The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to make chat text and chat box fade faster.

ForfiniteStories
ForfiniteStories
✭✭✭
Does any one know of way to make the chat box and the text in the chat box fade faster or at all for that matter? I don't want to have to actually close the chat, as I still want to see when someone says something, but I don't need all this text just sitting there clogging up my screen if I have already read it. The chat box fades at random, as if it has a mind of its own, but the text itself never fades.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    Now I have another issue. The text finally disappeared after about ten minutes. However, the chat box itself won't vanish. I don't remember the UI being this bad before. I suppose I'll see if their is a config file I can edit until someone replies with a definite solution.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create a Channel with only the Say box checked, then it should fade if there are no Say's. You can have other channels for other types of text.

Strange thing is, on the PC, if no ones sends out a text in a short period of time, the box fades fairly quickly, and if I bring up the UI to see the Texts from before, it immediately fades if there is no new activity.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"