The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Saturday's patch 2.6.9. broke restoration staff's heavy attacks

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
As another user noted in my other topic, and this is also an issue I've been experiencing (but I didn't report it before because I thought it was just the new lag caused by Satpatch), the heavy attacks are semi-broken after Sat's patch as they often don't work.

Basically, often the heavy attack doesn't happen, instead your character puts their arm with their staff forward and retracts it again and nothing happens, and sometimes the staff lights up orange/yellow for the attack as well and then powers down, and the character retracts the staff and nothing happens.

And sometimes nothing happens at all when you keep holding the heavy attack, so you have to do some light attacks first before suddenly the heavy attack starts working.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3531337#Comment_3531337

Edited by Adventurer on November 18, 2016 1:19PM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing this with lightning staff heavy attacks, too. Likely affected because its a channel like the resto staff's.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this really only been since Saturday? I think it's a sporadic bug that's been in the game since before One Tamriel which is now occurring more frequently. Certainly, I know I've been yelling at my characters for "forgetting" how to heavy attack for months, and 5/6 of them are staff users.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening with all staff heavy attacks . Also the staff animation sometimes returns to staff being help upside down .