The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Deconstruction - Extraction probabilities.

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
Does anyone have any statistics on the probability of extracting a trait stone from a piece of gear with a trait.
I know that this will vary by the type of gear:
* Mob dropped gear / chests / containers.
* Gear crafted by self.
* Gear crafted by other / alt.
* Stolen gear
* Non-stolen but valueless gear.

I ask because I have two alts with developed crafting skills. One of them left behind multiple sets of training gear on his way to championship rank.
It has been a moving target as he was learning more and more traits along the way. The early gear is with lower level sets. I have passed on the gear to other alts as they also train their way to level 50. I am now wondering if I should deconstruct some of the gear to craft it again as a higher level set. Whether I do so can depend on the probability of getting the emeralds back if I deconstruct the gear. I accept there will be some lost of trait stones but knowing the probability will help me know if the rate of loss is acceptable for it to be worthwhile.

Both my crafters have maxed extraction passives.
Edited by carljokl on September 19, 2016 2:05PM
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trait stones are the cheapest things in the game, no need to game for them.

I look at it this way, if I have a mule to store things on, I keep them for Alts. In fact, I have full sets of gear for my Alts from L1 all the way to CP100 for leveling purposes. I think L1, L4, L10, L20, L40, CP10, CP70 and CP100 is what I have. The L1 was an exploration set, and I think I deconned that when it went to Prosperous (and it was Purple too, I am swimming in those)

Reason, you get so little of the Tempers back that is why deconning stuff you make is not worth it from a value standpoint, unless you have no storage space.

Now, I make my gear Blue or Purple, as I am keeping it. But, if your only making it to Green, then the loss of one Temper does not suck.

As for what you get back, informal testing shows me, that I get back the Trait items on almost everything I make, along with 1 of the Tempers and about 1/3 to 1/2 the mats used. As long as I use the crafter who made it. Alts tend to be more along the lines of Mob Loot with about a 50% return.

Edited by Nestor on November 1, 2016 2:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • KiritoUD
    KiritoUD
    I think its a 30% change but im not to sure.
    Guild=Brotherhood of Merchants
    Gamertag=Kirito UD
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like from my own searching I don't think the Metal Extraction trait has any impact on the chance of extracting items from deconstructed gear.

It just looks like it changes refining statistics albeit not the amount of metal itself but the extra items that can be extracted:
    http://gamerreports.com/eso-how-does-metal-extraction-affect-ore-refining-yield/
    Particularly the improvement tempers. The statistics are a couple of years old so might not be accurate anymore. Still it is a rough guide.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade