The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New patch makes game unplayable for me - lag, stuttering, lowres textures

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
Ever since Saturday's 2.6.9 patch the game has become basically unplayable for me because of stuttering and lag. It's hard to move without having chopping, freezing and/or stuttering frames, whereas before it was smooth and I only sometimes experienced input lag where the keyboard and mouse would freeze for few seconds and then unfreeze.

Also despite having officially quicker texture loading times, now most of them load much more slowly, and many of them like grass and environments load in minimal texture quality all the time and take much more longer to load the high res textures, and some never load the high res versions - eg. the grass and ground stays low res, while buildings and characters' high res textures load. Also everything seems much more jagged, and the outlines sharp and pointy, contrasting with things around them, before they were crisp and blended naturally.

Here's an example: It took me 14 seconds for the right pillar to load the high resolution texture, and additional 5-8 seconds to load the high res texture of the left pillar. Before the patch they always had the high resolution textures and I've played the game every day since Nov 1.

Below is an additional example of how outside of DA and outside of the Ash mountain looks now, with game on medium settings but with high resolution textures selected, and the the last picture with the skeleton Argonians is from before the patch, with exactly the same settings. You can see the difference. According to chat and guild mates I'm not the only one with worse textures and lag introduced by the patch.

If you're experiencing same or similar problems, please post so that ZOS is more likely to investigate this issue.
Edited by Adventurer on November 14, 2016 1:14AM
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Did you ever resolve this issue? What CPU and GPU are you using and what operating system are you using?
    Options