Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone explain how mats drop for lvl 10-49?

Tomg999
Tomg999
✭✭✭✭
I searched, believe me, but I am still confused.
"All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank."

'Or' is not a very clear word to use in a definition. Is it 50/50? The higher of the two?
I understand about for 160 chars - just high-end mats. But for those low-level chars I am confused.

Example 1: Level 30 Char, Blacksmithing 3 - what Ore do they find running around in the main areas?
Example 1: Level 15 Char, Blacksmithing 30 - what Ore do they find running around in the main areas?

Or however else you can explain it.....
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Put skill points into Blacksmith Metalworking. Clothing Tailoring. Enchanting Potency Improvement. Woodworking Woodworking. and you will find the materials you need the more skillpoints you put in the higher materioals you can find around Tamriel. And it will say what typ of materials you can find or you can go to traders and buy them.

Blacksmithing: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blacksmithing+Materials
    Clothing: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Clothier+Materials
    Enchanting: Stamina http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+of+Stamina
    Magicka http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+of+Magicka
    Health http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyph+of+Health There are other glyphs too like weapon/spell damage for weapons, weapon/spell damage for jewlery or stamina/maicka recovery, Flame/Ice/Lighting/Disease damage for weapons.
    Woodworking: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Woodworking

Hope this helps :smile:

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your understanding of passive rank is off, its not what level the craft is at (1-50) its the level you are able to create, which is dictated by the number of skill point you have invested in said craft

It used to be 50/50 before 1Tamriel, it may of changed now (i just dont know)
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    your understanding of passive rank is off, its not what level the craft is at (1-50) its the level you are able to create, which is dictated by the number of skill point you have invested in said craft

I only find 150-160 cp materials everywhere on my main and on other characters that don't have crafting up I mostly find the lower lvl materials 1-5 i believe that is and now and then 150-160 cp

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, now that helps.
    So passive rank is the number of skillpoints in the first passive skill of the craft (i.e. Metalworking in Blacksmithing, Tailoring in Clothier, etc.). So if one were to want to farm mats for a particular level, say Level 30, they would need Exactly Rank VII (no higher) to find Iron Thread, Iron Hide, Galatite, etc.
    But am I correct that if they put one more point in the skill, they could no longer find those specific materials?

And does anyone know what the "or" means? 50/50?
    Edited by Tomg999 on November 21, 2016 7:08PM
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the passives. At 10/10 Meralworking you are finding nothing but Rubedite ore. I had Woodworking at 9/10 and only found Nightwood, now at 10 I find Ruby Ash. So it only scales to your crafting passive level. Your character level is irrelevant when it comes to nodes.
    Edited by SaRuZ on November 21, 2016 8:06PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Afaik it it 50/50.

I have plenty of chars at like cp160 and no clothing skill pts no woid pts etc
    When i get back from a bit of play their raw mata at the iron jute etc and their raw mats at ancestral and rubywood are real close, like 31 v 3, 22 v 19 etc. Ssme for scraps ore etc.
    But kerp mind tho, the loot drops will always be char lvl so while your harvest will split even, your decon gear drops will always add to your char lvl totals. When deciding between grind or harvest, its worth keeping in mind.

Also, i leveled a char from 17 to 50-cap after 1T and the raw skill v raw chr 50-50 thing held as the char level advanced. When that char spent to get to tier 2 crafting for better writ locations, that scaled the harvest too, 50- 50 solud.

So i can ssy for me, its working as advertised.

Aside, while i have seen waters to be rhe same way whether containers or pools, i have seen occasional refs to one or the other being off - sometimes all char tops, sometimes claim all natural no ckesr, but i keep seeing all available based on scaling - just not positive 50 50 bc not as easy to see.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »
    So passive rank is the number of skillpoints in the first passive skill of the craft (i.e. Metalworking in Blacksmithing, Tailoring in Clothier, etc.). So if one were to want to farm mats for a particular level, say Level 30, they would need Exactly Rank VII (no higher) to find Iron Thread, Iron Hide, Galatite, etc.
    But am I correct that if they put one more point in the skill, they could no longer find those specific materials?

