The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to stop auto login on steam version?

milocricket
As the title says, how do I stop the game from automatically logging in, my family and I share the same computer and don't wish to waste 60 GB of hard drive space for another account.
  • milocricket
    I forgot to mention, I already unlinked my steam account from it and have completely reinstalled ESO to no avail.
  • YaoiSenpai
    YaoiSenpai
    Soul Shriven
    How did you unlink your accounts because I need me accounts unlinked. I posted i asked contact support question but they havent responded yet
  • Schattenspiel
    @milocricket I would suggest starting the ESO launcher from outside of Steam.

Instructions for Windows OS

Right click on your ESO:TU name in your Steam Library, and select Properties from the context menu.
    Then go to the Local Files tab and click on Browse Local Files...
    You should now have an open window in a path like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online
    Open the Launcher sub-folder, and look for the file named Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
    You can either double-click this file to start the launcher, or you can right-button drag it to your desktop create a shortcut.

This is how I start ESO without the Steam Link. :)
    Edited by Schattenspiel on November 24, 2016 6:38AM
  • Schattenspiel
    I had another thought on this. Perhaps you can make separate Steam accounts for each family member, and then you can set your main Steam account to share your library with your other family accounts. Finally, each Steam account can then have its own link to ESO, respectively. :)
  • milocricket
    YaoiSenpai wrote: »
    How did you unlink your accounts because I need me accounts unlinked. I posted i asked contact support question but they havent responded yet

You have to go to Bethesda's website and login with your bethesda account.

Right click on your ESO:TU name in your Steam Library, and select Properties from the context menu.
    You should now have an open window in a path like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online
    Open the Launcher sub-folder, and look for the file named Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
    You can either double-click this file to start the launcher, or you can right-button drag it to your desktop create a shortcut.

I did actually try this but it did not make a difference.

I decided upon just downloading ESO twice. It takes up 60 more GB than it should, but whatever. Thanks for your help though!
  • Schattenspiel
    YaoiSenpai wrote: »

You have to go to Bethesda's website and login with your bethesda account.

I did actually try this but it did not make a difference.

I decided upon just downloading ESO twice. It takes up 60 more GB than it should, but whatever. Thanks for your help though!

What about the alternate Steam account approach?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you want to log in with steam tho ? Then all your steam friends can see you are in game ready for fun .
  • Schattenspiel
    Why wouldn't you want to log in with steam tho ? Then all your steam friends can see you are in game ready for fun .

I believe he has one Steam account, but multiple ESO accounts for family. Steam will only link one-to-one, and will not let them access the other ESO accounts.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe he has one Steam account, but multiple ESO accounts for family. Steam will only link one-to-one, and will not let them access the other ESO accounts.

Oh I see . Nevermind I read it backwards .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on November 25, 2016 7:34PM