The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Graphics setting shared across devices, PC/Mac

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I play ESO on multiple different Macs. Two are capable of running the game on the high graphics settings, but one isn't, so I use it infrequently on medium settings. Is there an option somewhere to ensure that each device has its own saved graphics settings? At the moment, if I change the setting to medium on the slower Mac, my settings automatically change (reduce) when I play again on a faster Mac.

I have a suspicion that my Mac setup might be responsible - but wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and had a solution.

Minor issue, but a little annoying at times :smile:

Best Answer

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the game is installed on each machine. Think I have found the culprit though - all my documents are stored in the cloud, which seems to include the text file with my saved settings, thereby making them universal.

Oh well, at least I know.
    Answer ✓
  • Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

You're playing on 3 different machines, but where is your game ? On an external hard drive ?
    If it is there, it's normal that each time you link it to another PC, it's gonna analyze your system to put the "basic" performances and settings.
    Edited by Lord Valar on November 23, 2016 9:43AM
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure he has installed it on all those machines.
    I don't know how I did it but I have games installed at work and home. Both have different graphic settings.
    Edited by Lolssi on November 22, 2016 12:34PM
  • Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    all my documents are stored in the cloud, which seems to include the text file with my saved settings, thereby making them universal.

Yes, that's it.
    I didn't think of this way to play, does it works fine ? No lags (I mean more than normal ^^ ) and no FPS drops ?
    Just need a good internet connection maybe, to read all files while playing ?
    Edited by Lord Valar on November 23, 2016 9:43AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it works fine - addon settings and user settings port across machines just fine. No delays or drops - I am running at around 30gig upload and maybe 10gig download on average, taking wifi etc into account. The only challenge is the one I mentioned - one of my less used macs can't handle the number of addons and the graphics settings I have on my usual machine. Not a big deal - just need to remember to switch settings at logon.