone, the health was too low (21K = one shot range for night blades. Every single *** time.) and you're out of magicka constantly. That's a recipe for getting vaporized in the field.

You need a sustain set as a magicka sorc. Pickup something like seducer, lich, or warlock. Whatever. Take your pick, they all work. It sucks but our costs are too high not to have one.

I prefer Julianos for DPS, since you can boost penetration with CP (to 2500 without trying hard) but not spell damage or crit. Some people like kags because of the health (no more one shot deaths) and extra regen. Some people swear by spinner for the extra max magicka and spell penetration. Others do great with burning spell weave (using a fire staff, force pulse and heavy attack proc even more damage than Julianos or Kags). Martial knowledge is really good too.

Edited by Minalan on November 27, 2016 8:01PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be horrible sustain. Try spinner or julianos on your destro staff bar, and lich on your back bar. It's a perfect balance of damage and sustain. Also, all damage glyphs.