The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The devs should really watch this entire video, its spot on whats wrong with the game at the moment.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEkbnOSEwrI

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert etc etc SPOT ON!

Heres a summary of the videos content, thanks @GreenSoup2HoT

• 0:00-5:00 - Fengrush talks about the top 10 reasons to play article ZOS liked. Sums up how PvP is never mentioned.

• 5:00-8:10 - Fengrush discusses proc sets and how we used to have small percentage based proc sets and now we have crazy high percentage proc sets with very high burst damage (Velidrith, Tremorscale, Selene, Grotharr (not burst but very good in zerg play). All 10% or more). Needs to be toned down.

• 8:10-11:40 Fengrush talks about cryodill and how the dynamic of pvp plays out. Its either Zerg or Ganking. Pvp has resorted to only taking Emp keeps and a lot of the map is not used. Towns/IC district capture is just flag capture and didn't hit the mark for the small-scale minority. Its either 1-2 people or zergs taking Towns/Districts.

• 11:40-12:18 Fengrush talks about One Tamriel/Undaunted and how zos nailed it. Was an amazing patch.

• 12:20-15:50 Fengrush talks about the new sets. He talks about how you can wear 5/5/2 setups and be given insane stats. He discusses un-kill-able templars in large groups against solo/small-scale and how hard you need to use broken meta setups to be competitive in pvp. He also talks about campaigns/Imperial City population and lag.

• 15:50-17:32 Fengrush talks about Nightblades ganking. Stealth one shot ganking is an issue. He talks about the history of 1 shot imbalances with Camo Hunter, Snipe in older patches. Now its Viper and we have the same issue. He also mentions how you can spec a ton of damage and hit players with the Assassination ultimate for 14k damage (a screen shot deltia captured shown). Claims there is no counter-play to this insane high burst. Basically saying pvp is insane burst, un-kill-able heavy builds, shield stackers and that's it. No real in-between setups, everything has been homogenized to these types of builds because of poor balance and lack of set diversity.

• 17:32-19:19 Fengrush discusses lack of counter-play being introduced patch after patch. Discusses the end of 1vX gameplay. Discusses how pvp used to have satisfying gameplay but now pvp does not feel satisfying anymore. Feng discusses how cp was more of the core issue months ago but now its mostly gear set related (cp still being an issue). Fengrush talks about why people resort to ganking and why its so hard to play solo/small-scale.

• 19:19-20:54 Fengrush discusses the new sets and how 5/5/2 setup's have impacted the game. He discusses how these setups make it impossible to combat larger groups against uneven odds. He then discusses how he is inclined to use utility builds and abusive root/snare spamming abilities to tackle large groups (mentions why isn't there root immunity in the game).

• 20:55-22:27 Fengrush mentions the Destro ultimate will most likely get tweaked but become worthless. Mentions Viper will probably get nerfed as well and also become worthless. He discusses how some classes can completely neglect regen (most notably because of dark deal and battleroar/redguard dks).

• 22:30-23:45 Fengrush talks about how pvp is all zergs. Showcases a picture of a 40 man zerg doing whats called PvD (player vs door). Mentions we need new incentives and a new pvp group model potentially (example only 12 man groups aloud).

• 22:50-24:33 Fengrush talks about dueling and how its not good. He talks about how players do everything they can do to gain an advantage by using resource poisons and changing cp points before a duel. Dueling is filled with meta chasing and is not something that fits that competitive scene players are looking for with dueling. Proposes Dueling needs Rules.

• 24:35-27:32 Feng discusses how only a small section of Cryodill is used. Its ring around the rosy for emp keeps. He proposes that we need something more for Cryodill. We need less zergs and more 1vX/Small-scale pvp being enforced/encouraged.

• 27:32-33:00 Fengrush discusses Dynamic Ultimate generation and how it needs to be returned. Feng comments on ZOS_Rich stating it was broken and he agrees with him. He showcases a video of when it was broken and proposes we get a new tweaked Dynamic Ultimate generation. He talks about how Zergs are being encourages and we keep loosing counter-play mechanics. He talks about how balance is never small balance changes and always massive changes. Eso never gets small tweaks to balance ability damage or sets, etc on a by weekly bases but only every month or 2 which is bad.

• 33:00-33:53 Feng talks about Battlegrounds and how its not what pvp players really want. He discusses how we really want a better Cryodill. He doesn't want terrible rewards for battlegrounds or cryodill end of campaign rewards.