Correct, your only going to find mats that are scaled to your material level in crafting, or your character level, at a 50/50 split.

In other words, you have to build your character to farm for specific mats. OK if your leveling as character or crafting level will take care of it. But, if your farming mats for someone else or to make things for someone else at a different level than you, it just sucks.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Correct, your only going to find mats that are scaled to your material level in crafting, or your character level, at a 50/50 split.

In other words, you have to build your character to farm for specific mats. OK if your leveling as character or crafting level will take care of it. But, if your farming mats for someone else or to make things for someone else at a different level than you, it just sucks.

I would state it differently.

In 1T they vastly improved the ability to gather useful mats/gear for yourself. In even casual play and gathering plenty of mats and decon gear and leveled set pieces will drop for most players to stay flush and more. If the players take time specifically to gather, beyond just pickup as they pass it, even more so. This helps the playability and sustainability for the majority of players.

At the same time, 1T reduced the capability to acquire mats for others unless they happen to be of your level. You can craft for them fine, but farming for them... troublesome. So the net result is that while the need for this is reduced (more self gather useful and more useful drops) the old ways don't work as well for some.

Now imo they need to allow the crafter more flexibility... remove the lower end on gear for mats. That means when you farm what you find is useful for lower levels too.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    At the same time, 1T reduced the capability to acquire mats for others unless they happen to be of your level. You can craft for them fine, but farming for them... troublesome. So the net result is that while the need for this is reduced (more self gather useful and more useful drops) the old ways don't work as well for some.

You need to do writs on a daily basis. You will get boxes with 25 refined pieces of random lower level material. So for dedicated crafters doing writs every day you will accumulate a nice amount of lower level mats after a while. Can you just immediately go grab 50 high iron ore to make some Level 16 gear, like in the old days? Nope. But the game is swimming in CP150 mats at this point. No matter where your Level 10 dedicated crafter goes, half the nodes are going to be max level. No matter where your main character with no skill points in crafting goes, half the nodes are going to be max level. It should be very quick and easy to do the daily writs and accumulate lower level mats as a side effect.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It should be very quick and easy to do the daily writs and accumulate lower level mats as a side effect.

Yes because the RNG determining the shipments is so reliable and always gives me exactly what I need when I need it. You know, like Farming used to. /sarcasm

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be very quick and easy to do the daily writs and accumulate lower level mats as a side effect.

Yes because the RNG determining the shipments is so reliable and always gives me exactly what I need when I need it. You know, like Farming used to. /sarcasm

I believe that is the point. You did not need to be dedicated crafter before. Anyone could just go farm whatever was needed. The new changes make it more worthwhile for dedicated crafters. People have been asking for ways to make dedicated crafters more viable. This does that. You can no longer have your main faceroll low-level mobs and gather the needed mats in 5 minutes. You probably need a dedicated crafter, with an existing stockpile of lower level mats, to get that Level 16 Julianos gear. Any changes to make dedicated crafters more valuable was going to make life harder for non-dedicated crafters.

Things are in a bit of flux right now because the change is recent. But long term, after months and months of dedicated crafters doing daily writs, they will have a stockpile of lower level mats. We are in a transition period now where you cannot easily farm lower level mats, but dedicated crafters have not quite had enough time to build up quantities of lower-level mats. Give it time.

Also, ask guildies! I know a bunch of guildies who hardly ever craft but do writs just for chance at gold upgrade mats. So they end up with lower level mats in their crafting bag that they will likely never use.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that is the point. You did not need to be dedicated farmer before.

Fixed that for you.

Bottom line, ZOS screwed up mats for the game big time with One Tamriel. It needs to be fixed, and no, just making everything Ruby is not the answer. Besides, Ruby Mats are ugly and don't take dyes very well. They opened up the game for everyone but people who craft.

Put old nodes back, allow any level of gear to be made with any type of Material.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You need to do writs on a daily basis. You will get boxes with 25 refined pieces of random lower level material. So for dedicated crafters doing writs every day you will accumulate a nice amount of lower level mats after a while. Can you just immediately go grab 50 high iron ore to make some Level 16 gear, like in the old days? Nope. But the game is swimming in CP150 mats at this point. No matter where your Level 10 dedicated crafter goes, half the nodes are going to be max level. No matter where your main character with no skill points in crafting goes, half the nodes are going to be max level. It should be very quick and easy to do the daily writs and accumulate lower level mats as a side effect.

