The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Automaton Set

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭

Looking for a set to pair with Draugr Hulk (all plus stamina bonuses)

I was thinking Strength of the Automaton. Plus 400 weapon damage to physical damage abilities

Seems like a great damage boost, yeah?

Bar 1 = 1 run 1hand/shield
Bar 2 = bow

Thoughts?
Anybody already tried this?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure about the bow. I'm still farming for Automaton pieces so I can't really say what works. Taking me forever since no one wants to help me grind so I gotta solo the stupid dungeon. I'm thinking of running it with either hundings or eternal hunt though.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Not sure about the bow. I'm still farming for Automaton pieces so I can't really say what works. Taking me forever since no one wants to help me grind so I gotta solo the stupid dungeon. I'm thinking of running it with either hundings or eternal hunt though.

use the dugeon finder for normal darkshade and just select all the roles. Dungeon is plenty easy enough that you dont need healer/tank but the extra dps makes farming go by way quicker. Finish the dungeon, rinse and repeat. Took me a day of farming (about 5-6 hours) to get a full set of impen pieces.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Already tried it, no good UNLESS you plan on getting both weapons or
    dropping monster helm.

In no way would I suggest this set.

It doesn't work when you can attain, VO/Agility/TBS

TBS is a much much better alternative. 2 weapons, 3 pieces of armour.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on that one done so far so so so many runns i lost the count runs and have no seen one .1 handed wp OF ANY KIND

ive solo normal ds1 ds2 run it with pugs in vet and not even 1 , 1 hand wp to be seen

Edited by ForsakenSin on October 31, 2016 10:49PM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Move to PC and I'll help you farm it. Been farming Automaton and Sword Dancer (Blessed crucible) myself. It's painful when you think there's more of a chance getting what you want with more people :(
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    With my stam nb im now using 5 automaton, 5 hundings and 2 velidreth in pve and it feels awesome.
    Need to get spriggan daggers so i can try that set instead of hundings...
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    dropping monster helm.

Running tbs with 2 weapons and 3 armor means you lose second Mundus when you bar swap
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    dropping monster helm.

Running tbs with 2 weapons and 3 armor means you lose second Mundus when you bar swap

I do understand that, but wouldn't be the end of the world depending what you run on backbar.

For sorcs, dropping posion injection/endless hail swap it's not too bad but yes you'd lose it.

If he was absolutely set on automaton I'd do this because farming those weapons with good triats. yeah gg
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Move to PC and I'll help you farm it. Been farming Automaton and Sword Dancer (Blessed crucible) myself. It's painful when you think there's more of a chance getting what you want with more people :(

@Alucardo Hey man I'm still grinding dungeons if you need a grinding partner, I'm a dab hand at darkshade now ;) I still need a few pieces of netches touch, some burning spellweave and amberplasm, but I'm just up for doing dungeons in general cos I'm still only undaunted rank 6. No worries if not :)
    PC | EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

@Alucardo Hey man I'm still grinding dungeons if you need a grinding partner, I'm a dab hand at darkshade now ;) I still need a few pieces of netches touch, some burning spellweave and amberplasm, but I'm just up for doing dungeons in general cos I'm still only undaunted rank 6. No worries if not :)

@FriedEggSandwich Sounds like a plan! Maybe we'll get lucky and receive pledges for the dungeons we're after to get your undaunted up even faster =D
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need one more ring and weps :(
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A pretty weak set IMO. Single advantage it has over crafted sets like NMG or HR is that it has jewelry. It's probably one of the sets I will discard, since I don't have space to store it anymore.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Not a lot of positive feedback on the automaton Set here... but why? what is the weakness?

I see the +400 weapon damage to physical attacks and that seems like a solid bump.

Invasion (shield charge), ransack, heroic slash, and bow attacks...

Farming for the weapon/shield pieces is horrible pain though... maybe I'll combine it with a crafted set just to see how it works...

Thoughts on a crafted set to combine with either Automaton or Draugr Hulk?

• Seido_Tensei_
    Seido_Tensei_
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand that, but wouldn't be the end of the world depending what you run on backbar.

For sorcs, dropping posion injection/endless hail swap it's not too bad but yes you'd lose it.

If he was absolutely set on automaton I'd do this because farming those weapons with good triats. yeah gg

@Lukums1 There is absolutely 0 reason to run TBS if you lose the second Mundus when you weapon swap. Literally any other 5pc would perform better as at least you would regain the 5pc advantage when you swap back to dual wield bar. With TBS you would have to leave the instance and grab another Mundus every swap, while the 3 and 4 pc bonuses are not even that great.

It really bothers when people give advice that is just flat out wrong.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Focus... Focus...

We're talking about the pros and cons of the Automaton Set, please.

• TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody can provide input to this question?

What about the Automaton Set?

Sounds great, but some people say no... but why?
  • alext89
    alext89
    ✭✭✭
    I tested a few sets whit hulking. i run 2h and bow. both malestrom, so no monster set for me. id say its actually deficult to overcome blackrose and agility.

5 hulking 5 trainee = 45k stamina, - 2700 weapon damage. 25k health 19k magic. regn about 1200. tooltip on dizzy swnig, about the same as black rose agiliity, i would say.

then i tried 5 hulking 5 spriggan. this was 42k stamina, and maybe 2700-2900 weapon daamge, about the same as first setup, just more penetration, and less magic and health.

5 hulking 5 black rose about 43k stamina, 14k magic, 1k regn, 2600 +- weapon damage.

all setup was tested whit purple glyphs, and blue rings, and didnt really tweak the stats.

if i remeber correct, i had 39,5k stamina and 3200 weapon damage whit black rose, and ok surstain in combat, + bloodspawn. so its hard to beat. id say if u run sword and board, run it whit black rose. and use a monster set.
    Edited by alext89 on November 16, 2016 8:43PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    dropping monster helm.

No like you lose the mundus and have to go and get it again.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Automaton isn't as good because its not buffed by major/minor brutality
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Automaton is trash by the way. I decided to try it to see if it was as bad as I thought it was. And yeah its bad. Like real trash in PvE and PvP for any class. Don't use it, sell it your group members for a few K an be done with it. Remember the set doesn't benefit from Major Brutality, it doesn't affect your heals... Hunding Rage for example is 360 weapon damage with Major Brutality (only 40 less than Automaton) and it affects your heals and it gives you crit.

Draug Hulk would go extremely well with Black Rose though. That huge stamina pool and that resource management would be pretty sweet.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    cool thanks. guess I can clear out some of my inventory....