The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Returning after a few months...

Torielle
Torielle
Soul Shriven
And wow, it seems like One Tamriel has changed things a bit!

I'll cut to the chase: my Magicka DK (Altmer) feels a little squishy. I'm currently level 32, and have thus far invested all of my stat points into Magicka (save for 5 or 6 that went into Health). I'm leveling with a Destruction Staff and 1h/shield, and 5 pieces of light armor, 1 piece of medium armor, and 1 piece of heavy armor.

When I left the game (back in May) she was performing pretty well, but I've noticed since returning that my health seems to jump around a lot more. As a Magicka DK with points spread fairly evenly throughout my skill trees, I do have great self healing, but against several mobs, I feel a bit like a wet napkin. Some attacks will hit me for 30-40% of my health—which is easily healed by some of my abilities—but it has led to several accidental deaths if I don't keep moving around or underestimate the amount of damage I need to plan for.

I'm questing in Greenshade right now. Is this normal for most classes? Or at least for those going for a primarily Magicka/Light Armor build? I'm just not sure if this is simply a byproduct of the new level scaling, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any advice would be helpful! I'm really just playing to enjoy the story, community, and atmosphere of game—but at the same time, I want to make sure that I'm not needlessly making life more difficult for myself by committing obvious mistakes.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Torielle wrote: »
    And wow, it seems like One Tamriel has changed things a bit!

I'll cut to the chase: my Magicka DK (Altmer) feels a little squishy. I'm currently level 32, and have thus far invested all of my stat points into Magicka (save for 5 or 6 that went into Health). I'm leveling with a Destruction Staff and 1h/shield, and 5 pieces of light armor, 1 piece of medium armor, and 1 piece of heavy armor.

When I left the game (back in May) she was performing pretty well, but I've noticed since returning that my health seems to jump around a lot more. As a Magicka DK with points spread fairly evenly throughout my skill trees, I do have great self healing, but against several mobs, I feel a bit like a wet napkin. Some attacks will hit me for 30-40% of my health—which is easily healed by some of my abilities—but it has led to several accidental deaths if I don't keep moving around or underestimate the amount of damage I need to plan for.

I'm questing in Greenshade right now. Is this normal for most classes? Or at least for those going for a primarily Magicka/Light Armor build? I'm just not sure if this is simply a byproduct of the new level scaling, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any advice would be helpful! I'm really just playing to enjoy the story, community, and atmosphere of game—but at the same time, I want to make sure that I'm not needlessly making life more difficult for myself by committing obvious mistakes.

There have been class changes and even changes too mobs and world bosses since 1 tamerial. I have a magic nightblade dragon night sorcerer and templar as well as a stamina nighblade all In full gold gear at cp 488 and each one seems too get hit harder than they used too. That said I rarely die unless I'm not paying attention. So id assume its due too the changes from one tamerial. Best thing you can do is pull up the patch notes. As far as magick dks go... He is my newest character so I'm not the great with him and he is super squishy. Entirely possible its his armor or a class issue.and also your still early on so this is also more than likely part of it.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor is more important now since 1T. Make sure your gear is up to your level.
    Set gear now drops like candy out of a pinata (From treasure chests and boss mobs) and they added many, many new sets.

A good self heal, mundus stone, food buffs, AOE/DOT damage and decent weapon damage should be enough.

You could also try the Trainee set (Drops on your alliance starter island) which gives a lot of boost to your base stats.
    smile.gif
  • Torielle
    Torielle
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the input! :smile:

I've noticed my performance improving a bit as I get readjusted to the game (as well as upgrading my weapons and armor to ones closer to my current level). Last night I did some questing with food buffs as well, which seemed to have a noticeable impact on my performance as well.