No disagreement.

Thats why i said doesnt work the old ways for some.

Between the reduced demand for crafting due to drop sets, reduced demand for other to farm for you due to efficient node scaling and drop decons, the flood of top mats making it viable twrit to build up lower tiers etc the whole psckage ties in together to create a different bslsnce but s manageable one. It makes casual gathering more useful and it imo shifts the skill not the mar to being the commodity.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I believe that is the point. You did not need to be dedicated farmer before.

Fixed that for you.

Bottom line, ZOS screwed up mats for the game big time with One Tamriel. It needs to be fixed, and no, just making everything Ruby is not the answer. Besides, Ruby Mats are ugly and don't take dyes very well. They opened up the game for everyone but people who craft.

Put old nodes back, allow any level of gear to be made with any type of Material.

Bottom line: zos greatly improved mats for the majority of players and for a few its now somhing to be done differently, maybe an inconvenience even unless they adapt and there are always those eho dont want that.

Bottommer line: nobody is advocating for making everything ruby or removing non-ruby apoearances that i have seen. Its a cute little strawman though, in its rubedo jerkin.

Even Bottommer maybe bottomest line: putting back the nodes to their geo-political scaling model (where location and politics determines what the tree branch is) in an open travel non-linear travel would even more egregiously push dedicated farming necessity over casual gathering.

Though i must admit i find it odd someone opposed to all ruby seems fine with all iron. My suggedtion for yanking the lower cap for mats still rewards higher skill and level... but if iron made every level, cant see any benefit for any more thsn one crafter per craft per account.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said I was fine with all Iron? Show me where I said that. You won't be able to as I never have.

What I have been saying all along is:

Make the Material Level be for the level of the gear that people want to make, and let them choose what mats to use to make that gear. Kresh, Cotton, whatever. It's their choice. Not sure why you would have a problem with that. Unless you just love the Ruby Mat look on everything in the game. But, guess what, you could still make things out of Ruby Mats and only Ruby Mats if you wanted. Me I just might make my gear out of Iron just for grins and giggles.

And, so what if mats are broken up by zone, we can go anywhere, there are no, how did you put this, geopolitical restrictions on what zones we can go to. So, nothing stopping people from farming what they want. But I have also said in other threads there are many ways to provide the mats, random dispersion, make the zone 50% predominate in one mat, the rest of the nodes in another and a couple of others. Remember, we can go anywhere now to farm.

But I guess a world where only Ruby Mats are used and nothing else is your goal. Me, I want to see diversity in gear materials. The only thing ZOS has done is make Ruby Mats more available. The only reason that is of any benefit to players is that is the only material they can use for end game gear. Nothing else. All that art work for all the other mats is gone out the window too. What a waste. But, I guess as long as you have your Ruby Mats your happy and nothing else matters.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who said I was fine with all Iron? Show me where I said that. You won't be able to as I never have.

What I have been saying all along is:

Make the Material Level be for the level of the gear that people want to make, and let them choose what mats to use to make that gear. Kresh, Cotton, whatever. It's their choice. Not sure why you would have a problem with that. Unless you just love the Ruby Mat look on everything in the game. But, guess what, you could still make things out of Ruby Mats and only Ruby Mats if you wanted. Me I just might make my gear out of Iron just for grins and giggles.

And, so what if mats are broken up by zone, we can go anywhere, there are no, how did you put this, geopolitical restrictions on what zones we can go to. So, nothing stopping people from farming what they want. But I have also said in other threads there are many ways to provide the mats, random dispersion, make the zone 50% predominate in one mat, the rest of the nodes in another and a couple of others. Remember, we can go anywhere now to farm.

But I guess a world where only Ruby Mats are used and nothing else is your goal. Me, I want to see diversity in gear materials. The only thing ZOS has done is make Ruby Mats more available. The only reason that is of any benefit to players is that is the only material they can use for end game gear. Nothing else. All that art work for all the other mats is gone out the window too. What a waste. But, I guess as long as you have your Ruby Mats your happy and nothing else matters.

i said you seem fine with sll iron, not thst you explicitly said it.