• 34:00-41:20 Feng does an overview of what he has talked about. Talks about pvp as a whole and what we see today and some fixes that would make the pvp environment better. Mentions console players lag (Its true its bad. Ps4 player here). Feng goes off on ZOS for not utilizing the pvp community for help on balance changes. Discusses why would ZOS let the destro ultimate be un-block-able. Mentions hes sort of hopeful for the future, he hopes we get big balance changes. Feng finally ends his video talking about stealth ganking and believes it needs a revamp.

Edited by olsborg on November 28, 2016 1:36AM

PC EU
PvP only
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When faced with multiple attackers, try using encase or rune prison to even the odds.

But seriously, don't agree with everything but its true, cyrodiil has been reduced to inner keep zerging, snares/CC are a *** show, and 1vX is as good as dead (which is a shame too, since 1vX was one of the BEST parts of this game in the beginning).

The upside? DC brutally threw down last campaign TF-NA for a glorious victory.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a L2P issue to me.
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel and Fengrush are on the same side. Both want the game to be fun for people playing pvp. But this is a hard thing to achieve. It is always easier to be the guy complaining than the guys that actually have to fix it and both of them know it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone at ZOS is prob gonna take this vid down since Feng sais the F word a few times^^

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »
    Wrobel and Fengrush are on the same side. Both want the game to be fun for people playing pvp. But this is a hard thing to achieve. It is always easier to be the guy complaining than the guys that actually have to fix it and both of them know it.

When you have problems that you don't know how to deal with what do you do? You ask around. I'm sure that if ZOS was co-operating with the community then stuff will be much better. 41 minute video to touch on the problems in PvP. That just tells you that something is really wrong. I support ZOS and I know they work hard, but I also know that they can be more effective and do better.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you have problems that you don't know how to deal with what do you do? You ask around. I'm sure that if ZOS was co-operating with the community then stuff will be much better. 41 minute video to touch on the problems in PvP. That just tells you that something is really wrong. I support ZOS and I know they work hard, but I also know that they can be more effective and do better.

Agree, altho ZOS can and should be alot more effective and do alot better, how they could let the meta turn into this in the first place is tragic, and Feng also touches on that fact, when ZOS "breaks" something, they spend 4 months fixing it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO Fengrush is being a bit too harsh in some cases. He says the flags in Imperial City are a failure and don't attract any pvp, but every time I go into Imperial City there is pvp going on at the flags in various districts. I think those flags are a good start - a trial that worked out ok and needs to be expanded on. Maybe introduce some new pvp-based crafted sets that can only be crafted when your alliance controls the crafting stations, idk. Lots of possibilities.

I also think changing DD procs to dots is going to cause other issues - such as imbalance between those who can easily cleanse and those who can't - not to mention adding even more dots to break cloak (even though cloak is supposed to suppress dots). I'm dusting off my magplar and stamplar... this along with the huge buffs to DK dots that Wrobel promised is going to make purges even more valuable than they are now.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 27, 2016 2:28PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH sums up perfectly what i think about the game at the moment.

BUT I also think that even if we did not have all those changes for the worse the game would not be that much different in terms of player mentality Xv1, outnumbering ganking, stealth etc pp.
    In every game i´ve played offering open pvp it has evolved (or rather deteriorated) in this direction - the only thing different in eso is the developers actively encouraging players (nerfing/removing mobility for all classes and builds while also creating new options for instant burst dmg, removing all sorts of counterplay - basically everything and a few additions that are discussed in the video).

At this point in time people who stuck to the game either got gud or they´ve adapted in some other form to not be cannonfodder while in cyrodiil. They´re ganking or running in giant zergs and they´d be doing exactly the same freaking thing if we did not have:
    proccsets,
    destro ult,
    poisons,
    we´d stil had bowspeed,
    dynamic ulti,
    a shared immunity for snares and roots,
    reworked stealth with pros and cons,
    no streak nerfs,
    no reflect nerfs,
    a champion system with actual choices,
    and whatever else you can think of that makes for crappy gameplay.

They´d still be doing everything they could to win and they would have gotten better at that at this point in time into the game because loosing sucks. And it sucks even more if you loose while also getting taught the lesson that you´re bad at the game you´re supposed to enjoy -that there´s people that good that they can basically toy with you and kill you at will. Or when you have three or more friends around and they´re alone.
    The solution to loosing in open pvp if you´re at the point where getting gud is not an option for whatever reason is and will always be: bring more people.

