The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Copy/pasting non-Steam patch and updates in Steam folder?

dreddurius
dreddurius
✭✭✭
Hi all. As the title states, I'd like to know if this is a possibility. I've recently invited a friend to play ESO. He bought the game via Steam and is now about to finish the base 56.9 GB download. From what I've read, the launcher will apply another 30-or-so GB after this download (do correct me if I'm mistaken).

Would it be possible for me to just copy/paste my non-Steam ESO patch/update files to his steamapps/Zenimax Online/ folder? We live in a place where 1-2mbps is the norm for internet speeds unfortunately. The base game download alone took 3 days. If this is possible, what folders/files are involved here?

Thanks for the assistance.
Edited by dreddurius on November 23, 2016 5:12AM
CAN I HAZ UR STUFF?
  • CoachPower
    CoachPower
    ✭✭✭
    Hello :smile:

I just completed the initial 56.GB download, and the only updates that are needed are about 300MB overall.

Might be a bit late, but I hope this helps.
    DC-EU-PC

Coach-Power - Magicka Sorcerer with mediocre DPS - PvP/PvE
    Eternal-Envy - Magicka Templar - DD
    -Sookie Northman - Magicka Nightblade - DD
    Eva the Whipmistress - Magicka Dragonknight - DD
    Having-A-Bad-Time - Magicka Templar - Healer
    Lady Mormont - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank
    Resolute

• dreddurius
    dreddurius
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @CoachPower . I guess I was reading outdated info. The game kicked in soon after. Thanks :smiley:
    CAN I HAZ UR STUFF?