Your propissl would make iron and all tier one mats not only the easiest to acquire (out of box level 3 no skill finds 100% of these) but provide no mechanical reason to harvest anything else. Certsinly its different but surely such a change isnt a move towards more appearance diversity.

I think a fundamental disconnect betwern us is i see a major difference in the game if the casual player doing content gathers what they need or is driven to go off somewhere else on a specific crafting gather run because the local geopolitical nodes dont match his level.

So yes, as you point out a player can realize he isnt finding useful mats while running the DC quests and can work over to single zone in the middle of ebonhart thru treks and boats and can spend time there gathering before coming back to the content he wanted to play...but instead of that he can now just play what he wants without worrying about the nodes cuz they are all good.

Imo, needing to go to specific spots determined by geopolitics to get basic essentials id really contrary to go where you want play design. Its more still go where we tell you tho you are not physically blocked.

So your whole paragraph in italics is to me is pretty much way way way off the mark for serving a play where you want when you want system.

As an aside, currently mat-apoearance-level are all linked.
    When i suggested removing the lower gear cap level, so ruby can craft any level of gear, wrere you reading that as "remove lower gear cap level and appearance level link" and concluding i proposed changing what a level 46 suit looked like?

But to yourvrrpetition about what you think my gosl is.
    I have proposed removing the lower gear level limit, not world where only Ruby Mats are used and nothing else.
    I have lauded the gathering of mats by casusual players as they advance gsind and self sufficienc bof 1T, not world where only Ruby Mats are used and nothing else.
    I have leveled and enjoyed a charcter as many will,, gathering mats of different levels and using them along the way, not world where only Ruby Mats are used and nothing else.

You seem to suggest a world rule where iron is all you need from day one as promoting diversity but decry a world where AFTER A POINT rudedite is all you need as somehow anti diversity.

The only consistent elements i can twease out boil down to you want dedicated farming time for other yo be not onlu quick and easy but needed. Thats a key disagreement between us.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Had 8 new people join two of the guilds I'm a crafter for on the introductory weekend. They are under level 50. Most are still in Coldharbor jammies. They would like gear sets to get them started. None of them know an ore node from an ogrim. How many writs will have I have to do to get mats to make gear for them? When the lower level mats you get can be any level under ruby? How can I make sure that what I'm getting is iron, or steel, or whatever I really need? How many crafters do I have to do writs on to keep getting a steady supply of the mats I need to make the gear for all the levels of the guildmates who want gear? Cause you know, 25 ingots of iron doesn't make many sets. Or getting dwarven, or ebony when what I need is iron, steel or voidstone. Not to mention the time I'll have to spend to teach them how to find the mats so I can make them gear...... time I could be crafting or :gasp: playing the game.

I'm sorry, I agree with Nestor. They might have needed to tweak things, but how they changed things isn't good for people who craft for more than just themselves.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am just worried about my alts. I like to level up, and enjoy having crafted gear during my alt's 20's, 30's, and 40's.
    And I don't want to spend skill points and do crafting on those alts - which are both now required in order to find appropriate mats.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    double posted - & it won't let me delete...
    Edited by Tomg999 on November 22, 2016 10:04PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just worried about my alts. I like to level up, and enjoy having crafted gear during my alt's 20's, 30's, and 40's.
    And I don't want to spend skill points and do crafting on those alts - which are both now required in order to find appropriate mats.

Yep, that is the rub right there. Although you can farm with your alts and 50% of the nodes will be on level. You can't farm ahead, nor can you farm for other alts if they are at a different level. While some think it's perfectly wonderful that only two levels of mats are ever available to a character, it really puts a wrench in doing things.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your propissl would make iron and all tier one mats not only the easiest to acquire (out of box level 3 no skill finds 100% of these) but provide no mechanical reason to harvest anything else. Certsinly its different but surely such a change isnt a move towards more appearance diversity.