And that´s what we see every day in cyrodiil.

Don´t get me wrong i think the game could be much more enjoyable for everyone playing it if the things adressed got actually worked on. But i don´t think we´d have a different community or different underlying problems of player behavior because open pvp lacks any form of regulation for this.
    Edited by Derra on November 27, 2016 3:10PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When everyone can be a house, it comes down to numbers", "People just put up block and wait for reinforcements"

PvP meta since Dark Brotherhood in a nutshell. All the ridiculous new gear options they added with 1T are just icing on the cake, really.

Maybe Im the only one, but for me personally it really started going downhill after DB hit, with all the stupid heavy armour buffs that were done with that update.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    IMO Fengrush is being a bit too harsh in some cases. He says the flags in Imperial City are a failure and don't attract any pvp, but every time I go into Imperial City there is pvp going on at the flags in various districts. I think those flags are a good start - a trial that worked out ok and needs to be expanded on. Maybe introduce some new pvp-based crafted sets that can only be crafted when your alliance controls the crafting stations, idk. Lots of possibilities.

Nah, I think for the most part he was talking about the flags in towns (Cyrodiil). Which is true. If I see a town under attack I simply don't give a crap. Just follow the ring around the middle, because that's where a majority of the player base will be.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's time for PvP armour. Maybe just in battlegrounds only, idk.
    PC EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    "When everyone can be a house, it comes down to numbers", "People just put up block and wait for reinforcements"

PvP meta since Dark Brotherhood in a nutshell. All the ridiculous new gear options they added with 1T are just icing on the cake, really.

Maybe Im the only one, but for me personally it really started going downhill after DB hit, with all the stupid heavy armour buffs that were done with that update.

Pretty much this. Then with the addition of proc sets, heavy armor players were like "Wait, now I can have burst and mitigation? So long medium. It was nice knowing you".
    Bracing should have never been replaced by Wrath, and proc sets should never existed. Heavy Armor needed to stay as a defensive build, not defensive with 20k burst.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Nah, I think for the most part he was talking about the flags in towns (Cyrodiil). Which is true. If I see a town under attack I simply don't give a crap. Just follow the ring around the middle, because that's where a majority of the player base will be.

Yeah that's true, I mean personally I love non-laggy small scale fights so I do go to the towns when they are on fire or are not owned by my faction but I know most people just follow the zergs. Every time I go near the clash points, it reminds me of DAOC coast guards. I wonder if there really is a solution for that when much of the problem is the people themselves. They are taking the path of least resistance and tend to be absolutely terrified of dying, so they follow the zergs and stay close to each other. I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I would "fix" those people in Zenimax's shoes but come up short.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fengrush has so much more common sense than Wrobel it isn't funny. It doesn't take a genius to take a look at tremor scale and viper and say 'this is ridiculous, fix it'. He called it out a long time ago. Even made a video. They didn't listen.

As for 'asking around' they do that every update, it's called the PTS forums. Again, we told them that these things were broken and over the top. Nothing changed. I don't know how we can be any more obvious. Last patch there were a thousand malubeth threads, a bunch of people even renamed their characters 'nerf malubeth already' and some were crowned emperor. I don't know how much more *** obvious we can be and they still don't listen.

In the end, some fool at ZOS thought that they knew better than the rest of us, and they put these sets in and made these changed regardless.

Anyone remember Wrobel's "Sorc Change" thread? These changes are all conscious choices, not a series of accidents. Stop giving ZOS more credit than they deserve when they do a terrible job.
    Edited by Minalan on November 27, 2016 4:46PM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They arent advertising anything falsely I'll give them that.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    They arent advertising anything falsely I'll give them that.

Which is why they don't advertise Cyrodiil
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS clearly have no idea what to do in PvP so all they need to do is to speak to a few prominent members of the community on ways to improve it.

Get people to put their names forward, the PvP forum community then votes for members of the group to represent them.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's pretty much all true . None of it would be as bad if we didn't have to wait four months for a fix . That's just too much time . If a costume has a visual bug it is put up as top priority game breaker . That's how backwards management is here .
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's pretty much all true . None of it would be as bad if we didn't have to wait four months for a fix . That's just too much time . If a costume has a visual bug it is put up as top priority game breaker . That's how backwards management is here .

