The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Buying or farming styles is becoming useless

ultimate_jax
I love the different styles in this game, there is plenty of variety but with the gear setup you tend to add a monster helm and then u need that dropped set which is in a style that u don't like and the crafted sets are not as good as dropped sets nowadays so your look tends to be very bad and the only way to fix that is by adding a costume which there isn't really varieties to it.
which leads us to the point of what is the purpose of spending hours farming these styles or even spending money on them to get if you cant actually have a decent 7 pieces look of the same style, unless ure extremely lucky or u dont want to use a monster helm which is not that good of an idea.

So It would be awesome if I can craft like a full costume and equip it over my gear just like I do with the available costumes
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I used to spend a lot of gold buying motifs. As of right now there are few too many set worth crafting. Now with the inclusion of crown store motifs it's even worse. The price was fair but not having the style material readily available, we'll seem like a cash grab. Mimic stones not selling so let's force a new style that you will have to use them on. I really did enjoy crafting in this game but it has been left behind.

Spent a lot of time getting Psijjic recipe now I will have to grind those again if I want to make the new mythic ambrosia. Probably wouldn't be able recoup your money on that with all that is required, and the fact it will be the same as the crown store scrolls.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u don ned dat monsr set tho cuz u can jus run yer on nod lotof diffs
    popcorn.gif
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice Born Star is obscenely strong and crafted, just tossing that out there
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the fourth or fifth thread plea for a proper costume creation system this week.

Good!! :p:p:p
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Twice Born Star is obscenely strong and crafted, just tossing that out there

It's good as is Julianos and a few others, but not nearly enough set to make crafting a viable profession anymore. The amount of time and money invested in crafting isn't worth it at this point. I will continue to buy motifs and only lack a couple of research traits so I will finish it.

I don't think I would invest that much into it as a new player, there isn't enough ROI, to make it worth while. 43 motifs, year and half of research, farming the mats and motifs. Crafting isn't in demand as much as it used to be. Especially after they dropped 30 new sets with 1T.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to add atleast 5-10 more really good craftable sets. 7 to 9 trait ones
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    They need to add atleast 5-10 more really good craftable sets. 7 to 9 trait ones

Insteadvof chasing the same dragon of "next set will make it better", i would like a very limited change.

When crafting a set, one of the 2-3-4 bonuses can at craft time be replaced with one of the other 2-3-4 on that set. Most of the mediocre are one sub-par bonus away from good.

Would in one swell foop "add" a lot of options and control.

As part of a packsge of small changes, equip crafting could be worthwhile again
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."