As an aside, currently mat-apoearance-level are all linked.
    When i suggested removing the lower gear cap level, so ruby can craft any level of gear, wrere you reading that as "remove lower gear cap level and appearance level link" and concluding i proposed changing what a level 46 suit looked like?

The only consistent elements i can twease out boil down to you want dedicated farming time for other yo be not onlu quick and easy but needed. Thats a key disagreement between us.

OK, lets see. First, do you have bandages on your fingers? It's really hard to read your posts with all the typo's

Anyway, if you had read my proposal, Iron would be just as easy to find as any other mat in the game. Materials are no longer tied to crafting passive level, that determines the level of gear you make.

As for the look of the armor, the looks are tied to the materials, always have been. If I make something out of Ebony, it will look the same whether is it L1 or CP160. Only the number of mats determine the level of the armor. This is so ZOS can implement this without overhauling all the artwork for the armors. In other word they can fix this travesty sooner.

I never said I wanted Farming to be quick and easy. I just want to be able to farm for off level mats without building a character to do so.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As someone who ran a char ftom like 3 to 17 right before 1t and then from 17 to 50 during 1T dont worry. The node lickers will tell you to worry but here is what actually happened.

Under my 1T advancment, i made one slight change to "how i do things" as compared to how i did it the old way.

I did my crafting for my alt at 17 (had not recrafted yet) using the mats gained for tier-1 iron, jute etc. Made them all lvl 14. While i pkayed thru levels 17-25, i gained a bunch of tier-2 mats from casual gathering and decon all the drop gear trash. All that was tier-2 even tho the nodes were 50/50.

When reached lvl 34 i wore whst drop sets were good and crafted from the abundance of tier-2 mats at lvl34.

Wore the lvl34 plus drop set ehen i wanted as i played thru 35-44. Then crafted at 44 to wear thtu 50.

In truth, with the drop sets a plenty, did not need to craft full sets.

So, other thsn using morevdrop sets thsn before (they werent as pkentiful before 1T) my main chsnge was crafting at 14 not 16, 24, not 26, 34, not 36, etc.

Sure you can panic over not being able to "craft ahead" as the node lockers would like, or you can just realize you can do just fine with no investment in crafting to gather more than enough mats and hire crsfter to use your mats to "craft behind". That teo levels of gear isnt worth the panic.

Lets face it, unless the node locker craft ahead types are advocating you re-gear your armor every two levels, then even they are admitting a few levels down are ok.

If they are telling you to regear every two levels, they prolly also want to sell you mats.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor
    "OK, lets see. First, do you have bandages on your fingers? It's really hard to read your posts with all the typo's"

Actually, community ambassador, i am severely visually impaired and have nerve damage in all extremities, so when away from my special keyboard and equip, like now, it gets even worse.

Typically tho i find about 9 times out of 10 when my typing gets pointed out by someone here, its not in the posts where someone is agreeing with me.

Kinda funny.

Happy Holidays.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor
    "As for the look of the armor, the looks are tied to the materials, always have been. If I make something out of Ebony, it will look the same whether is it L1 or CP160. Only the number of mats determine the level of the armor. This is so ZOS can implement this without overhauling all the artwork for the armors. In other word they can fix this travesty sooner."

Yes, as I said appearance has been tied ti material and levels. All were linked. U could never craft a set of iron appearance armor at level 36.

But semantically speaking you mat be correct it may have bern programmed to key level off number but since they limited number by mat type, it's semantics.

I am so glad u are preventing making zos overhaul all appearances in your proposal... it keeps that in common with every other proposal I have seen. Not sure if anybody proposed changing them all but hey glad you got that covered.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor
    "I never said I wanted Farming to be quick and easy. I just want to be able to farm for off level mats without building a character to do so"

Is somehow farming a beech log more fun for you than a ruby ash?

Another key difference between us. I don't want anyone to need to farm off level mats. I think crafter should get more versatile as they level up and be able to harvest anywhere everywhere getting what they need and crafting it to anything their skill allows.

Again, add ability to crafter - don't mess with everyone else.

To me the idea of needing to go to some place somewhere to farm basic elements and not because you want to play that content play is a very midfitted in an anywhere anytime world model.