Agreed. If they would fix stuff faster they could maybe somehow adress underlying problems and not revamp the game once a year.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, the heavy armor buff was over the top to say the least. What needs done is something like:

Remove wrath or remove the ability to use shuffle unless you have 5 medium armor slotted (same for the other armor skills) or both. The constitution passive is also a tad op especially if youre using blackrose.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Agreed. If they would fix stuff faster they could maybe somehow adress underlying problems and not revamp the game once a year.

What comes to mind first when talking about their "swiftness" at fixing gameplay bugs is: Wrobel confirmed on ESO live show that nirnhoned was bugged and wasnt supposed to give ppl that much spell resist, he then proceeded to say it would be fixed in the next major update...5 months later it was fixed. WTF @Wrobel

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

What comes to mind first when talking about their "swiftness" at fixing gameplay bugs is: Wrobel confirmed on ESO live show that nirnhoned was bugged and wasnt supposed to give ppl that much spell resist, he then proceeded to say it would be fixed in the next major update...5 months later it was fixed. WTF @Wrobel

At least that one is fixed... 2+ years in and we're all still waiting for the in-combat fix!

ZOS really is an awful company when it comes to fixing issues... never seen anything like it tbh.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not care because they think we do not make them money.

Maybe they are right. I unsubbed a long time ago and I'm not going to buy an Alliance themed mount.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not care because they think we do not make them money.

Maybe they are right. I unsubbed a long time ago and I'm not going to buy an Alliance themed mount.

Me too but I can make them money if they fixed stuff faster and gave me a reason too . I still buy things on sale but I would dump a whole lot more if things were at least talked about by ZOS and a vision was out there somewhere .

Sir FENGRUSH has pretty much pointed out the biggest flaw . Vision . ZOS needs one for Cyrodiil . Not just leave it an after thought and the last place to throw in fixes .

I know I act poor and like a penny pincher but I do have money and spend a lot on games that work and have good support when they don't . I just bought a really nice laptop to enjoy things here more . I was planning on spending a lot during the holiday too here but I just can't justify that knowing the money probably is not going to what's most important game play to me .
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As painful as it is to admit, given how enjoyable PvP has been in the past, @FENGRUSH is on the mark with pretty much everything he brings up.
    • Cyrodiil is a small circle around IC. If you go anywhere else you'll be bored out of your mind. If you go into the loop then you'll get zerged down. You go with the zergs then the lag will be so bad that you'll pull your hair out.
    • As he says - AoE caps aren't much of an issue anymore. Why? Because every group that you come up against is so tanky that it wouldn't matter if you hit every one of them for full damage - they're going to eat your damage and then eat you.
    • There is no support whatsoever for non-zerg gameplay - dynamic ulti was a (albeit unbalanced) mechanic that gave you at least one advantage over the larger group. Okay, so play in a larger group or avoid the zergs? Refer back to point one.
    • Patches add new broken things - 3/4 month minimum until you get any kind of fix (unless it has an effect outisde of PvP) as part of the next major update. Oh, look - more new broken things. I really can't understand why it isn't possible to have small balance patches every month or so.

It's a mess
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, the heavy armor buff was over the top to say the least. What needs done is something like:

Remove wrath or remove the ability to use shuffle unless you have 5 medium armor slotted (same for the other armor skills) or both. The constitution passive is also a tad op especially if youre using blackrose.

Breaking heavy armor again is not the answer. The reason heavy armor was buffed was because it was useless before. Medium is still just as good as heavy if you build correctly - it has a mobility orrientation. You get high flat damage, lots of crit, flat stam regen, dodge and run speed, and if you sacrifice offensive stats you can still take a pounding. Heavy is a lot more contingent on remaining in combat and getting pounded on for offensive bonuses. Before you could sit in medium and be able to take more damage and deal more damage than heavy, because damage and crit also contribute heavily to healing. Yes, black rose is a good set, but it isnt game breaking.

The problem is not heavy armor, the problem is you have class abilities that compound with heavy armor that make certain classes stupid tanky (which is why most dedicated groups now run templars and dks).
    Edited by Cathexis on November 27, 2016 8:43PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Breaking heavy armor again is not the answer. The reason heavy armor was buffed was because it was useless before. Medium is still just as good as heavy if you build correctly - it has a mobility orrientation. You get high flat damage, lots of crit, flat stam regen, dodge and run speed, and if you sacrifice offensive stats you can still take a pounding. Heavy is a lot more contingent on remaining in combat and getting pounded on for offensive bonuses. Before you could sit in medium and be able to take more damage and deal more damage than heavy, because damage and crit also contribute heavily to healing. Yes, black rose is a good set, but it isnt game breaking.

