The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question on Share Play and having someone do your Vet Maelstrom for you.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this allowed under Terms of Service? Surely it's account sharing isn't it? I'm interested because I see so many people on social media using this feature and paying handsomely for someone doing it for them... seems wrong to me - not to mention takes the whole point away from it all....
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Share play is sticky red tape to play with.

I'm sure due to some legal loopholes it's 100% A-Okay - the reason I say this is because there are clearly instances where Share Play will deactivate at the Developer's discretion - example, watch the opening video for the game again when you make a new Char. You are not allowed to use the Share menu, it's blocked.

If ZOS really cared about people shareplaying arenas and trials and whatnot, they would have blocked the feature for them.

The fun thing is that some games it can lead to even bigger problems - one time a kid on Destiny shareplayed with somebody - and since you can delete you character in-game the guy backed out to the load screen when he had control and deleted all of the kids characters... funny thing is, this is fully possible in ESO as well. I wouldn't share my account to anybody knowing this.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not allowed, but when it comes to vMA (and MSA-weapons) people are so desperate that they just do it. Even in one of my guilds there have been public discussions on "how much do I have to pay *** for taking one of my chars through vMA?".

*** being a guild-officer with huge vMA-experience and an inclination to take (game) money from guildies to help them achieve their in-game-goals.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Share play is sticky red tape to play with.

I'm sure due to some legal loopholes it's 100% A-Okay - the reason I say this is because there are clearly instances where Share Play will deactivate at the Developer's discretion - example, watch the opening video for the game again when you make a new Char. You are not allowed to use the Share menu, it's blocked.

If ZOS really cared about people shareplaying arenas and trials and whatnot, they would have blocked the feature for them.

The fun thing is that some games it can lead to even bigger problems - one time a kid on Destiny shareplayed with somebody - and since you can delete you character in-game the guy backed out to the load screen when he had control and deleted all of the kids characters... funny thing is, this is fully possible in ESO as well. I wouldn't share my account to anybody knowing this.

Agreed, if its not allowed on vma, its not allowed in the game at all, and if its not allowed in the game, why does it work and is not blocked? Its a feature enabled for the console, dont see why wouldnt use it, be vma or not
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This basically means then, that PVP also becomes useless to try and gain emperorship if that's on you "to-do" list without enlisting the help of people who will play 24 hours round the clock for you why you have a nap...

This is just making the game less and less appealing in my honest opinion...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    This basically means then, that PVP also becomes useless to try and gain emperorship if that's on you "to-do" list without enlisting the help of people who will play 24 hours round the clock for you why you have a nap...

This is just making the game less and less appealing in my honest opinion...

all this to get a title your only kidding yourself then ,the lengths some go to on a online game