Nostalgic perhaps, but hey, not for everyone.

Edited by STEVIL on November 23, 2016 2:20AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As someone who ran a char ftom like 3 to 17 right before 1t and then from 17 to 50 during 1T dont worry. The node lickers will tell you to worry but here is what actually happened.

Under my 1T advancment, i made one slight change to "how i do things" as compared to how i did it the old way.

I did my crafting for my alt at 17 (had not recrafted yet) using the mats gained for tier-1 iron, jute etc. Made them all lvl 14. While i pkayed thru levels 17-25, i gained a bunch of tier-2 mats from casual gathering and decon all the drop gear trash. All that was tier-2 even tho the nodes were 50/50.

When reached lvl 34 i wore whst drop sets were good and crafted from the abundance of tier-2 mats at lvl34.

Wore the lvl34 plus drop set ehen i wanted as i played thru 35-44. Then crafted at 44 to wear thtu 50.

So, other thsn using morevdrop sets thsn before (they werent as pkentiful before 1T) my main chsnge was crafting at 14 not 16, 24, not 26, 34, not 36, etc.

Sure you can panic over not being able to "craft ahead" as the node lockers would like, or you can just realize you can do just fine with no investment in crafting to gather more than enough mats and hire crsfter to use your mats to "craft behind". That teo levels of gear isnt worth the panic.

Lets face it, unless the node locker craft ahead types are advocating you re-gear your armor every two levels, then even they are admitting a few levels down are ok.

If they are telling you to regear every two levels, they prolly also want to sell you mats.

By the Divines; Stop with the "Crafters only want to make gold off players" already. It is not correct in many cases. Yes, some crafters want paid. Some crafters want paid and the client to provide the mats as well. NOT EVERYONE DOES THIS. Nomatter what you might think, not every crafter is in a giant conspiracy to "harvest gold off players". I don't take mats from the guild banks to craft, and I improve everything to green for FREE.

I don't "craft ahead" whatever that means. However the guilds that I'm a crafter for would like me to be able to craft for everyone that asks for gear. Which I do for FREE. For guilds that have no dues, mandatory raffles, or any other "harvest gold from the members" thing. The two main guilds I craft for average 300+ members of all levels. Getting 24 of anything from a writ isn't going to go very far.

I've never seen anyone suggest making new gear every two levels. Every 10, yes, but even then I would suggest doing the weapons first; they are important, not so much for the armor. I've talked people out of getting gear when they don't really need it.

Congratulations. You don't mind using random gear that has different traits and stats. If someone wants to use a crafted set for the boosts that 5 pieces of a specific set provides, making do with random other drops isn't going to help very much. Can it be done? Of course. However just because you find it to be okay doesn't mean everyone will. Or that everyone wants to do the same as you.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

By the Divines; Stop with the "Crafters only want to make gold off players" already. It is not correct in many cases. Yes, some crafters want paid. Some crafters want paid and the client to provide the mats as well. NOT EVERYONE DOES THIS. Nomatter what you might think, not every crafter is in a giant conspiracy to "harvest gold off players". I don't take mats from the guild banks to craft, and I improve everything to green for FREE.

I don't "craft ahead" whatever that means. However the guilds that I'm a crafter for would like me to be able to craft for everyone that asks for gear. Which I do for FREE. For guilds that have no dues, mandatory raffles, or any other "harvest gold from the members" thing. The two main guilds I craft for average 300+ members of all levels. Getting 24 of anything from a writ isn't going to go very far.

I've never seen anyone suggest making new gear every two levels.
    Every 10, yes, but even then I would suggest doing the weapons first; they are important, not so much for the armor. I've talked people out of getting gear when they don't really need it.

Congratulations. You don't mind using random gear that has different traits and stats. If someone wants to use a crafted set for the boosts that 5 pieces of a specific set provides, making do with random other drops isn't going to help very much. Can it be done? Of course. However just because you find it to be okay doesn't mean everyone will. Or that everyone wants to do the same as you.

Wow... just wow.

You fail your misinformation check due to lack of subtlety.

Guess we take it from the top.

