The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should you finish Normal MSA, or head straight to Veteran?

pizzaow
pizzaow
✭✭✭
Edited by pizzaow on November 18, 2016 2:26AM
XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow

Should you finish Normal MSA, or head straight to Veteran? 22 votes

Complete normal MSA first
77%
driosketchwayfarerxArmitasKiramekuRosveenKaaldeinLarianaAtraisMachinaSkinzzDankstakylewwefancatcher51DaWabbajack259QbikenCultOfMMOjlboozerCavarka 17 votes
Skip normal and head straight for Veteran
22%
stalkerheroadficereMerkzz23GeneralPardonEsoRecon 5 votes
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normal isn't too bad to finish. You get a peak at the basic mechanics of each arena, I enjoyed chatting with the demi-prince and his servant tutor learning the back story, and you get a skill point at the end.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends, if you're max cp and haven't tried either yet you might as well just go for vet first. The difficulty jump from normal to vet is so huge that running normal first probably won't adequately prepare you for vet; you will just dps past all mechanics. But if you just hit cp160 and want to try your new gear out then normal is a good way to earn some cp.
    PC | EU
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Normal isn't too bad to finish. You get a peak at the basic mechanics of each arena, I enjoyed chatting with the demi-prince and his servant tutor learning the back story, and you get a skill point at the end.

Perfectly stated sir
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many of my friends struggle with the normal. I struggled with the normal til I figured out how to do it. The difficulty spike is way too much. Waaaaaaaay too much.

You need to be able to just faceroll the normal before you have a chance at vet.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone once said, if you see mechanics in normal you aren't ready for vet. It's kinda true.

But in general, there is almost no reason NOT to do normal first. If you are ready/geared/skilled for vet, normal will take approx. 20 minutes, mainly waiting for mobspawns and round starts.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skip normal and head straight for Veteran
    its what I did. just watch videos on youtube to learn the mechanics
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EsoRecon wrote: »
    its what I did. just watch videos on youtube to learn the mechanics
    Or you could just run normal in the time it took you to watch YT videos and learn the mechanics on your own. You'll get a better feel of the arenas if you're actually in them.