The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LF advice on how to get Spell power cure

Jim_Pipp
Jim_Pipp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi. I am DESPERATE to try the spell-power cure set in a build, but have no real experience of imperial city and never before cared about how it worked. Before I jump into grinding I wondered if anyone could advise me on my options. Here is what I learned from google.

1) It drops from WGT - including on normal mode(?), with a small chance from mobs and a chance for specific pieces from bosses - sadly it is almost impossible to solo because the first boss (adjudicator) puts you in a cage, but some people say that force lock/charge abilities can get you out of the cage before the fight resets.

2) Collecting fragments from any mob in imperial city - some number of these (60 or 150?) can be used to open a vault in White gold tower (veteran?) for a chance at a random piece of SPC (among other sets). These fragments are not lost when you die (unlike Telvar).

3) Some people say doing the skill point quest for Vet WGT gives a SPC necklace, other people say this is not true.

Any tips on forming a farming group?

Any other suggestions before molag bal claims my soul for a second time?

Edit Cos' gramma materz
Edited by Jim_Pipp on November 22, 2016 1:49PM
#1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.

Best Answers

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It drops on normal WGT. Ever since OT, just queue for nWGT as much as you can, specially when WGT is the pledge of the day. In the beginning I would do it 10~20 times on pledge days.

2. It will be painful and you will find groups unable to complete it, but in my experience that is more the exception than the case. If you are the healer, even low levels can complete the dungeon if you can direct them. With high levels on normal, you can do it in about 10 minutes.

3. Learn the mechanics by heart. Teach everyone each fight before it starts if they don't already know it.

4. Key Shards, IMO, are basically useless. I've opened dozens of chests and only sometimes get SPC and most of the times in bad traits. Consider them a bonus, not your main way to get SPC. I wasted my time already farming Keys. Just farm nWGT straight up. It is much much effective time wise.

5. Always, always, always put in group chat or voice chat that you are looking for SPC pieces. I usually typed "lf SPC divines/infused armor, weapons and jewelry". Sometimes I'd get 3 or 4 pieces on one run if people gave or sold me what they got.

6. You will get a necklace from the first time you do the quest in WGT. I don't remember if it is from SPC set, though. If it is, I'll even do it on another of my chars since I'm missing the purple neck still.

7. Use blue jewelry if you can until you can get purple. The set bonus is so good it outweights the loss of stats from blue jewelry while you are still farming for it.

Some tips I got from farming it more than 100 times on normal:

1. Adjudicator: if your are the healer, try to heal people caged while they lockpick. If you are caged, either ask someone to lockpick you out while you heal, or ask them to bring her close to you where you can heal everyone still caged. There is a way to get out of the cage easily, but some people say it is an exploit, so I won't post it here. But you can easily find it here on the forums.

2. Three Bosses: kill Mircela (Sword and Shield) first, then the Nightblade and lastly the Healer. Tell people that standing in 1 AoE is healable, 2 AoE can be done, but 3 stacked AoEs and fire is certain death, even on normal. And get away from the infinite standards!

3. Plannar Inhibitor: this is the make or break fight of the dungeon. On normal, me, as the healer, just straigh up grab the pinion, tell people not to grab it unless she turns blue, and just DPS the hell out of her while keeping her completely still in the middle. Most important: make it VERY, VERY clear to everybody that closing the portals is the most important thing. If their screen is grey/white, they HAVE to drop everything and kill the portals, even best if they can slot a strong ranged ability.

4. Molag Kena: make sure to tell people (i) adds explodes when they die and the AoE is a one shot even for max levels; (ii) Storm Attronach must be killed IMMEDIATELY when deployed; (iii) blue electricity is harmless to roll through, deadly if you stand on it.

All in all, farming SPC now is a piece of cake after some dedication. I farmed it for 6 months before OT and got 3 useful pieces of SPC. After OT, in two days dedicated to it I had a full set with all but a purple necklace, a resto staff and 2 divine pieces (I got infused, so I could still use them).

It only gets hard if people don't talk and don't know the dungeon. I've finish it with 3 30ish DPSs, but all in voice chat, but had trouble with middle CP people that didn't know mechanics and didn't talk through it.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on November 22, 2016 2:05PM
    Answer ✓
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many key-fragments you need for some SPC from a vault, and where is the vault with SPC?

150 keys, and is on the right side right after you enter the dungeon.

Remember to switch group difficulty to Vet before going there to have purple loot. You can go alone since you don't need to fight any enemies to get there.
    Answer ✓
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    The gear does drop on normal, purple accessories however will drop on Vet. Normal run of WGT should be a walk in the park, would be glad to assist if you are on PC NA. What platform do you haunt?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I am really grateful for the incredibly well constructed and informative answer @hugocbp

It sounds like the hardest bit will be getting a group together so @xRIVALENx thanks for straight away offering to help - unfortunately I am on the eu-server.