First bold - what part of the only reference i made to sellling mats in that post "If they are telling you to regear every two levels, they prolly also want to sell you mats" lead your reading comprehension skills to derail so far as to grok "
    By the Divines; Stop with the "Crafters only want to make gold off players" ???

Those are not the same.

second bold - farm ahead was coined above by a poster to refer to gsthering mats in advance of a level change so as to be ready to equip the character up as soon as they hit the level (typically new tier imx). Craft ahead is same thing. I used to, in the old days when new tier craft was all the rage) build sets for lvl 4 and 10 for my newbies at same time cuz they level so quick. Made no sense to take the time to haul tge crafter out to stations two different times when it would be only days between 4 and 10 and there was no chance of getting drops worth using.

third bold - i havent seen it either but what i have seen are folks in complain that 1t preventing gathering ahead mats for crafting as soon as you hit the next tiet had serious impact on survivability. That the "even 2 level down" or maybe it was "20 co gear down" was a serious blow so...

Final bold - coming full circle to reading comprehension derail. What parts of my "wore whst drop sets were good" and "Wore the lvl34 plus drop set ehen i wanted" (typos left for @nestor and truth) led you to "Congratulations. You don't mind using random gear that has different traits and stats"???

Sure, in pre 1T days drop sets were so uncommon and unpredictable you couldnt really work them into a developing build reliably. But today in 1T you really can incorporate them during those developing days, decon the "random" ones with features or traits you dont like but incorporating the ones you "want" or find "good".

Just curious, how many characters have you taken thru 30+ level of development in the pre-50 range since 1T?

Edited by STEVIL on November 23, 2016 12:57PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, how many characters have you taken thru 30+ level of development in the pre-50 range since 1T?

I am currently taking 5 of them through leveling. Everyone who PvP's in the 1 to 50 campaign does and that is the most popular campaign as it does not lag. Not everyone plays end game here. Nor should crafting be only for end game. Yes, we get it that you only want end game mats and lots of them (which would mean you want end game mat farming to be quick and easy as otherwise why would you push to have all the nodes drop end game mats).

As for Dropped Sets, I don't use all dropped sets for one. My characters all wear a mix of dropped and crafted, if not all crafted other than jewelry. For two, I have to wear something while I do farm for the dropped sets I do use. For three, I prefer crafted sets over most dropped sets anyway. It allows to me to get the gear I want for the build I am running without praying to the RNG Gods.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am currently taking 5 of them through leveling. Everyone who PvP's in the 1 to 50 campaign does and that is the most popular campaign as it does not lag. Not everyone plays end game here. Nor should crafting be only for end game. Yes, we get it that you only want end game mats and lots of them (which would mean you want end game mat farming to be quick and easy as otherwise why would you push to have all the nodes drop end game mats).

As for Dropped Sets, I don't use all dropped sets for one. My characters all wear a mix of dropped and crafted, if not all crafted other than jewelry. For two, I have to wear something while I do farm for the dropped sets I do use. For three, I prefer crafted sets over most dropped sets anyway. It allows to me to get the gear I want for the build I am running without praying to the RNG Gods.

Re the bold

Again the utter bs.

Its belied by posts here in this thread, here on this page.

Post you just choose to ignore.

I support nodes scaled to character level and charscter skill, NOT all nodes dropping all end game mats.

I know you are smart enough to know the diff.

The very post just a few up where i talked thru recent leveling went into how gaining leveled mats suited tonthe char worked so well in development levels play.

Is there a t-shirt for sale in the crown store for "I'm being trolled by an Ambassador!"

Happy Holidays, Ambassador Nestor.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well back to the OP hopefully,

The only other current way to get a specific and consistent delivery of lower level mats that I know of is to use Hirelings and set those Hireling character's Material Passives to the material level you wish to receive.

I have several and they still are following that mechanic so far. If ZOS ever changes their mechanic to the current harvesting mechanic then I'm not sure whether I will continue to bother with lower level mats at all.

Before 1T dropped, I had made a single set of L10/20/30/40 training trait (XP from Kills) armor and weapons that can be used for any new character leveling in the future.

Edited by SpAEkus on November 23, 2016 9:56PM