Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newb stuck in MQ rescue Lyrris

Synden22
Synden22
Not sure of the NPC spelling but I started a solo instance to save the NPC and this ancient Clanfear one shots me, I am running out of potions and my gear is wearing out with me dying over and over. I obviously started this before i was ready (level 7 fresh off the turnip truck, stamina NB). I have lousy dual wield weaps and a lousy bow, the npc is no help at all, won't even pick up her axe. I don't seem to be able to abandon and come back to it, it seems I am perma stuck in Molag Bals realm. So is there any help for me?
PS: I am an old lady so don't bother taunting me that I am an old lady, ;-) I'd just like to play anyway.
  • Synden22
    Synden22
    ...Happily when I logged back on I was outside the instance, I will go back to it later.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it helps, this quest was originally designed for Level 10 players, so give it a few levels and come back later.

You are correct that you can't abandon any quest in the Main Story, but if you want to give up on a Main Story quest and come back later, just backtrack to the entrance, where you will be able to find a portal back to the Harborage.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Synden22
    Synden22
    Thanks very much, I was wondering if there was a level I should shoot for.
  • Andohir
    Andohir
    ✭✭✭
    The Clannfear loses most of its threat when you simply block all of its special attacks to avoid negative status effects like being knocked down. Also do some cooking to buff yourself with more hp.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, while leveling, try to have some armor and jewelry in all your slots. It does not have to be the best, it does not even need to be beneficial to you (Magic in this case instead of the Stamina that your using) but have something.

Also, a Nightblade can be very powerful, but it is also the hardest class to play well. Not saying don't play a NB, but for getting your feet wet in the game, a Magic Templar or Sorcerer with Pets would be an easier entree to the game. Once you get the hang of things in a few days, then you can play your NB again. Most of us have one character from all 4 classes and change up who we play.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    just wait till you get to the harvester part :)
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Synden22
    Synden22
    Thank you for the replies. I have a few characters now, none over 8 yet and I think I am having an easier time with the Sorcerers. I like to do archery in the previous games (why I was making a NB) but switching weapons is really akward, I gather after 15 it's easier.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synden22 wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies. I have a few characters now, none over 8 yet and I think I am having an easier time with the Sorcerers. I like to do archery in the previous games (why I was making a NB) but switching weapons is really akward, I gather after 15 it's easier.

It's easier in the sense that you will have access to two weapons and 2 skill bars in combat and can swap between them with the press of one button.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep in mind that the main story line quests will always be at your level. If you come back to it at level 30, the mobs will all be level 30, however, you will have more skills, better armor, more stats, etc.
  • Grolsch
    Grolsch
    Soul Shriven
    I originally started out as a two hander and dedicated my points to one handed and block relatively early.

Block is super effective in this game. Often when I am facing off with a clannfear I will just sit there bashing it with my shield.

I would be dying a lot more than I do now. If it wasn't for shield use.