The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a glitch in the woodworking writs?

HammerWTEK
HammerWTEK
✭✭
I keep getting writs that ask for yew items, but my character can only find beech and hickory wood. I'm 1-2 levels above yew crafting. Is this a glitch?
We know...

Best Answer

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't seem right, make a report and see what they tell you. This is one of the reasons I don't like the 1T update. I know it helped the game but I liked knowing where to farm for mats I was looking for.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yew is one of the rarest woods too, only used to drop in L46 to L50 zones, or Coldharbor.

Since the writs are asking for Yew, this tells me you have unlocked Coldharbor, but not yet Craglorn. Now, Crag is no longer level locked, but they may not allow writ drop offs to occur until your above L50. Try this, go to Craglorn (port to a friend or guildmate or find someone to group with that can let you port to them) and once there, see what the writs ask for.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the insights guys. Unfortunately in Craglorn the writs are still for yew. I might have to wait until my toon catches up with my crafting.
    We know...
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw on another thread that this is a common glitch & no solution has as yet been offered,
    report it as a bug. im sure they are already aware of & hopefully working on a solution, but best to report anyways.
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    I just reported it. Thanks!
    We know...