The problem is not heavy armor, the problem is you have class abilities that compound with heavy armor that make certain classes stupid tanky (which is why most dedicated groups now run templars and dks).

Heavy was not useless at all, it reduced block cost and provided substantial armour numbers versus light armour. My Templar has worn it in various builds for the last 3 years and I've never had a complaint about it.

Now it's just stupidly OP, just like the proc sets they put in to combat it. Combine the 2 and that is now the meta. They managed to break the game in 2 ways by listening to forum cry babies and totally ignoring people like me who said heavy was fine.

To be fair though, constitution could have had a significant buff but only if Black Rose was changed to provide no extra stamina and spell/weapon damage but I still would have found it unnecessary on most of my HA builds where I only used it for the extra protection and reduced block cost.
    PC EU
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cathexis wrote: »

Heavy was not useless at all, it reduced block cost and provided substantial armour numbers versus light armour. My Templar has worn it in various builds for the last 3 years and I've never had a complaint about it.

Now it's just stupidly OP, just like the proc sets they put in to combat it. Combine the 2 and that is now the meta. They managed to break the game in 2 ways by listening to forum cry babies and totally ignoring people like me who said heavy was fine.

To be fair though, constitution could have had a significant buff but only if Black Rose was changed to provide no extra stamina and spell/weapon damage but I still would have found it unnecessary on most of my HA builds where I only used it for the extra protection and reduced block cost.

Heavy sucked, bad. It needed resource managment treatment, thats it. ZOS, while being as subtle as a sledgehammer, hit it with resource managment (needed), HP bonus(had but half), flat healing received, and bonus damage equivalent of 8% most medium builds(wtf).

Why? Because. Why adjust when you can completely rework.

Btw, why doesnt BR increase the health regen bonus? Its part of constitution.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with him on most points but disagree on 3.

1. 1vx. No class should be allowed to 1vx. 1vx does not equal balance. If your skill level is so good that you can 1vx potatoes, fine, whatever. If that's what floats your boat and you enjoy great. However, This game should not be about 1vx so that streamers can boost their egos, make more money, and promote highlight reels. (Not saying he does that but I know some streamers that are like that). All classes need to be balanced so 1vx becomes nearly impossible. unless your fighting potatoes 1vx shouldn't be possible. in a properly balanced scenerio, a 1vxer would die everytime. You know what's more annoying than stamina ganking nbs? 1vxers running around rocks, cat walking under Alyssia bridge, blazing shield 77k builds, or sorc shield stacking builds bunny hopping in Alyssia bridge cubby hole. That's not skill that's trolling.

2. Stealth. He's not separating magicka nb from stamina nb. He's not thinking about the implications of what a nerf or change to stealth would mean for magicka. I agree that stamina nb is problematic. However, In the current meta, magicka nb are In a tough spot. Nerf stealth/cloak and you've just killed magicka nbs. There are too many counters to stealth and cloak as is and he proposes more or significant change in a negative way. His rhetoric implies all nbs are problematic. We magicka rely on stealth and magicka to survive.

3. Proc sets. I don't believe proc sets are as big of a problem as people are making them out to be. I agree, the percentages are too high for some and some need to be reworked. But there are a lot of proc sets that are fine. A lot of proc sets are fun to play and theory craft with. Focus on the problem child's like he mentioned but leave the others alone. I hope ZOS takes a descretionary approach and looks at each individually rather than a 1 size fits all nerf. I run a dps build that counters proc sets fairly well. Is it a perfect solution? No. Do I still die to procs? Yes. But I hold my own and procs don't bug me because I do a good job of mitigation and countering. Why is it so hard for others to do the same? I think people have migrated to tank builds because they can't think outside the box on figuring out ways to mitigate proc sets. I guess I'll be in a good spot when they get nerfed.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Pretty much this. Then with the addition of proc sets, heavy armor players were like "Wait, now I can have burst and mitigation? So long medium. It was nice knowing you".
    Bracing should have never been replaced by Wrath, and proc sets should never existed. Heavy Armor needed to stay as a defensive build, not defensive with 20k burst.

And yet we have heal on damage and regen on damage.
    That is no less broken.

All we need is a 100% proc chance to deal damage, heal and raise a damage shield for the failure to be complete.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 27, 2016 10:23PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited