The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Trait and Style reforge?

Dthhwk
Dthhwk
✭✭
Hello,
First and foremost Im posting this after a recent discussion with a few friends, we had an Idea for maybe something that could be added and would love thoughts on it. as the tital says trait and style Reforge.

to give an example, I have 2 gold precise Tourg's swords for my NB DPS, But I would love to make them sharpened because my limited in game Money is used between 10 different characters and I have little time to play due to Obligations IRL. BUT Something like a reforge stone I could make simple changes and keep the Gold stst. But after a talk to keep the game from going to a get bad gear and make it good from sets like Worm and SPC, limit it to crafted gear sets, and only make it a trait and cosmetic change not a set bonus change (i.e if i have TBS Change to Julianos). Also maybe like 500 crowns to keep it cheaper and more accessible to players.

Thank you for reading,

Hawk
Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Westwind Claws| Legion of the Bloodworks

Kyolus | Templar | DC | Stamina DPS
Aria the Hurricane | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
Sebastian Shurkan | Dragon Knight | DC | Magicka DPS
El Blanco Diablo | Nightblade | DC | Tank
Finds-The-Crit | Nightblade | DC | Stamina DPS
Shadow Hwk | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
Shadow Kasai | Nightblade | EP | Magicka DPS
Life Hwk | Templar | DC | Magicka DPS/Healer
Lord Testiclies | Dragon Knight | EP |Tank
Venom Hwk | Dragon Knight | DC | Stamina DPS
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see them add an ability to morph certain things about equipment. Especially with all the drop sets now taking away from the use of crafting, it would be nice to see.

Definitely should be able to change the style IMO. No player should have to see a cool new motif come out and have to consider re-crafting a gold set of max level armors just to get use out of the new style if they so desired. (I mean, I think I'd live with it myself, but I don't think they should be put in that position to begin with).

As for traits. I'm of two minds on this. Crafted gear I say yes. Especially with them having changed what the traits do. I was on break from the game and when I returned most of the my max level gold gear on several characters is no longer close to BiS b/c the traits were changed so drastically. For dropped gear, no - that takes away from the grind (which as much as we might hate, is part of these types of games). Trust me, for them to make it work if they allowed trait changing, the drop rates would have to be so low you might not get anything decent at all instead of something that kind of works but isn't perfect b/c it doesn't have the best in slot trait.

B)B)B)
    One idea might also be to allow costume crafting. Nothing too mixmatchy or unique to take away from crown store costumes. But allow a crafter to, for example, make a Mercenary Heavy costume, so it would all be of one style and type, or a Bosmer Light costume, or a Celestial medium, etc. etc. It would still offer a place for players that want to mix and match actual armors to do so and stand out from the crowd, and if you limited dying to a similar setup as regular costumes it would also give players that mix and match real armor pieces a chance to have more variety. While at the same time offering crafters a new avenue to be useful.

They could even add a new skill under the crafting skill line to soak up a skill point if desired (and obviously they'd have to know the entire motif to be able to do something like this). Could also add new materials needed to make such costumes.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Dthhwk
    Dthhwk
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    As for traits. I'm of two minds on this. Crafted gear I say yes. Especially with them having changed what the traits do. I was on break from the game and when I returned most of the my max level gold gear on several characters is no longer close to BiS b/c the traits were changed so drastically. For dropped gear, no - that takes away from the grind (which as much as we might hate, is part of these types of games). Trust me, for them to make it work if they allowed trait changing, the drop rates would have to be so low you might not get anything decent at all instead of something that kind of works but isn't perfect b/c it doesn't have the best in slot trait.

Agreed, The Item would have to only change crafted gear. The grind is real and will stay real.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Westwind Claws| Legion of the Bloodworks

Kyolus | Templar | DC | Stamina DPS
    Aria the Hurricane | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
    Sebastian Shurkan | Dragon Knight | DC | Magicka DPS
    El Blanco Diablo | Nightblade | DC | Tank
    Finds-The-Crit | Nightblade | DC | Stamina DPS
    Shadow Hwk | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
    Shadow Kasai | Nightblade | EP | Magicka DPS
    Life Hwk | Templar | DC | Magicka DPS/Healer
    Lord Testiclies | Dragon Knight | EP |Tank
    Venom Hwk | Dragon Knight | DC | Stamina DPS
    Options
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely would want to see the ability to change the STYLE on any piece, even dropped pieces (given that most dropped sets only come in one style). That being said, there would have to be something that would make it a little harder to do this, like for instance it requiring 2 pieces of that style material or making a separate passive in all the crafting trees just so that people don't turn ALL their armor into a perfect styles.

There should also be a limit on how many times a specific piece can change style, like 3-4 times. Alternatively you can put it on a timer (so like I can change the style of my robe once per week or something like that)

Its probably a little bit off to be able to change traits on things; the grinding will (and should) still be an integral part of building vet characters. IMO you shouldn't even be able to change traits on things that are already crafted-- would encourage a lack of caution when crafting things and would allow people to change their builds on a dime if say they wanted to switch between healing and dps, or dungeons and trials. Most likely there are people who have spent a lot of resources in making sure they have two sets of armor just so that they can do this and they will likely be angry if their investment becomes obsolete.
    Options
  • Sarielis
    Sarielis
    ✭✭
    I think nine trait crafters should be able to change traits on armor and weapons it would make master crafters viable
    Elders Guild
    Sarielis Moonbow Vet14 Sorc
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old thought probably as old as the game. Doubt it will happen.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options