Thanks guys, you are examples of what is best about these forums.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    1. It drops on normal WGT. Ever since OT, just queue for nWGT as much as you can, specially when WGT is the pledge of the day. In the beginning I would do it 10~20 times on pledge days.

2. It will be painful and you will find groups unable to complete it, but in my experience that is more the exception than the case. If you are the healer, even low levels can complete the dungeon if you can direct them. With high levels on normal, you can do it in about 10 minutes.

3. Learn the mechanics by heart. Teach everyone each fight before it starts if they don't already know it.

4. Key Shards, IMO, are basically useless. I've opened dozens of chests and only sometimes get SPC and most of the times in bad traits. Consider them a bonus, not your main way to get SPC. I wasted my time already farming Keys. Just farm nWGT straight up. It is much much effective time wise.

5. Always, always, always put in group chat or voice chat that you are looking for SPC pieces. I usually typed "lf SPC divines/infused armor, weapons and jewelry". Sometimes I'd get 3 or 4 pieces on one run if people gave or sold me what they got.

6. You will get a necklace from the first time you do the quest in WGT. I don't remember if it is from SPC set, though. If it is, I'll even do it on another of my chars since I'm missing the purple neck still.

7. Use blue jewelry if you can until you can get purple. The set bonus is so good it outweights the loss of stats from blue jewelry while you are still farming for it.

1. Adjudicator: if your are the healer, try to heal people caged while they lockpick. If you are caged, either ask someone to lockpick you out while you heal, or ask them to bring her close to you where you can heal everyone still caged. There is a way to get out of the cage easily, but some people say it is an exploit, so I won't post it here. But you can easily find it here on the forums.

2. Three Bosses: kill Mircela (Sword and Shield) first, then the Nightblade and lastly the Healer. Tell people that standing in 1 AoE is healable, 2 AoE can be done, but 3 stacked AoEs and fire is certain death, even on normal. And get away from the infinite standards!

3. Plannar Inhibitor: this is the make or break fight of the dungeon. On normal, me, as the healer, just straigh up grab the pinion, tell people not to grab it unless she turns blue, and just DPS the hell out of her while keeping her completely still in the middle. Most important: make it VERY, VERY clear to everybody that closing the portals is the most important thing. If their screen is grey/white, they HAVE to drop everything and kill the portals, even best if they can slot a strong ranged ability.

4. Molag Kena: make sure to tell people (i) adds explodes when they die and the AoE is a one shot even for max levels; (ii) Storm Attronach must be killed IMMEDIATELY when deployed; (iii) blue electricity is harmless to roll through, deadly if you stand on it.

All in all, farming SPC now is a piece of cake after some dedication. I farmed it for 6 months before OT and got 3 useful pieces of SPC. After OT, in two days dedicated to it I had a full set with all but a purple necklace, a resto staff and 2 divine pieces (I got infused, so I could still use them).

It only gets hard if people don't talk and don't know the dungeon. I've finish it with 3 30ish DPSs, but all in voice chat, but had trouble with middle CP people that didn't know mechanics and didn't talk through it.

legerdemain speed lockpick is not an exploit.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got purple spc necklace (mara's blessing) from finishing wgt quest for the first time on an alt.
    Not sure if that's guarenteed though it used to be willpower iirc.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think i got a healthy willpower amulet from quest. but been a while since i done the quest.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

No, it is not. But this is not the one I was talking about. Leveling Ledgerdermain on a healer is a pain, hehe.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it is not. But this is not the one I was talking about. Leveling Ledgerdermain on a healer is a pain, hehe.

lol not really its easy you can do it at any lvl. go to ad starter island go to the east side there a temple there. outside the temple is a mass of sheep. kill sheep harvest them (suggest you stop when bounty reaches 420 * number of hours till when you wanna freely walk around town afterwards. i generally stop at 10k bounty if i plan on using the toon in next couple days.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol not really its easy you can do it at any lvl. go to ad starter island go to the east side there a temple there. outside the temple is a mass of sheep. kill sheep harvest them (suggest you stop when bounty reaches 420 * number of hours till when you wanna freely walk around town afterwards. i generally stop at 10k bounty if i plan on using the toon in next couple days.

Thanks. I'll try that!
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @AzuraKin yesterday I tried to solo nWGT but kept getting caged, so the first thing I did was head to khenarthi's roost! Avoid the bounty by assassinating shepherds.

There may be some irony in my healer emerging from a huge pile of sheep and shepherds!
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how many key-fragments you need for some SPC from a vault, and where is the vault with SPC?
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

This is how I got my set. I believe it's 150 per key. I buckled down and dumped 300k on assorted trophies because I didn't have time to Farm jewelry and armor pieces. :(

Vault is on the right when you walk in.
    Edited by Pchela on November 22, 2016 3:24PM